Di Canio subs his keeper after 20 minutes! (2 Viewers)

The CableGuy

Swindon were 2-0 down at Preston when Di Canio subbed the keeper (who was at fault for the 1st goal, but who otherwise has been in great form according to Swindon fans).

After the game (which Swindon lost 4-0), Canio said:
“He is one of the worst players I have ever seen. There was no reason why I could not change him for a substitute.

“He was the worst player against Stoke in midweek but we won that game 4-3.

“Any player can make a mistake but it was his arrogance and ignorance that was the worst I have seen from a professional.

“Not as a person but as an athlete. If he does not say sorry to the fans, he will be out of my team. I don’t mind, these are my rules.

“Maybe he behaved like this because the window has closed. But an emergency loan is possible and I’m ready to bring in a goalkeeper.”

Would love to see Di Canio at the City just to kick some arse.

Grendel

and destroy the dressing room.

I'd rather have thorn back than him. Still carry on like that and they'll soon lose matches.

Otis

Yep. Telling a player he is the worst he has ever seen is hardly going to fill the lad with confidence is it.

Bet the squad is wondering who's going to be next in the firing line.

AlexJohnson93

When he said he's the worst ever he means professionalism wise. The Keeper is incredibly arrogant and Di Canio feels this isn't warranted because he was the only manager that would take a chance on him. That and it's "League 1 not the Campions League"

kg82

Either way, he goes around it the wrong way. Twice now he's had it out with a player in public, which it shouldn't be. Add to that, if you make a mistake as a keeper you have to get that mistake out your head instantly or that's it for the game. If the way that keeper does that is to act arrogant then so be it. To get substituted after 20 minutes for "tactical reasons" (*cough* bullshit) is going to knock his confidence too. I'd rather a keeper to be completely pissed at that decision than trudge off with his head down. All in all, my sympathy is with the keeper and Di Canio was wrong.

wingy

Memories of Gould and Raddy Avramovich come to mind .This kind of thing can go either way,I'm not against it ,what better motivation for the rest of the team ,the fear of being hung out to dry in public ,certainly did'nt harm them last season when he had the same situation with Leon Clark.The buck stops with the manager ,he makes the calls ,how many managers have been undone by so called pro's including seniors letting them down ,a debate we've had on here in the last couple of weeks .:eek:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Anyone hear his press conference afterwards regarding fans? I haven't heard it myself but he apparently said along the lines of 'if you don't agree with my ways, I'll personally refund your season ticket money and you can go and support Oxford'

He certainly knows how to make enemies. Think he's trying to upset the board so he gets sacked and we don't have to pay any compo :whistle:

Otis

If he gets the job here maybe the crowds will increase with all the local BNP supporters starting to go up.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The keeper was only 21 as well, I made this point on another thread but if that was a manager at Cov he would be accused of bullying the younger players. Remember the uproar after Bigi red card? Or when he was subbed after 45 mins at Ipswich

Also Di Canio is refusing to play the keeper until the player apologises

@richh87

I'd rather all Di Canio's drama than the way our club is run. People like Baker, Bell and McSheffrey take the piss with lack of effort.

I like the message Di Canio sends out, 'I'm a winner, I'm going to the top. If you want to come with me then give it 100%; if not then piss off!'.

Would love him to be our Manager.

Otis

I'd rather all Di Canio's drama than the way our club is run. People like Baker, Bell and McSheffrey take the piss with lack of effort.

I like the message Di Canio sends out, 'I'm a winner, I'm going to the top. If you want to come with me then give it 100%; if not then piss off!'.

Would love him to be our Manager.

'I like the message Di Canio sends out, 'I'm a winner, I'm going to the top.'

You sure that's not 'I'm a fascist, I'm going to the top?'

Grendel

'I like the message Di Canio sends out, 'I'm a winner, I'm going to the top.'

You sure that's not 'I'm a fascist, I'm going to the top?'

Yes he's a serial nutcase.

As previously stated I'd prefer thorn at least he's harmless. If Di Canio came here I'd stop going.

Otis

A fascist but also a nutter, so if he came here he would probably put all the women called June in a concentration camp.

Grendel

Would love him to be our Manager

Any more words of wisdom?

Users who are viewing this thread