Deepdale hoodoo (1 Viewer)

tomreagan84

I’m curious; this is a question for the sky blue historians.

Preston have played at Deepdale since 1878. According to wiki, it’s recognised as “the oldest continuously used football stadium in the world”.

We’ve got the unenviable record of having never won a league game there in 145 years.

Between 1878-2001, how many years were we ever in the same division?

Also have we beat them in the cup up there? If so when?

Cheers to anybody that can help.

tomreagan84

I didn’t realise it was that bad in Leeds.

I wonder what the odds are on 2 wins this year?
Cheers OW and STP anyway, that’s exactly what I wanted.

Nobody’s argued on this thread yet either. That must be a SBT record? (Nick?)

We’re clearly all boring c**t whistles.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Thanks STP that’s interesting (edited; SLT is a work initiatilism, much less helpful than you).

it’s still a wank record, but we haven’t played them a lot.

Our 20th century shit show pretty much coincides with Tom Finney.

Bloody Tom Finney.
Even if you limit it to the 21st century - it’s still 18 games no wins. Which in itself is woeful - I fucking hate Preston North End

Covcraig@bury

I’m not going to this , first time in years as it’s local to me . So I predict the same result 3-1 lose it makes no fucking difference. Still not sure which preston player will score for us 🤔

tomreagan84

I was there boxing day 1996, we went 1-0 down, came back to win 3-1 with Whelan being sent off and Gary Kelly missing a penalty, their fans were a bit nasty outside after
I wasn’t there, but do remember that match, I’d have been about 12.

My mum and her family are Leeds supporters, so enjoyed the victory.

I loved Noel Whelan, the poor man’s Cantona.

rob9872

I thought Bramall Lane was the oldest stadium in the world hosting professional football matches?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I'm sure Wrexham vlaimed it in their documentary, Mansfield have it somewhere in their ground I thinkni remember too Notts Co oldest league club, but fomt know if always played at ML. Sheffield FC over all oldest don't know about their ground. So many claims, it's a bit like the true centre if England which we of course sll know is Cov 😉

oscillatewildly

I was there boxing day 1996, we went 1-0 down, came back to win 3-1 with Whelan being sent off and Gary Kelly missing a penalty, their fans were a bit nasty outside after
Me too. I don't think it was the same game, maybe a couple of seasons earlier - When Ndlovu gloriously smashed home a crossbar rebound.
It put us in the lead but they equalised deep into injury time.
Or was that the same game 🤔

tomreagan84

I’m not going to this , first time in years as it’s local to me . So I predict the same result 3-1 lose it makes no fucking difference. Still not sure which preston player will score for us 🤔
Our time is coming.

You’ll regret it if you miss it.
I thought Bramall Lane was the oldest stadium in the world hosting professional football matches?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I could be wrong, I used Wikipedia.

“Continiousley used” ???

Genuinely interested to be corrected if I’m wrong.

At least we’ve beaten the Hamer wasters.

tomreagan84

I'm sure Wrexham vlaimed it in their documentary, Mansfield have it somewhere in their ground I thinkni remember too Notts Co oldest league club, but fomt know if always played at ML. Sheffield FC over all oldest don't know about their ground. So many claims, it's a bit like the true centre if England which we of course sll know is Cov 😉
As above mate.

tomreagan84

Me too. I don't think it was the same game, maybe a couple of seasons earlier - When Ndlovu gloriously smashed home a crossbar rebound.
Think that was a slightly earlier team.

Fuck me though, id kill for a front two of ndlovu and whelan at the mo.

Gynnsthetonic

Huckerby(30), Dublin(38)and McCallister(40)from the spot, 3 goals in 10 minutes, second half was all Leeds but we held on

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I’m curious; this is a question for the sky blue historians.

Preston have played at Deepdale since 1878. According to wiki, it’s recognised as “the oldest continuously used football stadium in the world”.

We’ve got the unenviable record of having never won a league game there in 145 years.

Between 1878-2001, how many years were we ever in the same division?

Also have we beat them in the cup up there? If so when?

Cheers to anybody that can help.

Attachments

• 1697290110107.png
    1697290110107.png
    238.9 KB · Views: 23

BlueSkiesForever

Surely just on the balance of probability we have to beat them at some point? Just like us they’ve had a poor run recently, I think this one’s up for grabs tbh, although admittedly my money will be on 1-1.
Every week I do a Cov bet builder of 11+ corners, under 4 goals, under 4 cards and Sheaf to have 0.5+ shots, not massive odds but comes in most weeks, it’s the only bet I ever seem to win these days 😂

tomreagan84

Surely just on the balance of probability we have to beat them at some point? Just like us they’ve had a poor run recently, I think this one’s up for grabs tbh, although admittedly my money will be on 1-1.
Every week I do a Cov bet builder of 11+ corners, under 4 goals, under 4 cards and Sheaf to have 0.5+ shots, not massive odds but comes in most weeks, it’s the only bet I ever seem to win these days 😂
That’s my thinking.

They’ve never been a good team this century.

ccfc922

Didn't know whether to create a new thread, but tickets have gone off sale online.

Made a last minute decision to travel up tomorrow from Bournemouth, does anyone know if they're sold out and can only buy on the gate?

Also, the BOTG tickets, I'm assuming weren't the 100 or so remaining from the initial allocation? There surely will be as many as turn up to buy?

Thanks in advance 😁

SkyBlueMatt

Every week I do a Cov bet builder of 11+ corners, under 4 goals, under 4 cards and Sheaf to have 0.5+ shots, not massive odds but comes in most weeks, it’s the only bet I ever seem to win these days
I've screenshot this in case I forget after leaving the pub.

Loads of corner, no goals, loads of shots on target.

As long as I bet on the Cov win I guarantee I lose which is good for us.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

BlueSkiesForever

I've screenshot this in case I forget after leaving the pub.

Loads of corner, no goals, loads of shots on target.
Yeah exactly that, we always seem to have a load of corners and shots but our games always seem to be quite tight, have few cards in them and have 3 or less goals in them. The result is always hard to predict so I tend to leave that out, other than that it comes in most weeks 👌
(Saying that now watch us lose like 4-0, have 3 corners all game and like 7 cards 😂)

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

Yeah exactly that, we always seem to have a load of corners and shots but our games always seem to be quite tight, have few cards in them and have 3 or less goals in them. The result is always hard to predict so I tend to leave that out, other than that it comes in most weeks 👌
(Saying that now watch us lose like 4-0, have 3 corners all game and like 7 cards 😂)
What odds do you typically get?

Speedies_Chips

Didn't know whether to create a new thread, but tickets have gone off sale online.

Made a last minute decision to travel up tomorrow from Bournemouth, does anyone know if they're sold out and can only buy on the gate?

Also, the BOTG tickets, I'm assuming weren't the 100 or so remaining from the initial allocation? There surely will be as many as turn up to buy?

Thanks in advance 😁
Just in case you missed it on the CCFC site, it is pay on the gate tomorrow. Hope the long trip is worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread