Differences of opinion (1 Viewer)

Ccfc1979

There are obviously people with different opinions ob events, but surely there are facts to look at regardless of SISU opinion, Thorn opinion or opinion on current squad.
1. Fans are not turning up.
2. Board, backed by SISU, are not funding signings and cannot say they won't make further sales.
3. Young players having to play, not chosen to play, and making up bench.

Now I know this is stating the bleeding obvious but they are facts without opinion. These three facts mean that the apathy, ability to win games and ability to attract investment are nil. I am a huge Cov fan, through thick and thin, but now I just want something to give. Even if it is as drastic as admin, minus ten points and even worse. Since we lost to Sheff Utd in quarter finals of FA Cup we have drifted slowly, slowly to an absolute washed out shadow of a club. In EVERY dept; board, fans, squad, performance, match day experience, ticket office, press. It needs one huge hit somewhere to wake it up again.

Ccfc1979

True...but I cannot believe anyone will buy the club to improve the team as much as it needs. The Ricoh is what they would want, and it seems to be the most complicated and unpurchasable business/building ever!

shmmeee

Well as we're talking facts, number 2 isn't a fact, whether true or not, the board have said there is money available to sign players.
We also don't have enough evidence for number 1, as we've only had one game. You could also argue about point 3 as Christie has his place ahead of the likes of McPake and Wood. You could make a case that Gael is playing out of necessity though.

Not disagreeing with your sentiment, just pointing out that most of these are opinion, or conjecture, not facts.

Ccfc1979

Fans are not turning up, we have not bought a player for money or an outfield player despite losing plenty, our squad is not legally playable without young players that have less than ten games experience. Fact.

SkyblueSavage

the board have said there is money available to sign players.

Actually... I'm sure I heard Clouting say that when he said there would be money available and that Thorn would havwe the same budget etc a few months back, that the situation changes every week... so while that was relevent then, it may not be now... and he certainly hinted at it not being relevent at the time of making this point. So, really, I'm not so sure as to whether we have much, if any at all available. KD, PC and LB are the masters of back tracking.

He did make this point before it was announced that SISU were gracious enough to fund us for another season. The fact is... there are no facts at this stage other than what we know of the squad, whats been mortgaged and what's been sold. Everything is spin... even the sales of season tickets and shirts. Apparently we've sold more than our last season in the prem, but I know of a lot of people who haven't renewed and no one who has bought their first ST in a while. I realise that this may be because it's just a snap shot of my current circle of friends and aquantencies but it does strike me as odd.

Users who are viewing this thread