Divisive new kit...? (1 Viewer)

Moston

I fear that the new kit may prove very devisive amongst Cov fans.

At away matches the Cov support is immense - especially when you condsider the mix of NOPM KCIC alongside those who do go to Sixfields. It's simply not an issue.

Currently the only time the 'them & us' issue is SEEN is when one group walk out of Sixfields and the other group see them from the hill.

Those who wear the new kit will be clearly advertising the fact that they are not in favour of the NOPM campaign by the very act of having bought it! It's not too much of a quantum leap to 'think' therefore they are more likely to be attending home games.

FF to away games ... will the new kit in the stands act as a catalyst for a few chosen words? I hope the tensions of Sixfields v Hillites/NOPM etc is not dragged into our currently unspoilt away support.

It's ruddy annoying as I'm one of the few that really like the look of the new kit - but it will be the first I will not be buying since 1978!!!

Nick

Administrator
If we were still at the Ricoh then nobody would have an issue with how the new kit looked I don't think. It is just something to dislike.

If people from the hill want to shout at people because they chose to do buy a shirt then it is their own problem. If people want to get all high and mighty and start shouting at people because they have bought a shirt then they need to have a word with themselves.

I think it is only a tiny % of the hill population who would actually shout stuff though before they are tarred with the same brush.

RoboCCFC90

I will be buying one of the new home shirts, I do not go to Northampton, I have my own reasons for buying it, should anyone feel agrieved about it I will it explain it to them happily.

italiahorse

I will be buying one of the new home shirts, I do not go to Northampton, I have my own reasons for buying it, should anyone feel agrieved about it I will it explain it to them happily.

I have a full set from god knows when. I will buy one when we move back (Subject to availability)

hill83

The people on the hill is a tiny percentage of fans. A hell of a lot less than the small percentage who go to Sixfields. And an even smaller percentage are stupid enough to abuse eachother. So we are down to about 7 people who would care if someone bought the new shirt in real life and 25 or so people on here/Facebook.

Not an issue.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
how many of NOPM - would go to Wembley for a play off final

Without turning it into a NOPM argument I think most have said they would because it would be an exception. The same as if it was a big away day at Man Utd or Chelsea..

I actually don't mind the kit, it isn't being released until December though is it? I wonder with which sponsor?

CJ_covblaze

Sports kits are probably the only item of clothing that people will buy no matter what it looks like. In the past I haven't given two shinny s**ts about the look. I just buy them anyway. I won't be buying this one for other reasons but fair cop to those that do. Robbo is someone that I know feels very strongly about the move and won't go but people will still wrongly vilify him for buying it.

Ironically the academy are getting it in the next few weeks whereas some of the teams didn't get last seasons' until after Christmas.

torchomatic

I'll get one for Xmas for my seven year old. He's a City fan and wants the new shirt.

CJ_covblaze

how many of NOPM - would go to Wembley for a play off final

I would go. It's on a neutral ground where we should be playing in that situation.

RoboCCFC90

Sports kits are probably the only item of clothing that people will buy no matter what it looks like. In the past I haven't given two shinny s**ts about the look. I just buy them anyway. I won't be buying this one for other reasons but fair cop to those that do. Robbo is someone that I know feels very strongly about the move and won't go but people will still wrongly vilify him for buying it.

Ironically the academy are getting it in the next few weeks whereas some of the teams didn't get last seasons' until after Christmas.

Agreed CJ.

Maybe I will but I don't care to be honest, as the same with you I have a high number of classics home shirts many in frames now so I don't wear them for the sake of keep sakes. I understand why you won't buy one mate and that in my opinion is a respectful choice.

Good choice of shirt on Tuesday by the way. Can I suggest the 93/94 home shirt for Wolves?

kg82

I won't be getting one. I'm off travelling and doing a masters after, so I need every penny I can spare. I'm quite relieved, I really do not like the new kit! But if I wasn't doing those things I'd still buy it.

AndreasB

My son wants the new Goalkeeper shirt. He is 9 years old. Not sure he understands "divisive" yet. As had already been said, the Hill people are so few and dont arrive until I am well inside the ground therefore not a problem...unless you are suggesting I am making it a problem?

italiahorse

My son wants the new Goalkeeper shirt. He is 9 years old. Not sure he understands "divisive" yet. As had already been said, the Hill people are so few and dont arrive until I am well inside the ground therefore not a problem...unless you are suggesting I am making it a problem?

It's not a problem. Don't become a victim.
The majority of us on the hill are attempting to show SISU/FL etc that there is a fan base out there but we want to be in Coventry and disagree with the effects to the club of building a new stadium.
Don't agree that you should attend during this period as it makes our position less effective, but shout the lads on for us and understand our reasoning's.

ajsccfc

Nobody should be ashamed of not supporting the NOPM campaign, it became a messy farce very quickly.

skybluelee

I still wear and rotate mine every week as I'm still trying to play twice weekly.

I do the same on my daily cycling commute. Today's shirt of choice was the 87 anniversary shirt. Tomorrow the 125 year brown one. Monday, would have been the 13/14 home one. Oh well.

Nick

Administrator
I do the same on my daily cycling commute. Today's shirt of choice was the 87 anniversary shirt. Tomorrow the 125 year brown one. Monday, would have been the 13/14 home one. Oh well.

It wouldn't have been though would it, as it wouldn't have been released?

mrbluesky87

I wont be purchasing one for me or my 3 lads and for one family that is a lot of revenue given that they kids will normally have 2 kits through the course of the season. I cant stand it personally and my boys are losing interest fast, they now have new Barcelona and Real Madrid kits and a England kit. Its hard enough for me as it is fighting the CCFC cause over Messi and Ronaldo but I have given in now and why shouldnt I. This is what the club stands to lose.

torchomatic

I wont be purchasing one for me or my 3 lads and for one family that is a lot of revenue given that they kids will normally have 2 kits through the course of the season. I cant stand it personally and my boys are losing interest fast, they now have new Barcelona and Real Madrid kits and a England kit. Its hard enough for me as it is fighting the CCFC cause over Messi and Ronaldo but I have given in now and why shouldnt I. This is what the club stands to lose.

Early days I know but my lad still loves the City and isn't interested in any other teams. I'll certainly be getting him a new shirt.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2 now Free

covcity4life

why shouldnt you give in?

why are you ona sky blue forum? i mean seriously.

lil whiner, go buy some more glory supporting kits for them, bring them up right.

Covstu

I didnt get last seasons as it looked vertually the same as the year previous but if i like this one i will buy it simply. I am certainly not going to be worried about anyone else's opinion on what i wear! Going back to the original thread question, yes there will probably be idiots in the crowd that will try and cause a ruck with someone wearing the new top and our situation will sink to new depths..

mrbluesky87

why shouldnt you give in?

why are you ona sky blue forum? i mean seriously.

lil whiner, go buy some more glory supporting kits for them, bring them up right.

Piss off. But you are right, why am I on here, not much to discuss anymore apart from the same old shit and you questioning everyones loyalty towards CCFC.

mds

How do you tell a gang of impressional kids that NOPM is a political issue and they should be venting their anger at SISU and not the kid at school with the latest kit or who admits to going to Sixfields. There was a woman complaining on the radio about her son getting bullied at school because his picture was in the paper at Sixfields. She said he is now too scared to go, thats the future support of the club being scared away by bullies because he dares to go to Sixfields, how many will get that kind of abuse for wearing the new shirt?

Nopm, support it or not that is your right, but its a sorry state of affairs when kids are getting bullied for showing support for their favourite football club, how many will turn the offer of the new kit down for fear of getting bullied.

scroobiustom

Irrelevant of the issue, as a design the kit looks shocking IMO. Can we not just go back to a Sky Blue kit, why do we need the stripes!

Gaz71

I'm looking at buying a shirt for my son, we haven't been to any games at Sixfields due to my personal
feelings, the shirt is to keep him interested in supporting our team until we get back to coventry

Users who are viewing this thread