Diabolical city .. Ccfc is dead: Thats me finished (1 Viewer)

Bill Glazier

Interesting and thoughtful stuff. I'm one of the stay-aways too - partly because I live some way off, partly because my son has moved away and I don't want to go alone, but mostly because I too have fallen out of love with football a bit, and with sisu's ccfc in particular.

I've always thought that uniting the ground with the club was the answer to getting ccfc on a firmer financial footing, but it's clear that sisu are entirely parasitic and coldly ruthless, and will let the club die now they've got what they've always wanted, the half share in the arena and its development potential. Well, let them have the arena - the whole ugly damned thing for all I care. I don't know what they'll do with it when there's no longer a football team - probably pull it down and build a housing estate - whatever'll make most money.

Because I've a feeling liquidation might be the best thing to happen. A new club can emerge, the Sphinx for all I know, or some rump of the old club, that the people of Coventry - the 9th biggest city in England remember - can own themselves and feel genuine pride in. Maybe it could stadium share with the rugby club or, another ground in the city somewhere could be bought and expanded as the team grows.

I will feel a particular sadness as my family have supported ccfc literally back to the Singer days, when my great-grandfather played in their first ever team but, unless it can be owned locally, or at least by people who care about the team, why should we care?.

I'll be there on Wednesday. It'll be my first, maybe only, game this season and I'll enjoy not giving sisu a penny. We'll be soundly thrashed by the Arsenal third team but I won't care because it'll be a great big party with the only people who have ever really cared about ccfc - the fans. It could well be the last big game the club ever plays, so let's enjoy it.

torchomatic

No, I won't. I shouldn't have done that. I will just avoid the "woe is me" posts.

no one is askin you to give up....but don't slate the one's that do..ok.

wingy

Interesting and thoughtful stuff. I'm one of the stay-aways too - partly because I live some way off, partly because my son has moved away and I don't want to go alone, but mostly because I too have fallen out of love with football a bit, and with sisu's ccfc in particular.

I've always thought that uniting the ground with the club was the answer to getting ccfc on a firmer financial footing, but it's clear that sisu are entirely parasitic and coldly ruthless, and will let the club die now they've got what they've always wanted, the half share in the arena and its development potential. Well, let them have the arena - the whole ugly damned thing for all I care. I don't know what they'll do with it when there's no longer a football team - probably pull it down and build a housing estate - whatever'll make most money.

Because I've a feeling liquidation might be the best thing to happen. A new club can emerge, the Sphinx for all I know, or some rump of the old club, that the people of Coventry - the 9th biggest city in England remember - can own themselves and feel genuine pride in. Maybe it could stadium share with the rugby club or, another ground in the city somewhere could be bought and expanded as the team grows.

I will feel a particular sadness as my family have supported ccfc literally back to the Singer days, when my great-grandfather played in their first ever team but, unless it can be owned locally, or at least by people who care about the team, why should we care?.

I'll be there on Wednesday. It'll be my first, maybe only, game this season and I'll enjoy not giving sisu a penny. We'll be soundly thrashed by the Arsenal third team but I won't care because it'll be a great big party with the only people who have ever really cared about ccfc - the fans. It could well be the last big game the club ever plays, so let's enjoy it.

Not strictly true GGT as CCFC recieve a share of the gate reciepts ,do believe i swa the figure of 200K. quoted .:)

skyblue shrew

Come to Shrewsbury its only 70 miles up the road and like a keep saying its a club run by directors with shropshire post codes who who attend every match, are more interested in the football than the stadium, will spend money but will also refrain from spending it unwisley. I am sorry that you are thinking that Coventry is rotten to the core but if you dig deep enough you will find that its SISSU and not your club that is at fault. I was CCFC and remember happier times. Shrewsbury Versus the cov was unthinkable 10 years ago now i am affraid that it is a harsh reality. I do hope that Robbins can turn things around and see you at Wembley for the Play Offs in May

Brighton Sky Blue

Although I feel for the generation coming through since 2002, and especially those over the last few years, I have to disagree.

I, like everyone else am disappointed, frustrated and deflated by what's going on and has been for as long as I can remember, but the truth is, I love football and I love Coventry City Football Club. All those moments of heart ache, agony, disappointment, "oh FFS" all that, it just makes the glimpses of success, the one offs and signs of hope all the more sweeter. That's not to say I wouldn't welcome success of any kind, I would.

I love supporting this club and wouldn't have it any other way. I enjoy talking about it, having banter about it, moaning about it, reading about it, conspiring about it, fantasising about it, getting nostalgic about.

That is why, not matter how low we sink, no matter how bad "the product" is, I'll be there, annoying my wife by spending too much money and time on it.

Quite literally City 'Till I Die.

Hard to disagree with you there WS-I'm still as proud a Coventrian as I ever was, but my enthusiasm for football's not what it was and there's not just the City being crap behind that. I hate what modern football has become (and I'm not alone in that view), which is basically down to the money men and Murdoch. Watching my team struggle so much last season hurt and this season is just humiliating-but I will still try and make it to Hartlepool from Scotland in November!

davebart

As said previously this post is just summing up what an awful lot of Cov fans have either done or thinking of doing. abandoning the club.

My own opinion is that ALL fans should have refused to put up with what we have put up with. That would have forced SISU to engage with the club. Instead they have got away with allowing the club to dwindle to a slow death.

However - just possibly against all the odds - Mark Robins might bring about a resurrection that SISU do not deserve. Give him a bit of time please.

If you were a real Sky Blue then you would stick by your team through thick an dthin. I know we havent made the best of starts but there are clubs in worse situations than us. What about Portsmouth? They're potless. They lost ALL of there players and they're in Administration, on the verge of liquidation. Do you hear them complaining? No. They're doing something about it and getting on with it. All we're doing is moaning. We needto get behind our boys. We need to encourage them, not boo them. They're trying their best. I for 1 will never leave my club in the crap. I love my team and i dont know about you guys, but i'm gonna do something about it. I'll support them until the day 1 die and any True Sky Blue would do the same. So lets stop moaning and get behind OUR Sky Blues! :claping hands:

davebart

So a True Sky Blue is someone who wastes his time to watch absolute sh*t week after week while paying for the priviledge and never considering that there might be more to life than that?

How I wish the club and players deserved that devotion.

1nilandwe...

The so-called 'die-hards' need to realise that not everybody who enjoys football in Coventry and would like to see CCFC do well, attends matches etc. is as loyal and commited as they are.

Why should somebody with an interest, but not an unbridled, live-or-die passion, carry on following Coventry after they've moved or if their circumstances change for whatever reason? And contrary to spouting about how much more dedicated they are about the club and how the 'fair-weather fans' are somehow inferior, they should be doing everything possible to try and woo 'fair-weather' fans back to the club.

In order to win an election, politicians don't bother harping on about how great the party members are, they aim for the people who could go either way. Take skyblue shrew's case. It appears that despite a strong fondness for CCFC, the club have grown increasingly distant from his/her life. Shrewsbury have presented a far happier, more pleasant alternative to Coventry and he/she has switched allegiances. (Skyblue shrew, please correct if any of this is categorically wrong, I have only read a few posts of this thread. Although I'd suggest that the person in my scenario exists in several places up and down the country, and my point therefore still stands.)

We need to win back the swing voters who have disappeared from the Ricoh. I just have no idea how to do it aside from winning football matches.

ccfcway

If you were a real Sky Blue then you would stick by your team through thick an dthin. I know we havent made the best of starts but there are clubs in worse situations than us. What about Portsmouth? They're potless. They lost ALL of there players and they're in Administration, on the verge of liquidation. Do you hear them complaining? No. They're doing something about it and getting on with it. All we're doing is moaning. We needto get behind our boys. We need to encourage them, not boo them. They're trying their best. I for 1 will never leave my club in the crap. I love my team and i dont know about you guys, but i'm gonna do something about it. I'll support them until the day 1 die and any True Sky Blue would do the same. So lets stop moaning and get behind OUR Sky Blues! :claping hands:

theres a 97 page thread on them complaining !

Brighton Sky Blue

If you spoke to any Portsmouth fans or listened to anything their manager says, they have been anything but humble about their self inflicted financial hellhole.

WillieStanley

Hard to disagree with you there WS-I'm still as proud a Coventrian as I ever was, but my enthusiasm for football's not what it was and there's not just the City being crap behind that. I hate what modern football has become (and I'm not alone in that view), which is basically down to the money men and Murdoch. Watching my team struggle so much last season hurt and this season is just humiliating-but I will still try and make it to Hartlepool from Scotland in November!

Yup, it's hard not to disillusioned with Football at the moment.

The thing is, there's just something about apporaching the ground (yes, the Ricoh), seeing that massive badge on the side, picking up the local paper and reading about players that no-one outside of the CCFC community know about, hearing an off-chance mention on SSN or Midlands Today, remembering what it was like when everyone knew Coventry, spending your free time (and not so free time) on an on-line forum that makes me go all mental... quietly mental, though... good mental... happy mental.

My love of CCFC comes second only to my love of music, but only by a thin margin.

Good on you, BSB for sticking with us when you've been anything but local of late, and especially for your funny parodies!!

The Reverend Skyblue

Don't anyone dare give up on us yet, the good times i promise will come back ,and one day we will be sat back in the Prem.
I love Cov far too much, and to give up on them in their darkest hour ,to me is unthinkable.

We are all a bit down,especially after the last 3 games and its definately the lowest point in my 43 years as a proud skyblue, but it won't get any worse, as i feel we have a decent manager at last who will shake up this motley crew once and for all.

Keep with it and just keep taking the anti-depressants, and one day we will back in with the big boys

Praise the lord

The Rev

I understand that we are paying a lot of money to watch poor football but theres potential there and i for one will go to that stadium EVERY Home game and support my team. I dunno about you guys but I love this City and i love this Team and i dont care if im the only guy in the home stand, i will sing ym heart out and support my team

whiteheadj

This is the kind of fan we could do without.....i support my team through thick and thin and travel to every home game from holyhead north wales! A true fan would support there team no matter what!! I hate fans like this and would rather have a support of 5000 dedicated fans that 20000 fickle fans like this!! All im saying what a knob-head!! :jerkit:

Users who are viewing this thread