Definitely Maybe 30th Anniversary Tour (1 Viewer)

Otis

The Bends is the best Radiohead album. Clearly.

By the time Amnesiac came out, They'd disappeared up their own arse.
I liked some of Amnesiac, but found parts of it unpalatable.

The Bends is a fab album, but I prefer OK Computer, just for the few really, really standout tracks.

ajsccfc

I think him denying it is pretty much where the story ended as I suppose there was no legal element to it. They're still going as far as I know, doing the 90s show circuit rather than new stuff

clint van damme

Otis

Same happened with hookworms, had tickets to see them in brum, was looking forward to it, next thing they'd split up because one of them was a wrong un.
Surprised that the rest of the band have stuck with him, though I see one other member is in fact his brother.

Wonder if he gets any stick on stage from the audience. Not thinking so much in terms of Bluetones gigs, but if they ever play any festivals where there would undoubtedly be people who are not Bluetones fans at all

clint van damme

Surprised that the rest of the band have stuck with him, though I see one other member is in fact his brother.

Wonder if he gets any stick on stage from the audience. Not thinking so much in terms of Bluetones gigs, but if they ever play any festivals where there would undoubtedly be people who are not Bluetones fans at all

Fairly sure hookworm just split the band up when the allegations against one of them came to light.
Not sure what the other members did after that.

Kasabian of course carried on minus Tom.

Otis

Lost Prophets broke up too didn't they

That one was a really shocking case.
Fairly sure hookworm just split the band up when the allegations against one of them came to light.

fernandopartridge

Just had a quick refresh on the story there. He still gets fan mail from Lost Prophet fans. It's insane isn't it. He raped children unde the age of 13 and sexually assaulted a baby.

How can anyone still be a fan?

😳

Sure it isn't fans of the other Ian Watkins from Steps?

David O'Day

I think him denying it is pretty much where the story ended as I suppose there was no legal element to it. They're still going as far as I know, doing the 90s show circuit rather than new stuff
yeah nothing else seemed to happen after that statement

David O'Day

Hookworms was interesting there was legal action but it was the singer vs. the woman who posted someone else's allegations online

clint van damme

Hookworms was interesting there was legal action but it was the singer vs. the woman who posted someone else's allegations online

Just read an article about it and I can remember the circumstances now.
Fairly strange what went on.

Covkid1968#

Saw on the Facebook advertisement 'the greatest album of the nineties' or some rubbish like that.

They spelt OK Computer wrong.
Does make you laugh… more talent in Thom’s big toe. I love a bit of Oasis, but the greatest album of the 90’s made me piss myself!!

Covkid1968#

I liked some of Amnesiac, but found parts of it unpalatable.

The Bends is a fab album, but I prefer OK Computer, just for the few really, really standout tracks.
I’ve loved every album… even the experimental stuff. You need to listen a good number of times before you get some of their music.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Loved them back in the day but I’ll be honest. I don’t think their music has aged well, I now find the oasis back catalog to be very mediocre at best and I now think I just got carried away by the hype. Basically I’ve come to the conclusion that they were massively overrated and there was many better bands around at the time who were far more deserving of the limelight.
I was more an oasis than Blur fan but when I saw blur recently play live at the BBC I thought they were really good, played some stuff which showed how their music had evolved with age and the audience appreciated it. They can mix it up. Oasis would have banged out the same old stuff and looked like a bunch of old men content to snarl and go through the motions .

SkyBlueSoul

An unintended consequence of starting this thread is that I've binged Radiohead for the last few days which is always welcome.

Unsurprisingly looks like the Gallagher tickets went like shit off a shovel this morning.

Otis

I was more an oasis than Blur fan but when I saw blur recently play live at the BBC I thought they were really good, played some stuff which showed how their music had evolved with age and the audience appreciated it. They can mix it up. Oasis would have banged out the same old stuff and looked like a bunch of old men content to snarl and go through the motions .
Agree and I was the same. Blue matured, Oasis stagnated

Otis

An unintended consequence of starting this thread is that I've binged Radiohead for the last few days which is always welcome.

Unsurprisingly looks like the Gallagher tickets went like shit off a shovel this morning.
Probably be the name of his new album "Shit Off A Shovel"

Users who are viewing this thread