Deportivo La Coruña (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

Anyone else still follow Deportivo La Coruña after we signed Hadji? I still follow them as well as the Sky Blues and Barnsley (new addition).

We are 1-0 up after 70 minutes against El Ejido. Squeaky bum time!

lord_garrincha

'Still'?

I could have had 10 attempts at guessing which club he joined us from and would not have been close... Not sure why, as I remember Chippo coming from Porto... and no, I don't follow them.

Covstu

Anyone else still follow Deportivo La Coruña after we signed Hadji? I still follow them as well as the Sky Blues and Barnsley (new addition).

We are 1-0 up after 70 minutes against El Ejido. Squeaky bum time!
This never entered my head when he signed for us! Don’t you support United when we signed Dublin?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

My second team is Mallorca, go and watch them every season.

The Spanish leagues can be fun to watch, but it is so much different from here. All the La Liga Smartbank (Championship equivalent) are streamed on YouTube for free. Good lockdown boredom buster.

mrtrench

The Spanish leagues can be fun to watch, but it is so much different from here. All the La Liga Smartbank (Championship equivalent) are streamed on YouTube for free. Good lockdown boredom buster.

I went to see Sao Paulo once when I was working there. Interesting but the game didn't have the same feel as here. Lots of passion from the crowd though.

Never went to see Legia when I was working in Warsaw... on account of wanting to live for more than another 3 hours.

Alkhen

Who did we sign Kevin Malaga from?

No never followed a foreign team in any serious way.

Do have a soft spot for a few teams through:
St Paul in Germany for their progressive views
Fiorentina in Italy because I brought a scarf on a school ttip
Granada in Spain as my mum moved an hour away
St. Ettienne can't remember why. Might have been a good season on Football Manager

I've in the Cotswolds now so go see FGR occasionally. I love the food.

mrtrench

We won. I can sleep easy thus evening in the knowledge that tens of Cov fans know that Deportivo won this evening. Play up you... What colour do they play in again?

Happy_Martian

We won. I can sleep easy thus evening in the knowledge that tens of Cov fans know that Deportivo won this evening. Play up you... What colour do they play in again?

Blue and white stripes :)

Never forget my first Depo game. Away at Aston Villa in the UEFA Cup back in the early 90s. Sat with the Spanish, Leeds, Forest, Birmingham and assorted other fans. Amazing atmosphere considering the variety of teams supported. Depo won. And somehow the Spanish contingent had got their wine bags through the turnstiles so during the game, they were passing them around to everyone in the away end. Great fun had by all.

And as this thread has morphed into which other teams do we support ?

Germany - Borussia Dortmund before they got good. Spent 10 mins of halftime at Blackburn vs Coventry (the 5-2 win) talking to a Sky reporter who hosted their German Football show discussing the German League.
Scotland - East Stirlingshire. I was the treasurer for the Coventry Branch of the East Stirling Fan Club while it existed :D Clubs now in non-league :(
Scotland - Hearts.

Last edited:

Happy_Martian

What league are Deportivo in these days?

After many years in the top flight, they've followed Coventry's steps and are currently in the 3rd tier of La Liga. We are sure they will bounce back like the Sky Blues.

skyblueusername

I used to go and watch RCD Mallorca when i lived there in the 90's, they were a very decent side in those days, seen some cracking players turn out for them, Ibagaza, Stankovic, Roa, Eto'o and the Son Moix stadium is quite a nice stadium to watch a game in.

mrtrench

I keep thinking I'm going to watch Winchester FC and Hampshire cricket. Never seem to get around to it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I used to go and watch RCD Mallorca when i lived there in the 90's, they were a very decent side in those days, seen some cracking players turn out for them, Ibagaza, Stankovic, Roa, Eto'o and the Son Moix stadium is quite a nice stadium to watch a game in.

Ibagaza was decent! Have been going for about 10 years. Seen them play everyone from Espanyol to Real Jaén!

Where were you living there and what were you doing?

ccfctommy

What league are Deportivo in these days?

They are in the Segunda B, which is basically the third level. It's regionalised and split into four groups. About 80 odd teams in total. Their big derby game is against Celta Vigo. Well last week they lost a league fixture to Celta B.

ccfctommy

I've watched Tenerife a few times. It's a good laugh. Funny how crowds etc are different to those over here.

mrtrench

They are in the Segunda B, which is basically the third level. It's regionalised and split into four groups. About 80 odd teams in total. Their big derby game is against Celta Vigo. Well last week they lost a league fixture to Celta B.

Don't fucking gloat.

wingy

Blue and white stripes :)

Never forget my first Depo game. Away at Aston Villa in the UEFA Cup back in the early 90s. Sat with the Spanish, Leeds, Forest, Birmingham and assorted other fans. Amazing atmosphere considering the variety of teams supported. Depo won. And somehow the Spanish contingent had got their wine bags through the turnstiles so during the game, they were passing them around to everyone in the away end. Great fun had by all.

And as this thread has morphed into which other teams do we support ?

Germany - Borussia Dortmund before they got good. Spent 10 mins of halftime at Blackburn vs Coventry (the 5-2 win) talking to a Sky reporter who hosted their German Football show discussing the German League.
Scotland - East Stirlingshire. I was the treasurer for the Coventry Branch of the East Stirling Fan Club while it existed :D Clubs now in non-league :(
Scotland - Hearts.
Mmmmm?
Volunteer chairmen Secretary,treasurer
I couldn't possibly impute anything but treasurer was the club role I didn't get nominated for huhemmm .
Thankfully.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Segunda B is mental. The standard is like non league though.

Getting out if it is almost impossible.

cc84cov

Came across Chippo’s Instagram other day he’s hardly recognisable now with short hair

Great days back then,Arsenal Boxing Day 👏🏻

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Trakia Plovdiv anyone?

Managed to find 'trak' down their stadium in a state of being rebuilt sadly in 2017 and it had been left unfinished. Hard to find, had to get ask in a local chemist who phoned her uncle to confirm where it was.

Been to all our European adventure hosts stadiums. Oh yes been outside the threads opening clubs stadium, Deportivo too.

Users who are viewing this thread