Defense (1 Viewer)

Littlewood CCFC

One pleasing thing about Saturday was how solid our defense looked. Granted we don't look the force we did this time last season going forward with the likes of Moussa,Clarke and Wilson linking up but i think with Swanson's Creavitity, O briens deep late runs and Flecks ability to pick a long pass - Not to mention young Ryan Haynes excellent crossing! i think we will be able to score a goal or two. I thought the main difference Saturday was Sheff Utd honestly never looked like scoring, their constant long ball every time was met by Reda, Webster and even Willis! Hope this doesn't jynx us for Tuesday but i thought all our defenders were excellent Saturday.

RoboCCFC90

I would agree with that sentiment. We looked very solid. Bring on Tuesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Err, pretty sure Americans are allowed in Nuneaton, NW.

I hear they go for the nightlife and wonderful scenery.*

*Americans have always been a little bit thick.

They all left when the Pen and Wig shut down.

Otis

They all left when the Pen and Wig shut down.

And that was the last pub in Nuneaton? What do they do there now then apart from breed with their cousins and watch tumbleweed blow across the Lidl car park?

ccfcmustang

Defence were class on saturday, the worrying thing at times is that they made it look easy. In the first 15-20 minutes Sheffield United pushed both of their wingers high up the field, restricting clarke and haynes from getting forward resulting in a lot of pressure. We grew into the game from the defence forwards- Reda Johnson sometimes looked a different calibre to whatever they were throwing at him. WOn everything in the air, knows how to tackle but for god sake dont think about giving him the ball his passing leaves a lot to be desired. Ive been critical of jordan willis recently too but he managed a decent game and has set a prescedent now in the level in which we all expect. Bring on Barnsley, Jim o'brien to get a brace and get us one step closer to safety

covcity4life

3-5-2 keeps us defensivly stronger, if we can add goals its a goer

against cardiff we struggled to attack but they had hardly any good chances either.

Skyblueweeman

Defence were class on saturday, the worrying thing at times is that they made it look easy. In the first 15-20 minutes Sheffield United pushed both of their wingers high up the field, restricting clarke and haynes from getting forward resulting in a lot of pressure. We grew into the game from the defence forwards- Reda Johnson sometimes looked a different calibre to whatever they were throwing at him. WOn everything in the air, knows how to tackle but for god sake dont think about giving him the ball his passing leaves a lot to be desired. Ive been critical of jordan willis recently too but he managed a decent game and has set a prescedent now in the level in which we all expect. Bring on Barnsley, Jim o'brien to get a brace and get us one step closer to safety

One step closer to safety? It's mid-August man....we're not in present danger at the moment! It's not as if we're 26 points adrift of 4th from bottom!!

WM

Users who are viewing this thread