Deluded (1 Viewer)

sylus

If you think we will make the playoff's and get promoted..Nah! its not gonna happen and you know it too,you really do deep down,you know we will screw it up,it is what we do best..let everyone down,so we don't go up this season what then for next season the same old BS,mid table finish,followed by a relegation battle this season after,sounds familiar,been there done that,wearing the TSHIRT

Londonccfcfan

If you think we will make the playoff's and get promoted..Nah! its not gonna happen and you know it too,you really do deep down,you know we will screw it up,it is what we do best..let everyone down,so we don't go up this season what then for next season the same old BS,mid table finish,followed by a relegation battle this season after,sounds familiar,been there done that,wearing the TSHIRT
Been there done that?

When was the last time we were in the play offs in April? Ever?

Londonccfcfan

Why don’t you crawl back into your little hole. And feed your negativity elsewhere.

Johhny Blue

O K bye

ccfcway

how come your avatar is a pic of keiths diving header. We were complete underdogs in that game and everyone knew we would lose...

sylus

Why don’t you crawl back into your little hole. And feed your negativity elsewhere.

oh please do you have too,you sound a bore mate,but i won't hold that against you.enjoy your evening. as for the profile pic,it is what it is..so there

Legia Sky Blue

With Swindon & Mansfield also slipping recently it looks to me like 74 points will be enough for a play off place, which ought to be achievable, and from then its a lottery. Ponticelli's goal smacked of an instinctive finisher who we might need to make more of before now & the end of the season. While our other forwards have different qualities I don't see any of them scoring the type of goal Ponti got today. I really hope Robins get's the hint though and stops playing him wide when bringing him on as sub, as.his general play still needs a lot of work. He is wasted being played there, whereas his ability to get a goal from nothing means that when he is used he must be played to his strengths.

Otis

After today, where we were unfortunate to lose, and with the Mansfield and Swindon results, I am sure we will make the play offs.
We are damn lucky that our rivals have fooked up big time.

Unbelievably, Mansfield have not won a single game in 8 matches, yet could still overtake us on Tuesday.

Swindon have just 1 win in the last 6 matches, but again can overtake us on Tuesday.

We need to hope they keep up this poor form and not hit a rich vein all of a sudden.

sylus

After today, where we were unfortunate to lose, and with the Mansfield and Swindon results, I am sure we will make the play offs.[/QUOTE

i do hope you are right and i don't mean to sound negative as such, i know i do but i see it more as being a realist,which brings me to my next point making the playoff's. as it will be a 2 leg tie we would need to win away as the home tie whoever it was against will attract a large crowd and we all know what happens when we play at home in front of large crowds,we would lose the away tie and maybe the home tie because the of large crowd jinx..maybe it is me talking BS..i hope so..but i guess you see my point even a little,even if you don't want to admit it

sylus

how come your avatar is a pic of keiths diving header. We were complete underdogs in that game and everyone knew we would lose...

what has Keith's diving header got to do with the thread,it hasn't, it is just a pic from back in the days when ccfc were a decent club,a top flight team on a extraordinary cup run which no one was getting in our way..

Cov kid 55

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, we have a habit of losing must win games, particularly when we have a good crowd behind us. However, I do feel that our team are mentally stronger than we have been for a while, and are capable of winning a two legged play off semi-final. The only team I wouldn’t fancy playing are Swindon, who I thought were very strong at the Ricoh not so long ago. Notts County were awful today, just constant long ball to Ameobi, and I would really fancy us to beat them over two legs, or in a play-off final. Of course, we need to make the play offs first..... but as I said earlier, I do think we will do that.

Cov kid 55

We are damn lucky that our rivals have fooked up big time.

Unbelievably, Mansfield have not won a single game in 8 matches, yet could still overtake us on Tuesday.

Swindon have just 1 win in the last 6 matches, but again can overtake us on Tuesday.

We need to hope they keep up this poor form and not hit a rich vein all of a sudden.
I thought that Mansfield would find Crewe difficult, they looked a good team against us a couple of weeks ago. If they, and Swindon win in midweek, we will need to win our game in hand, to go above them again. Although we were quite poor today, we were better than a very poor Notts, and I think we showed enough to give me confidence that we can win most of our remaining games (next week at Crawley looks tricky) and secure a play-off place.

Londonccfcfan

Yes, I know exactly what you mean, we have a habit of losing must win games, particularly when we have a good crowd behind us. However, I do feel that our team are mentally stronger than we have been for a while, and are capable of winning a two legged play off semi-final. The only team I wouldn’t fancy playing are Swindon, who I thought were very strong at the Ricoh not so long ago. Notts County were awful today, just constant long ball to Ameobi, and I would really fancy us to beat them over two legs, or in a play-off final. Of course, we need to make the play offs first..... but as I said earlier, I do think we will do that.

Habit of losing big must win games? With big crowds?

Checkatrade Semi vs Wycombe 13k
Wembley final vs Oxford 75k
Notts First game of season 12k
Luton away 10k
Lincoln away 10k
Stoke 15k
Mk Dons 9k away fans.
Luton at home 9k
Mansfield away
Wycombe away

Not sure you can table this team with that.

Just plain inconsistent I'd say.

Cov kid 55

Luton away 10k
Lincoln away 10k
Stoke 15k
Mk Dons 9k away fans.
Luton at home 9k
Mansfield away
Wycombe away

Yeh, maybe you’re right, I certainly hope so! I was kind of acknowledging Sylus’s concerns which I think a lot of us would share. And I agree with you and ISB, and a few others, we will make the play-offs, and win the semi. Then onto the final.....

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Luton away 10k
Lincoln away 10k
Stoke 15k
Mk Dons 9k away fans.
Luton at home 9k
Mansfield away
Wycombe away

That's a very slanted argument put forward there if I'm honest.

I couldn't tell you how many games in the last 10 years I've been to when we've had big crowds and bottled it. The list you've posted are exceptions to the rule really.

Londonccfcfan

I couldn't tell you how many games in the last 10 years I've been to when we've had big crowds and bottled it. The list you've posted are exceptions to the rule really.
The relevance is this season.

Considering we stayed up in the Top division with many a relegation battle. Usually which culminated in our biggest gates of the season during the last must win scenarios last matches of the season.

Id say we dont bottle it.

2 cup finals - 2wins.

Covstu

The playoffs is a cup match and our form in cups has been strong. We will make the playoffs and we have every chance to go up.

Adge

And only a list from this season (the bottom tier) and the final of last,

Hobo

I didn't. I was convinced we would win.

Totally agree Otis, I knew we were capable of winning every game we were drawn in that cup run, even going to Old Trafford. Getting off one of the local transport buses some United fans said "Let's see how good Coventry are this time?" (Refering to us winning 0-1 Terry Gibson). I said to them, "Yes, you will see how good we are." How sweet a day was that.

SkyblueBazza

what has Keith's diving header got to do with the thread,it hasn't, it is just a pic from back in the days when ccfc were a decent club,a top flight team on a extraordinary cup run which no one was getting in our way..
In fairness you did ask "when did we ever score from a cross"...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ceetee

Sorry did I miss it? What was the score again?
The score isn't always a reflection of the game as I am sure you appreciate. We have won games when our general play didn't deserve it.
0-0 would have been a fair result yesterday

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Luton away 10k
Lincoln away 10k
Stoke 15k
Mk Dons 9k away fans.
Luton at home 9k
Mansfield away
Wycombe away

Whereas I’d counter this with a club issue

Premier League
Aston Villa

Championship
Bristol City
Forest
Doncaster

When we got relegated

Christ even when Coleman had us right up there we lost to Cardiff and drew to Plymouth

Even the cup final ended with an own goal.

As a club I don’t thInk were set up for big must win games in recent times. The only one I can think of would be spurs in 97

RegTheDonk

With Swindon & Mansfield also slipping recently it looks to me like 74 points will be enough for a play off place, which ought to be achievable, and from then its a lottery. .....
Agreed, keep the focus and we should make the play offs.

Otis pointed out quite rightly that there's a couple of teams who can overtake us Tuesday, despite having a very poor run themselves. Look at the doom and gloom a we months ago when we were about 6/7points outside the play offs. We put together a good run and got us thinking about autos. Thats out the window thanks to our blip, but if we cut out the schoolboy errors, can't see why we won't make top 7.

Users who are viewing this thread