Match Thread Derby Match Thread (3 Viewers)

Legia Sky Blue

Quite simply one of the worst away experiences in all my years following the club.

We were right up on Row V, next to the Derby fans behind the goal. Fine until a load of drunk kids (17/18) sat around us both. Kid next to me was standing in front of me goading the Derby fans, spreading his arms wide and hitting me on the head. Told him to stop it or move. He wouldn't . A load of his mates joined in having a go. He moved once the game kicked off, but there were loads of them standing in the gangway next to our seat. A kid sat in the seat next to me, so drunk he had his head in his hands. He was then sick all over the seats in front of him. We moved just in time as he was then sick all over our seats. Their stewards allowed us to sit in their seats. Once we scored they bascially swarmed all over the gangway. There were a couple of ladies in front of us and one bloke kept putting his hands on the shoulders of one of them and was rubbing her back. She obviously looked really uncomfortable. The steward was going to chuck him out but he moved before they got chance.'t

At half time they moved us down by the corner flag along with another bloke with his two kids who seemed pretty traumatized by the whole experience.

I must have been really lucky in the past by avoiding sitting near these idiots. I was genuinely shocked. They had little interest in the game and were just threatening Derby fans. Bet they would have run a mile if a Derby fan was anyway near them. When I was that age I went to the game, shouted and sang and that was it. We didn't ruin the experience for other fans.

I felt sorry for the stewards who had to deal with these twats. Hopefully, I'll never be near them again.

Really sorry to hear this. My daughter went to her first ever away game this season with her boyfriend at Peterborough and loved it. She then went to Reading but unfortunately had a similar experience to yours. Before that she had been planning to go to a few other away games, but that experience has completely put her off going away now.

Terry Gibson's perm

I have taken my seven year old to away games at Blackburn and Peterborough and he loved it and we got decent results, I wasn’t very popular at home though with the new songs he learnt😉

Last edited:

mark82

Lol so bias. No point continuing this

I thought you were using Quest to argue your point earlier, who didn't think that one was a penalty. I actually thought it was at the time but watching back don't think he actually made contact (more by luck than judgement).

torchomatic

Really sorry to hear this. My daughter went to her first ever away game this season with her boyfriend at Peterborough and loved it. She then went to Reading but unfortunately had a similar experience to yours. Before that she had been planning to go to a few other away games, but that experience has completely put her off going away now.

We have been going to away games together for a decade and this is the first time my lad (he's 15) felt intimidated and uncomfortable. Only had one previous bad experience at FGR when we were next to two late teens (1 boy, 1 girl) throwing racist abuse around at the players.

When we went to Reading we were fine. Just luck of the draw and our luck ran out on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread