Death List 2018 (1 Viewer)

Johnnythespider

Can anybody tell me how the track Lipstick and Magazines Shot by both sides has the same riff running through them. I know Devoto was in the buzzcocks early on, so was this a song that was in the writing when he left and both bands finished it in their own style ?

Otis

Can anybody tell me how the track Lipstick and Magazines Shot by both sides has the same riff running through them. I know Devoto was in the buzzcocks early on, so was this a song that was in the writing when he left and both bands finished it in their own style ?

Pretty much spot on that, Spider.

They wrote the song together and then Devoto left to form Magazine. Shot by Both Sides came out first.

Same riff, but two different songs. Both are really, really good, but have to say that I believe Lipstick to be the better incarnation and one of the greatest songs Buzzcocks ever made.

Love it so much and would urge anyone who knows nothing past 'Ever Fallen in Love' to give this a listen.

2 mins 40 of pure brilliance.

Johnnythespider

Pretty much spot on that, Spider.

They wrote the song together and then Devoto left to form Magazine. Shot by Both Sides came out first.

Same riff, but two different songs. Both are really, really good, but have to say that I believe Lipstick to be the better incarnation and one of the greatest songs Buzzcocks ever made.

Love it so much and would urge anyone who knows nothing past 'Ever Fallen in Love' to give this a listen.

2 mins 40 of pure brilliance.

Thanks for that Otis, i thought it must be something like that. I had the Going Steady cd on in the car yesterday and there isn't a bad track on it. He had one of those unique voices i like that make you sit up and listen.

Otis

He didn't have the greatest voice, but it was so distinctive and he had great inflection.

Captain Dart

Hopefully next year things will improve.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Ray Sawyer - singer with Dr Hook. Died 31st Dec.

Users who are viewing this thread