Dhgate kits (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

Wouldn't normally ask but need some advice on how those 'replica' kits sites work?

Work colleague has just turned 70, she is a massive West ham fan and I wanted to get her a shirt with her childhood hero Bobby Moore on the back. Looked and it's stupidly expensive on the West Ham store and nothing in the sales in her size unfortunately.

So had a look and these Chinese sites look so affordable but how the feck do they work is there an online store? Just seemed to loads of different sellers like eBay or something. Also the pictures didn't have badges and logos is that just a dodge to get round the authorities?

Bit tight of me but could do with not forking out £70+ tbh.... especially as she seriously won't care the origin/ authenticity of the shirt.

Any guidance of trustworthy links would be much appreciated

Last edited:

Il Pirata

Order from the app. Look for sellers with good feedback, especially those buyers from your country.

They use China Post and it ships to Royal Mail.

Bear in mind that there is always a chance your money disappears to nowhere, as these are copies from China, so entirely your gamble.

Yes the logos/sponsors are just missing for copyright reasons, the version you get sent will be a replica of an authentic jersey.

I've never bought football shirts from there before as I only want City shirts and to support the club, but have bought a couple of NBA jerseys (I buy authentic too but they are also £70 each), and the quality is close to originals and delivery usually about 2 weeks.

Alkhen

Order from the app. Look for sellers with good feedback, especially those buyers from your country.

They use China Post and it ships to Royal Mail.

Bear in mind that there is always a chance your money disappears to nowhere, as these are copies from China, so entirely your gamble.

Yes the logos/sponsors are just missing for copyright reasons, the version you get sent will be a replica of an authentic jersey.

I've never bought football shirts from there before as I only want City shirts and to support the club, but have bought a couple of NBA jerseys (I buy authentic too but they are also £70 each), and the quality is close to originals and delivery usually about 2 weeks.
Nice one thanks. I'll have a search around on the App. Only thing that freaks me out is the personalization part as expected the just have a stock of the current big players.

Also don't/won't buy fakes normally. I did buy an England shirt on eBay a while back which I assumed was second hand but just turned out to be a fake, was excellent quality, only tell was the code on the tag brought up a Brazil shirt in google.

Was in Greece last week and the place was wall to wall shops selling various quality fakes. Mostly Prem and Saudi league stuff. Wish I'd got her one there to be honest.

Il Pirata

Nice one thanks. I'll have a search around on the App. Only thing that freaks me out is the personalization part as expected the just have a stock of the current big players.

Also don't/won't buy fakes normally. I did buy an England shirt on eBay a while back which I assumed was second hand but just turned out to be a fake, was excellent quality, only tell was the code on the tag brought up a Brazil shirt in google.

Was in Greece last week and the place was wall to wall shops selling various quality fakes. Mostly Prem and Saudi league stuff. Wish I'd got her one there to be honest.
What's happening is that people are buying these DHgate kits or from elsewhere in China and then putting them on ebay and Vinted for £25 or so to make a profit. You can tell the difference with a bit if practice but those sites do need to get to grips with it.

In terms of personalisation you don't have to select exactly from the options they give you, usually you can add a custom name of your choice from the selection or message them when buying.

hamertime

I’ve bought some kits for my kids from coolkits4u and they have been good. It’s a bit weird though because you have to pay by bank transfer, but the kits always come.

Alkhen

They even do a fake Cov one on there, not sure about that but the England kits were bang on.
Saw a few fake Cov shirts at Wembley, you can tell from the cut and neck. Odd that they bother with us to be honest, can't be that much of a market

hamertime

Saw a few fake Cov shirts at Wembley, you can tell from the cut and neck. Odd that they bother with us to be honest, can't be that much of a market
Must be a market for them I suppose. I got the England training ones for the kids with the names on the back for messing around in.

Alkhen

Must be a market for them I suppose. I got the England training ones for the kids with the names on the back for messing around in.
Make sense kids grow out of a ruin clothes so quickly, sod paying full whack for kits, especially from big teams or the FA, they don't need our money.

Still buy the Cov kit from the club as I can and want to put money into the club, usually just one for my lad and possibly some in the end of season sale.

hamertime

Make sense kids grow out of a ruin clothes so quickly, sod paying full whack for kits, especially from big teams or the FA, they don't need our money.

Still buy the Cov kit from the club as I can and want to put money into the club, usually just one for my lad and possibly some in the end of season sale.
Exactly the same mate.

no_loyalty

My brother-in-law buys his Cov shirts from a Chinese site every season as he refuses to pay the full price from the club, costing him £12.50 this season.

rob9872

Got a mate buys about 6 Liverpool on there every year. The only thing to do is go up a couple of sizes so eg small here you want large. Quality ok but authenticity quite noticeable when next to a legitimate one. For your friend will be ok but seen a few dodgy ones at the CBS last season

Alkhen

Update,

One West Ham with personalized print turned up ~3 weeks after I ordered which is pretty impressive.

The quality is totally fine, the person im giving it to wont tell or care, has all the badges and logos including the europa league ones which was a nice touch. was about £13 all in which beats the £100+ id have ad to pay!

impressed enough to order a couple of kits for my lad, a Bellingham Real Madrid one and a Sakamoto Japan one

even grabbed myself a retro Nintendo era Fiorentina one for 5-a-side

Ccfcisparks

Update,

One West Ham with personalized print turned up ~3 weeks after I ordered which is pretty impressive.

The quality is totally fine, the person im giving it to wont tell or care, has all the badges and logos including the europa league ones which was a nice touch. was about £13 all in which beats the £100+ id have ad to pay!

impressed enough to order a couple of kits for my lad, a Bellingham Real Madrid one and a Sakamoto Japan one

even grabbed myself a retro Nintendo era Fiorentina one for 5-a-side
Reckon you can link me the Sakamoto japan one mate?

Alkhen

Reckon you can link me the Sakamoto japan one mate?
No specific link you just choose the add a personalized name option, then you add what want printed in the comments part.

Just look for whoever has the highest rating and some decent feedback.

I had doubts that it would work but the west ham one came well printed and spelled correctly. Don't think there is even an added cost to unique prints which is pretty mental.

Users who are viewing this thread