Sky Blue Kid

May 3, 2012
@ fernandopartridge.....A small snippet from one of my earlier posts..........Quote Ranson..."We took Jordan on loan when he was on something like £800 a week and we had an option to buy him and I wanted to buy him, as I did Jack Cork, who we also had an option to buy from Chelsea but, again, they(SISU) wouldn't do it."

Sky Blue Kid

May 3, 2012
fernandopartridge..."It is irrelevant whether he would have signed a deal. His club wouldn't. Hence why they'd signed him on a long term contract the season before.".....................................................Is that...A la, Bell who SISU gave a loooonnnnggggg contract to in hope of selling at a massive profit, but failed, where as Sunderland DID make a mahoosive profit???

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
@ fernandopartridge.....A small snippet from one of my earlier posts..........Quote Ranson..."We took Jordan on loan when he was on something like £800 a week and we had an option to buy him and I wanted to buy him, as I did Jack Cork, who we also had an option to buy from Chelsea but, again, they(SISU) wouldn't do it."

I wouldn't believe that bullshitting c-unit.

"We're the only debt free club in the division"

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/6212-An-interview-with-Ray-Ranson!

Last edited by a moderator:

Moff

Apr 2, 2011
Deepest Warwickshire
@ Moff....He signed his Sunderland contract on July 1st 2008, and joined CCFC on loan in January 2009....Hardly "Just signed for Sunderland" That's a good 7 months after. Henderson joined Liverpool on 9th June 2011 Over 2 years after CCFC. According to fans who spoke to him regularly, he would have stayed at CCFC at that time.

Yeah fair enough. The way the article read was that he had just signed the contract, so that why i thought it wsa more recent.

Sky Blue Kid

May 3, 2012
@ Moff....No problem mate ;) It all boils down to what you see, and what you believe to be true. I happen to beleive what Ranson was quoted as saying...After all there has never been a denial from either SISU or Sunderland. Seeing as SISU are always quick to say "We've spent multi-Millions on CCFC" They are remarkably "Quiet" on this one eh? :)

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
@ Moff....He signed his Sunderland contract on July 1st 2008, and joined CCFC on loan in January 2009....Hardly "Just signed for Sunderland" That's a good 7 months after. Henderson joined Liverpool on 9th June 2011 Over 2 years after CCFC. According to fans who spoke to him regularly, he would have stayed at CCFC at that time.

He got injured in march and was sent back. We're these fans talking in an interview on a live stream beamed to your house?

Sky Blue Kid

May 3, 2012
@ Grenduffy....I'll..say..this..slowly..just..for..you...I'm..quoting..Ranson.."We took Jordan on loan when he was on something like £800 a week and we had an option to buy him and I wanted to buy him, as I did Jack Cork, who we also had an option to buy from Chelsea but, again, they(SISU) wouldn't do it."...............I don't care when he was injured, I'm talking PRIOR to it. Is there any other research that you can't find/be arsed to look for? or are you just a lazy bugger?

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011
@ stupot07.....All of those loan players, with the exception of Van Anholt(At that time), were available to buy, but SISU turned their back on them.

That's Ranson's version of events, cork went back and straight out on loan to PL Burnley, and as mentioned early Henderson went straight into PL sunderlands first team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

Sky Blue Kid

May 3, 2012
@ Grenduffy...I may live in South Wales, but I still have family, and friends who live in Coventry. Some of whom spoke to Jordan, and followed his career(Some friends were Mackems) Although I never spoke to him, I beleive friends that did. Not "Beamed directly to my home in a live stream", but then, not "Estimated Facts" either!

Sky Blue Kid

May 3, 2012
stupot07...Henderson went straight into PL sunderlands first team..................................................................................Henderson returned to Sunderland in April 2008...... In the 2009–10 season, Henderson broke into the Sunderland first team and made several Premier League appearances. He scored his first senior goal for the club against Birmingham City in the League Cup third round.[9] He then went on to score his first Premier League goal against Manchester City on 19 December 2009.[1..............................I wouldn't say that he....."went straight into PL sunderlands first team"....Would you?

Sky Blue Kid

May 3, 2012
stupot07...Henderson went straight into PL sunderlands first team..................................................................................Henderson returned to Sunderland in April 2008...... In the 2009–10 season, Henderson broke into the Sunderland first team and made several Premier League appearances. He scored his first senior goal for the club against Birmingham City in the League Cup third round.[9] He then went on to score his first Premier League goal against Manchester City on 19 December 2009.[1..............................I wouldn't say that he....."went straight into PL sunderlands first team"....Would you?

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick

stupot07

Mar 20, 2011

Brilliant, well done for relying on Wikipedia!
In 2009/10 season made the following appearances for Sunderland:
PL 23 starts 10 sub appearances
FA Cup 2 starts
League Cup 3 starts

So he started 60% of Sunderland's Pl games, and including subs featured in 87% of their PL games. I'd say that's a bit more then of a contribution than 'made several PL appearances' wouldn't you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

RPHunt

Mar 21, 2013
So which fans do have the morals of a sewer rat?

I do not believe that all those who go to Sixfields have the morals of sewer rats. There is a small minority who have said, explicitly or implicitly, that they care nothing for the Higgs charity or Coventry ratepayers and are quite happy for them to lose out if that enables SISU to make a profit and bring the club back to Coventry.

As I said, thankfully most fans do not share that view. If they did, I would certainly turn my back on the club as I would not wish to associate with a group so entirely wrapped up in their own desires that they can totally ignore the wants and needs of others.

At the moment, I am still proud to belong to a majority who are increasingly showing themselves to have ethics and uncorrupted morals that are so lacking from the owners and their supporters.

letsallsingtogether

Jun 30, 2012
coventry
But I thought it was only the Hillers that were rats and name calling idiots who do not care about the club. That must be why I am one of them....:D

I do not believe that all those who go to Sixfields have the morals of sewer rats. There is a small minority who have said, explicitly or implicitly, that they care nothing for the Higgs charity or Coventry ratepayers and are quite happy for them to lose out if that enables SISU to make a profit and bring the club back to Coventry.

As I said, thankfully most fans do not share that view. If they did, I would certainly turn my back on the club as I would not wish to associate with a group so entirely wrapped up in their own desires that they can totally ignore the wants and needs of others.

At the moment, I am still proud to belong to a majority who are increasingly showing themselves to have ethics and uncorrupted morals that are so lacking from the owners and their supporters.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
NLHWC....It's not the fact that SISU signed Dann, Fox, and Westwood. It's the fact they SOLD Dann and Fox very shortly after buying them. They also Disrespected Westwood into "Seeing out" his contract at the City. You rightly said Ranson had the "Speculate to accumulate" policy. Such a pity SISU let themselves down by not following it through.

Ranson said the club had no choice but to sell Dann;

Scott Dann went to Birmingham for five times what he was getting here. Would we have liked to keep hold of them? For sure, and if we had been in the play-offs at the end of last season it could have been a different ball game and they might have said they will give us another year here

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
@ Moff....No problem mate ;) It all boils down to what you see, and what you believe to be true. I happen to beleive what Ranson was quoted as saying...After all there has never been a denial from either SISU or Sunderland. Seeing as SISU are always quick to say "We've spent multi-Millions on CCFC" They are remarkably "Quiet" on this one eh? :)

If you believe what Ranson said you'll believe this then won't you;

"But we have effectively replaced those players (Fox and Dann) with Chris Hussey and Richard Wood, who will go on to be as good, if not better.”

Or this;

“Chris signed a three and a half year contract and he will be given that period of time and then we will review it at the end of his contract, or before if necessary.
“We knew what a tough job it was going to be, which is why we went for a young manager who had time on his side, and he fitted the profile of the football club and he ticks all the boxes for us.
"And when we get everyone fit and invest in January, and tweak it again in the summer, Chris should have his squad of players, and hopefully one that is capable of competing at the top end of the Championship next season." He sacked him

How about this? According to "Honest Ray" the Ricoh was a over-priced crock of shit;

The question about buying back 50 per cent of the Ricoh Arena crops up time and time again, but with an estimated £10 million price tag for a stadium that makes roughly £1 million a year, the figures clearly don’t stack up at the moment.

Hussey was really in demand;
“We have built up a fairly good reputation over the last couple of years of buying players at the right age and for the right money, but the minute other clubs are alerted, as they were with Chris Hussey, they come out of the woodwork.
“So clubs that had been looking at him, like Derby and Reading, all of a sudden go knocking on Wimbledon’s door and offer more money than we actually agreed with them. Thankfully they honoured our agreement but we have to be very careful and that’s why I try to do as much business as I can out of the public arena.

Of course he was Ray, next you'll be saying we are debt free, or we are signing Henderson and Andy Carroll, or Chris Hussey is better than Danny Fox................

Sky Blue Harry H

Feb 9, 2011
warwick
Actually if they did gain control of the Ricoh by distressing ACL and the charity and then embarked on a colossal spending spree which found the club back in the premiership everyone would back them. Success defines the barometer of morality.

You might be right Grendel, but the trouble is, the 'and then embarked on a colossal spending spree..' requires most of us to suspend our beliefs about SISU's motives, and take a great leap of faith. Can't see fans going for it, but it's a funny old world!

Sky Blue Kid

May 3, 2012
@ Grenduffy....Don't you think for one second that Ranson was "Fronting" whilst still chairman? When he felt he had no other choice but to resign perhaps some truth was then spoken? Hoffman has been quoted that Ranson and himself were voted down on the sales of Dann and Fox with the "Veto Vote" of Igwe. Hence the offer of resignation, not once, but twice by Ranson. Neither he nor Hoffman may be talking 100% truth, but YOU "Hang on every word spouted by Septic and Fisher" and I would never trust them(SISU) in any way, shape, or form. EVER!!!

Users who are viewing this thread