Delivery Driver Rant (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Is this a new, updated version of Postman Pat.

#Delivery Driver Rant#
#Delivery Driver Rant#
#Delivery Driver Rant and his big white van#
#Delivers when he feels like#
#Often when you're not in#
#Then throws all your parcels in the hedge#

SBAndy

Someone I know had their parcel left in the electrical box on the exterior of their house. Utterly bizarre.

Mcbean

We live near a new massive estate / their social media is full of complaints and pictures of parcels on the wrong doorstep - have walked around it - feel sorry for the delivery drivers as it’s nigh on impossible to find flats in the place , roadmarkings are appalling- everydoorstep looks the same

stay_up_skyblues

I had a “sorry you weren’t in” card pushed through the door yesterday saying they’d left my parcel behind the bin. There it was, behind the bin on the front drive in full view of every passer by. Of course I was in, had been all day and my car was on the drive. Why wouldn’t you ring the bell? Think it was Yodel.

Last edited:

Mcbean

Covid really has opened up the leave it on the doorstep mode without even ringing the bell !

SBAndy

Got a good one on this actually. Earlier this year we ordered a Hickorys at Home from the restaurant. Had it a few times before and it was really good. Anyway, I was out when it was delivered and I got a message saying it had been left in ‘a safe place’. Turns out said safe place was the driveway, fully in view on a reasonably hot day with food inside. What’s not to like?!

stay_up_skyblues

I worked at a place where the customer asked for the parcel to be left in the recycling bin which they did unfortunately on bin day.

Our blue bin was deemed a “safe place” a few weeks ago. No issues for us but your exact scenario there ran through my head. Must happen a lot to be fair, you’d be fuming if it was a high value item (or buzzing if you were the refuse collector!).

Hertsccfc

Got a good one on this actually. Earlier this year we ordered a Hickorys at Home from the restaurant. Had it a few times before and it was really good. Anyway, I was out when it was delivered and I got a message saying it had been left in ‘a safe place’. Turns out said safe place was the driveway, fully in view on a reasonably hot day with food inside. What’s not to like?!
So you order a takeaway and then go out before it arrives?!

SBAndy

So you order a takeaway and then go out before it arrives?!

Not quite. It is a takeaway of sorts but it’s a ‘cook at home’ type thing. You just get a day that the food will be delivered on and I’d only nipped 5 minutes away for something. Can’t just sit in all day waiting for a delivery!

Hertsccfc

Not quite. It is a takeaway of sorts but it’s a ‘cook at home’ type thing. You just get a day that the food will be delivered on and I’d only nipped 5 minutes away for something. Can’t just sit in all day waiting for a delivery!
Oh ok!

NorthernWisdom

Just been looking at that! Like Hickorys, but not keen on cook at home type things, would rather somebody cooked my takeaway for me! How straightforward is it?

SBAndy

Just been looking at that! Like Hickorys, but not keen on cook at home type things, would rather somebody cooked my takeaway for me! How straightforward is it?

Mostly just boil/reheat in a bag stuff, it’s relatively straightforward. Had it a few times now.

Users who are viewing this thread