Derby points deduction (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

Ashley wants them but will not pay the £7m fees the Administrators are charging.

no_loyalty

If I was a Derby fan I would be spitting feathers at the Administrators. What on earth possessed them to give Kirchner such an extended period of exclusivity?

To drag it out as long as possible so they get paid more.

lordy_87

Oh yes they did lol
giphy.gif

slowpoke

Where does this leave Derby ? season kicks off in around six weeks there must be an EFL cut off point.

Kingokings204

If I was a Derby fan I would be spitting feathers at the Administrators. What on earth possessed them to give Kirchner such an extended period of exclusivity?

the administrators are over paid I get the sentiment but it’s not really their fault.

Kirchner showed proof of funds and put down a sizeable non refundable deposit. He 100% has the funds to do the deal. For reasons only he knows right now why he got cold feet and pulled out. That’s exactly what’s happened.

the administrators couldn’t do no more. Regardless of their pay.

KenilworthSkyBlue

the administrators are over paid I get the sentiment but it’s not really their fault.

Kirchner showed proof of funds and put down a sizeable non refundable deposit. He 100% has the funds to do the deal. For reasons only he knows right now why he got cold feet and pulled out. That’s exactly what’s happened.

They've dragged this out massively for their own commercial benefit and opted for the least credible bidder out of the interested parties.

How is it not their fault?

Kingokings204

They've dragged this out massively for their own commercial benefit and opted for the least credible bidder out of the interested parties.

How is it not their fault?

Kirchner showed the administrators proof of funds which he has undoubtedly got and paid a large deposit to be the preferred bidder. The administrators have done their job. Under paid or over paid they have done what they are paid to do.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Kirchner showed the administrators proof of funds which he has undoubtedly got and paid a large deposit to be the preferred bidder. The administrators have done their job. Under paid or over paid they have done what they are paid to do.

Well they didn't as they've yet again failed to find a buyer.

Terry Gibson's perm

Even if they get taken over in the next three or four weeks their time to bring players in is running out and they are going to start the season fairly slowly and points behind.

better days

Interesting
But the cynical side of me says that maybe the non refundable deposit was an attraction for the Administrators
But it's a mess, as almost all bankruptcies are

KenilworthSkyBlue

yes but that’s not the administrators fault. Kirchner got cold feet and pulled out the deal. It was all but done. Only Kirchner knows why he has pulled out.

So if he showed proof of funds and those funds were there, then why did he miss the deadline then?

Rather than bizarrely defend Kirchner fingers should be pointed at Quantuma and questions asked how on earth he seemingly bypassed the proof of funds check when there were either no funds in the first place or he didn't have access to them - i.e. they weren't his or they were pledged for something else. His company managed to raise $76m in funded so perhaps he used that as a 'get-in' despite it not being for the purpose of purchasing Derby, paid the non-refundable deposit as a show of good faith, and hoped he'd find the actual money required to purchase the club within the months that followed.

They clearly should've done far more due diligence. I mean his own company is behind on paying staff, owes $800k in sponsorship money which is seemingly late and has only generated $4.7m in revenue so far this year.

Equally, in his failed 'bid' for Preston sources close to the club claimed they were concerned about where his money was coming from as he was unable to proof of funding or even produce his own business plan during talks. Slight red flag don't you think?

Danceswithhorses

..and just to complicate matters further, Mike Ashley takes Derby's administrators to court, according to the Telegraph (National)

Users who are viewing this thread