DION DUBLIN: I get so angry when I talk about Coventry - it is a very badly run club (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Now there is a man who deserves the title Legend. Easily the most influential player I've ever seen at the club. Deserved more recognition at international level as well. Imagine if him and Owen had been given time to build an understanding!

Sterling Archer

Now there is a man who deserves the title Legend. Easily the most influential player I've ever seen at the club. Deserved more recognition at international level as well. Imagine if him and Owen had been given time to build an understanding!
It was absolutely criminal that Hoddle took Ferdinand over Dublin to WC1998.

Who's the fella who went off to Scotland?

John Hartson, I think Real is the feller who thinks Hartson is the greatest ever Coventry player ever greatest ever ever. Or something.

Nonleagueherewecome

I am going to say this in advance of someone calling him for his transfer to Villa. His transfer was engineered by Bryan Richardson almost as soon as he signed his new contract. Richardson tried to hawk him to Blackburn, Dion said if I have to go it will be to a club I choose, enter John Gregory and Aston Villa.

I'd never call him out for that per se, but refusing to play for the club on match day when you are it's captain is an utter disgrace.

He's to be applauded for his stance here, though: he may not know the in's and out's of the situation, but he doesn't need to know that to raise our profile and remind the world of where this great club was not so long ago.

Covstu

similar ish to Suarez, doesnt want to play to engineer a move to another club. The move to villa wasnt the sore part it was the refusal to play although if he moved to Liverpool or someone it wouldnt be half as bad and i think most opinions would be alot more positive.

The guy was class for us, a real leader and a talisman on the pitch. We will never have another player like him again methinks!

LastGarrison

I don't understand your point here.

I think you probably know what I was on about but it was his refusal to play for the club that left the sour taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

Not because he wanted to move to a bigger club (Keane), not because it was Villa (Hadji) but because he refused to play for the club.

Ok you got me not my last post on the subject. :facepalm:

Real

It was absolutely criminal that Hoddle took Ferdinand over Dublin to WC1998.

I agree. I remember the friendly England played just before the World Cup and it was supposedly a trial run for squad players to cement their place. There was a penalty shoot out afterward and Ferdinand missed his, and strolled away with a huge smile on his boat, I knew then he was going and Dion wasn't, and he obviously did too. I thought Dion had a chance of going purely because he could have offered cover at the back as well as being a good striker.

John Hartson, I think Real is the feller who thinks Hartson is the greatest ever Coventry player ever greatest ever ever. Or something.

I liked Hartson, I liked what he brought to a previously struggling team. But I've never said he was the greatest player we've ever had. Given a choice of Hartson or Dublin both in their prime, I'd take Hartson every day of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread