Do you think Exeter are worried? (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

Exeter will have looked at the game last night and will already be planning. I think they would have preferred one dimensional County but I doubt they will be seriously worried in getting us. Their recent form is pretty good and they play decent football.
I said before the playoffs all 4 sides were fairly even and that none should fear any other.
Last night was a great performance and will have given Robbins and the team no end of confidence. We delivered good football and the result when it mattered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vow

Nope, I don't think they will be overly worried as they have a v decent team.

letsallsingtogether

Worried? Nah, you played really well last night but I also watched your home leg when you were playing in front of more home fans, didn’t really impress and were fortunate to get away with a draw (in my opinion). Both sides are capable of playing some great stuff, but both can also look very average (remember what we were like at your place in the league??) so it will be an interesting game to see who copes with the pressure.

We like being underdogs and seem to play well when we’ve got more fans against us than with us, like we will at Wembley where I guess you’ll have close to double the number of fans that we’ll have. You seem to be the opposite and bottle it when playing in front of large home crowds.

So no, not worried, more like excited and looking forward to seeing what happens. I think we’ll win because I’m biased, but if we lose I’ll be delighted for you as I lived in and around Coventry for 22 years of my life (age 4 to 26).

Bring it.
Yes but this is an away match and our wembley record is pretty good :)

tisza

Home game they created little against us. weren't they top of the table then?.
Away game sloppy mistake gave them the win. We had the bulk of the chances.
It's 2 evenly matched sides and it's who turns up on the day.

Gibbo

The biggest risk is that even tho they may deny it inside they think it is much easier than Notts County. With no advantage from the 1st leg, we had to get at them, no choice.

But I know bugger all, I thought it would be close and we might even get thumped. Maybe if it had been 2-2 .......

Cranfield Sky Blue

If I was Exeter's manager I would be delighted to have seen the Coventry performance last night.
I would be pointing out that they have rarely followed up a great performance all season and have struggled to find any consistency.
Exeter should be favorites and rightly so over the season. Their dismantling of Lincoln was very impressive.
If I was Robins I would challenging the team to reverse the trend and overcome the last challenge In front of them as a group.
Promotion means we will need to strengthen the squad and enable us to hold on to some of our better players. Some will not make the jump but we should be forever grateful if they can get us over the line.

Strangely, on Sky Bet we are favourites at 7/5. Exeter 2/1? I would agree with you but as they say you never see a poor bookmaker!

Astute

Strangely, on Sky Bet we are favourites at 7/5. Exeter 2/1? I would agree with you but as they say you never see a poor bookmaker!
The reason is that you get 3 different results. So no profit odds would be 2/1 2/1 2/1. Most backers go for a win to either side. A draw gives them a win. And the odds are liquid. They move to make sure they win whatever the result. So more money is going on us. But it doesn't mean that we are that much better than them.

Cranfield Sky Blue

The reason is that you get 3 different results. So no profit odds would be 2/1 2/1 2/1. Most backers go for a win to either side. A draw gives them a win. And the odds are liquid. They move to make sure they win whatever the result. So more money is going on us. But it doesn't mean that we are that much better than them.

So wait till the day before and lump on Exeter when their eleventy million to one!

Astute

So wait till the day before and lump on Exeter when their eleventy million to one!
I never take very short odds. I always look for the big odds from two evenly matched sides.

Do you ever go into one of our games knowing we will win whatever the odds are?

Warwickhunt

Why should they be worried the have had a good season that carried over from last season and have a good footballing side and I bet they are glad to be playing a like minded team that likes to keep it on the deck. I watched their game against Lincoln and they struggled against the physical demands
I know they won but it took a couple of exceptional goals that went in on the day from 30 yards+​

Exeter fan in peace.

As a rule, we never worry about the opposition - we worry about which Exeter side will turn up. It's either the useless pass it sideways five times then hoof it upfield or the West Country Barcelona. There's no in between.

If anything, we will be feeling buoyed by our performance in the 3-1 win over Lincoln that got us here. When you have two central midfielders scoring absolute screamers in a big match you can't help but feel confident.

If both sides turn up and try to play a decent passing game, we could be in for a cracking match. Enjoy your day out and have fun in the beer garden of The Green Man - spiritual second home of ECFC :)

Astute

Exeter fan in peace.

As a rule, we never worry about the opposition - we worry about which Exeter side will turn up. It's either the useless pass it sideways five times then hoof it upfield or the West Country Barcelona. There's no in between.

If anything, we will be feeling buoyed by our performance in the 3-1 win over Lincoln that got us here. When you have two central midfielders scoring absolute screamers in a big match you can't help but feel confident.

If both sides turn up and try to play a decent passing game, we could be in for a cracking match. Enjoy your day out and have fun in the beer garden of The Green Man - spiritual second home of ECFC :)
We are something similar. On our day we are good enough to beat Barcelona. But on a bad day we could get hammered by a pub side.

Look at our April results. The first game was a 2-6 home defeat to Yeovil. They did the double over us. The last game in April was a 1-6 away win.

I just hope both teams turn up......or at least we do :smuggrin:

Londonccfcfan

Yes, fair point. There should be that much more space for the likes of Bayliss to exploit.

Wembley pitch is one the widest pitches. Generally helps when you have quick wingers. Which we dont atm.

I think a narrow pitch suits us more with 4 central midfielders as skill rather than wing trickery/ pace get you by.

Think Reid may have a big role to play. If only we had jones pace on the wing too!

I think they will play 5 in midfield, spread wide to stretch us.

ccfcme

Home game they created little against us. weren't they top of the table then?.
Away game sloppy mistake gave them the win. We had the bulk of the chances.
It's 2 evenly matched sides and it's who turns up on the day.
Cant help but feel confident when looking at this

Attachments

• E333F62A-FDEA-461B-8858-45FE1A7FA1AD.png
    E333F62A-FDEA-461B-8858-45FE1A7FA1AD.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread