Defensive record (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

4th lowest goals conceded and joint 2nd highest number of clean sheets (9), 5 of which have come since previous lynchpin McFadz was left out of the starting line up. Our defensive coaching is excellent.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

JulianDarbyFTW

Am I right in thinking Dennis Lawrence does the defensive coaching? Since we moved up to the Championship, that's one area of the team that just clicks nicely into place after a few months of the season. And hopefully, if we have a fairly settled back line for the next few years, we'll become virtually impenetrable.

slowpoke

Am I right in thinking Dennis Lawrence does the defensive coaching? Since we moved up to the Championship, that's one area of the team that just clicks nicely into place after a few months of the season. And hopefully, if we have a fairly settled back line for the next few years, we'll become virtually impenetrable.
And Kyle McFadzean ?

stevefloyd

I thought this was about a new song that that guy makes up, but, it makes you feel proud that we have this accolade the other being 6th in the goals plus department

Hutch11

The defensive partnership of Kitching and Thomas is superb
Thomas is like your all action , tough tackling , no nonsense type
Where as Kitching is like a Rolls Royce , very rarely goes to ground but just steps in and takes the ball
They compliment each other perfectly and clearly have a chemistry between them

slowpoke

The defensive partnership of Kitching and Thomas is superb
Thomas is like your all action , tough tackling , no nonsense type
Where as Kitching is like a Rolls Royce , very rarely goes to ground but just steps in and takes the ball
They compliment each other perfectly and clearly have a chemistry between them
Is that the same Bobby Thomas that was ridiculed and rubbished when we first signed him by a lot of our resident “experts”on here and the same Liam Kitching that we “spunked” over 4.5 million quid on.

Sky Blue Pete

Also we’ve been very lucky

Of 7 big chances in the last 2 games only 1 has been on target

And yes I’m taking the piss

Cally Fedora

Kitching has been excellent. I’d argue Bidwell has had as big an impact and also Van Ewijk looks far more comfortable in a flat back 4. The irony is the full backs have also got forward far more effectively in a flat back 4.

TomRad85

If he was trying to offload Bidwell I'd imagine he's had a rethink. That back 4 is solid and, assuming we don't go up, is something we don't even need to look at going into next season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

stupot07

4th lowest goals conceded and joint 2nd highest number of clean sheets (9), 5 of which have come since previous lynchpin McFadz was left out of the starting line up. Our defensive coaching is excellent.

It's actually 6 not 5 cleansheets since Fads dropped out and we went to a back 4.
Stoke, Millwall, Plymouth, Birmingham, Sunderland, Sheff Wed.

Since we have gone to a back 4:

Played 9
Conceded 4 goals
Kept 6 clean sheets (66%)

P9 W5 D3 L1 F14 A4 GD +10, PTS 18 PPG 2 WIN % 56%

The previously 15 league games with wingbacks and Fadz

P15 W4 D6 L6 F19 A21 GD -2, PTS 18 PPG 1.2 WIN % 27%

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

You have a goalkeeper and central defensive pairing who already know each other very well, either side of them one solid Championship full back and one good prospect. What also helps is having better balance further up the pitch so we aren’t asking 3 players to do all of the attacking work.

SkyBlueMatt

Thomas still scared me at least twice a game got to be honest.
Yeah me too, well both of them. Kitching in the Sunderland game had a number of iffy mistakes.

They are both settling and getting better. At the moment they are in good form and playing well, I'm sure there will be bumps along the way and dips in form but I know how level headed this forum is.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

It's actually 6 not 5 cleansheets since Fads dropped out and we went to a back 4.
Stoke, Millwall, Plymouth, Birmingham, Sunderland, Sheff Wed.

Since we have gone to a back 4:

Played 9
Conceded 4 goals
Kept 6 clean sheets (66%)

P9 W5 D3 L1 F14 A4 GD +10, PTS 18 PPG 2 WIN % 56%

The previously 15 league games with wingbacks and Fadz

P15 W4 D6 L6 F19 A21 GD -2, PTS 18 PPG 1.2 WIN % 27%

Have you got any stats to back this up?

slowpoke

Bidwell was always a good player from the time he signed but was another player not received well on here by our “experts”.

skybluegod

TBF even without Lawrence, Robins has always been able to make his sides hard to beat. Sometimes takes a bit of time, but he's always been a manager that aims to be solid first.

SBAndy

Bidwell was always a good player from the time he signed but was another player not received well on here by our “experts”.

Good as in “solid”. Attacking output has gone miles up this season. The whole premise of 3ATB was that the wing backs were meant to offer an attacking outlet. They very rarely did, and it turns out it wasn’t due to inability to do so.

mmttww

Good as in “solid”. Attacking output has gone miles up this season. The whole premise of 3ATB was that the wing backs were meant to offer an attacking outlet. They very rarely did, and it turns out it wasn’t due to inability to do so.
Bang on. He's looked better this season.

wingy

Mason debate again, think he's gone out the game?

Users who are viewing this thread