Did anyone watch the euro 96 documentary on last night (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I thought it was really good, great soundtrack and brought back some great memories (the destruction of Holland, gazzas goal v Scotland, Pearce and seaman in the shootout v Spain, then southgates pen)
Terry venables looked well
I reckon Baddiel and skinner could still do a fantasy football show
I can't get over the fact it was 20 years ago

covmark

Yeah I watched it Daz, great viewing and bought back so many memories of my youth. Remember beating the Dutch, and our whole street was out singing Football's coming home.

If only Gazza was half an inch taller eh.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Daz

It was a slight hesitation on him behalf I think he said he thought the goal may get a touch
Anderton hitting the post too
It was the first major tournament where i could go out drinking
Great atmosphere in the pubs

covmark

Yep, he said he thought the keeper was going to touch it. We were damn unlucky.
I was 16 and just remember me and my mates having a great time, I feel that we probably won't see another major tournament in this country in my lifetime. Which is a shame.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

vow

I thought it was really good, great soundtrack and brought back some great memories (the destruction of Holland, gazzas goal v Scotland, Pearce and seaman in the shootout v Spain, then southgates pen)
Terry venables looked well
I reckon Baddiel and skinner could still do a fantasy football show
I can't get over the fact it was 20 years ago

I saw it too, great to watch.
The memory of Pearce scoring his pen against Spain will never leave me, his face and body, he exorcised his demons that day!
Would love a new Fantasy footy show, kinda heartbroken when it stopped, I wonder what Statto is upto now?;)

Sky_Blue_Daz

I saw it too, great to watch.
The memory of Pearce scoring his pen against Spain will never leave me, his face and body, he exorcised his demons that day!
Would love a new Fantasy footy show, kinda heartbroken when it stopped, I wonder what Statto is upto now?;)
I think he went bankrupt but I may be wrong

Covstu

It is probably the tournAment that I really remember, great team spirit, great games, great weather, the country was buzzing

Marty

It's the first major tournament I remember. It was a great program, brought back some great memories.

steve82

What channel was this on? Hopefully It's avaliable on demand. Just back from Cornwall and telling my son about euro 96.
What a Summer. Gazza was my hero, and he so nearly stole it against the Germans! Baddiel and skinner, fantasy football. We still believe....... Good times.

steve82

Thanks all, downloading it. Great memories, would love to go back in a time machine to live it all again

Users who are viewing this thread