Do CCFC hold the biggest recorded away attendance in England? (2 Viewers)

skybluelee

I think we took 13,000 to Stoke in 87 then the 17,000 to the QF, i can remember Tony Gubba saying on the highlights for the QF that more fans have traveled today than we normally got at home that season. I was there for both as well as the Wimbledon one, great days out.

Officially it was 8K at Stoke and 15K at the QF wasn't it?

I think our following at the QF match exceeded the entire attendance at the City v Sheff Wed league match played a couple of weeks earlier.

SkyblueBazza

Officially it was 8K at Stoke and 15K at the QF wasn't it?

I think our following at the QF match exceeded the entire attendance at the City v Sheff Wed league match played a couple of weeks earlier.
Which is the saddest thing about it really. If only we weren't so fickle a mass

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Samo

Yep looking back at it, an incident could have happened that. I was in the middle pen directly behind the goal, when Cyril scored we all went mad, didn't see my mates again till part the way through the 2nd half and they were only 30ft away.

What an atmosphere though, such happy memories

We couldn't even get through the tunnels onto the terrace and they were bringing people back the other way who were crushed/distressed. It was disgracefully over sold and dangerous. It could easily have been us.

Users who are viewing this thread