Do we have the best fans or the worst in football? (1 Viewer)

blunted

I am always pleased when opposing fans say how our away and home support are the best in the Championship. I have friends who attend every match and are pragmatic.
Then we have the online reaction on all media channels from City fans when we lose. I loved the poster on here who described a fan as a toddler who demanded instant gratification. We have despicable fans who describe JDS as a dwarf and others who demand MR is sacked after every setback.
I am a football fan so I always fear the worst, and you cannot support everything our management do, but to say they pick the wrong team after every loss is just plain daft. Callum has one mediocre half and he is not trying because he is leaving.
I cannot think of one player that has escaped the vitriol online. JDS, Simms, Eccles and Wilson are permanently lambasted by people who to use an old expression are not fit to lace their boots. Constructive criticism is needed not blind hatred.

bigfatronssba

I am always pleased when opposing fans say how our away and home support are the best in the Championship. I have friends who attend every match and are pragmatic.
Then we have the online reaction on all media channels from City fans when we lose. I loved the poster on here who described a fan as a toddler who demanded instant gratification. We have despicable fans who describe JDS as a dwarf and others who demand MR is sacked after every setback.
I am a football fan so I always fear the worst, and you cannot support everything our management do, but to say they pick the wrong team after every loss is just plain daft. Callum has one mediocre half and he is not trying because he is leaving.
I cannot think of one player that has escaped the vitriol online. JDS, Simms, Eccles and Wilson are permanently lambasted by people who to use an old expression are not fit to lace their boots. Constructive criticism is needed not blind hatred.

Ignore what you read online

"Twitter isn't real life" - David Cameron. Like him or loathe him, he was spot on with that.

People say things online that they would never dare in real life

Evo1883

This season our home and away support is significantly worse than the last few years vocally , there is sadly a bit of entitlement now within the fanbase that simply wasnt there before , the seige mentality has gone .

Fans at West brom last night would have seen how incredibly frustrating our support is this season , unbelievably sub par when the team isn't on it compared to recent years

Added ro the fact we've a side of wankers on social media that take great joy in destroying the players every week .

They also argue with every fanbase in the league

Besides that , best in the league

bigfatronssba

This season our home and away support is significantly worse than the last few years vocally , there is sadly a bit of entitlement now within the fanbase that simply wasnt there before , the seige mentality has gone .

Fans at West brom last night would have seen how incredibly frustrating our support is this season , unbelievably sub par when the team isn't on it compared to recent years

Added ro the fact we've a side of wankers on social media that take great joy in destroying the players every week .

We cant improve without getting a somewhat sense of entitlement. That is just how it is.

Being a top end Championship team that also still thinks its hard done to would look even more strange.

Our victim years are over

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

This season our home and away support is significantly worse than the last few years vocally , there is sadly a bit of entitlement now within the fanbase that simply wanst there before , the beige mentality has gone .

Fans at West brom last night would have seen how incredibly frustrating our support is this season , unbelievably sub par when the team isn't on it co.pated to recent years

The entitlement comes from expectation. We’re no longer the plucky underdog - we’re a team competing with the best, acting like the best (see Doug Kings stances on tickets etc - we seem to be thinking with a prem attitude from the club downwards

Flying Fokker

It’s been pretty bad in past years. Surely this year is as good as last? It’s seems that way to me.

Flying Fokker

No it's been worse this year, Miles worse than last year
Don’t take this as a dig, but it’s not been like that where I’m sat or for the away games I’ve been to. The shit stuff seems to happen on social media.

Evo1883

Don’t take this as a dig, but it’s not been like that where I’m sat or for the away games I’ve been to. The shit stuff seems to happen on social media.
Norwich fans also commented we were much worse at their place this season , but it's all individual opinion

bigfatronssba

pusbccfc

Atmosphere is well down. Odd good moments but generally a huge decline.

A few years back it would have been rocking even at 2-0 down last night.

Instead, they were booed off. It's like going back to 2011.

pusbccfc

It’s been pretty bad in past years. Surely this year is as good as last? It’s seems that way to me.

Last year was better. Year before that even more so.

The year post-covid, our fans were the best in the country. It was non-stop, home and away. We could be 2-0 down and it would still be noisy. Nothing will top that Bristol City game. We were 1-0 down with 10 men and it was rocking from the first moment of the second half.

We used to score late on and the fans being behind the players encouraging them helped. Yesterday the team looked petrified because the fans were turning on them.

Evo1883

The year post-covid, our fans were the best in the country. It was non-stop, home and away. We could be 2-0 down and it would still be noisy. Nothing will top that Bristol City game. We were 1-0 down with 10 men and it was rocking from the first moment of the second half.

We used to score late on and the fans being behind the players encouraging them helped. Yesterday the team looked petrified because the fans were turning on them.
They were definitely turning in the stands last night

bigfatronssba

The players can't keep relying on us to do it for them.

They need to be men

Travs

Our fans aren't much different to most others.

But thats hardly a high bar to judge against.

The issue is we tell everyone that we're the "best fans in the league" then boo the team off after first home defeat for months.

Its easy to be the "best in the league " when you're on a massive upwards curve like we've been on for the past few years.

AOM

Don't think we're any more reactionary than any other fans in the country really. Just go on any other teams social media after they lose and it will be the same thing.
You'd probably see the same abroad as well

Flying Fokker

Yep, same at Preston.

I would say it's all the 'new' fans but it's not. The away end is full of people who went on League 2. You'd think they would know better.

It’s yer dyed in the wool Sky Blue fans. Well possibly, maybe?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Our fans are exactly the same as every other football fans. Stop the persistent self loathing
Agree. Generally no better not worse . However, I do think we are more a " half empty" bunch then most , not surprising given our overall lack of success apart the JH days, 1987 and recent success under Robins .
Where other clubs can maintain support during hard times I sometimes think we are prone to walk away .

If we don't make the play offs this season will we sell as many season tickets next time round ?

shmmeee

Atmosphere is well down. Odd good moments but generally a huge decline.

A few years back it would have been rocking even at 2-0 down last night.

Instead, they were booed off. It's like going back to 2011.

Booed off away?? That surprises me.

skybluericoh

Most football fans are fickle. Look at the arsenal fans a couple of seasons back. Not only moaning on social media, they were on every phone in. Once you are not at whatever your perceived high is it can feel as a failure.
start of the season I thought following a rebuild and what can happen to teams missing out on the playoffs 12th would be realistic and I’d be happy with that. I hoped for the playoffs but still think we are doing ok.
I expect there will be a drop in ST sales next season, I’ll be renewing mine but know a couple of people saying they won’t due to the number of games that are moving to non weekend. The cup run is actually making that worse, but for me I think the cup run as a success.

Skyblue Bangkok

Again, I couldn't give a toss how our fans are interpreted or perceived on social media or in real life - as in all honestly there are not many other fanbases I have much time for either
Agree I have no interest in what fans of others clubs think of us on social media/ real life, space , galaxy, universe etc.

covcity4life

Ignore what you read online

"Twitter isn't real life" - David Cameron. Like him or loathe him, he was spot on with that.

People say things online that they would never dare in real life
This is true for the most part. Don't think I've heard any one at the ground lay into da Silva or Simms. Yes once in a while show bit of frustration but not continuous vitriol.

Think OP said it right. Blind hatred for certain players is just dumb.

Skyblue Bangkok

I try
This is true for the most part. Don't think I've heard any one at the ground lay into da Silva or Simms. Yes once in a while show bit of frustration but not continuous vitriol.

Think OP said it right. Blind hatred for certain players is just dumb.
I avoid most social media anyway apart from this site.

Users who are viewing this thread