Do you think the Championship will be weaker next season (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Birmingham- Manager and 3.4 players will be gone
West Ham- Massive first team changes
Blackpool- Vaughn, Adam, Taylor Fletcher could all leave.
Then the teams who have failed for the play offs you could argue that Dave Jones and Billy Davies have had 3 cracks of the whip and not succeded so could be sacked.
Sven could walk from Leicester if a prem club came in for him

Lord_Nampil

I think it will be very similar to this season! We play the way we did in the last 10 games we can do anything!

Last edited:

SkyBlueScottie

No it will be as tough as ever to get out of. Even if Brum Blackpool etc lose players they will still be able to entice others to their club and will more than likely use the parachute payments to pay over the odds for championship players.

ccfcway

the year we came down was always our best chance...

next season will be similar to the past 10 seasons...

we aint in the top 10 favourites, and there are several teams that may "struggle"

we could easily be in either bracket, but going on history, its more likely to be in the latter..

Covstu

i think it will be more difficult next season, you look at the teams that went up this season QPR, Norwich and Reading/Swansea. They are hardly massive clubs, west ham and Brum on the other hand will be favourites to go straight up never mind cardiff, forest, leeds and dare i say it Leicester.

The Reverend Skyblue

I feel with West Ham likely to appoint Sam Allaydyce or another big name,and the spending they will do in the summer,then they must be favorites to go up automatically,leaving one more definate which i feel could go to anyone.
We don't know how many Blackpool will lose but are likely to lose Adam and others, while Birmingham have money troubles so are unlikely to spend big time.I think the two promoted automatically in div 1 will do well especially Southampton as they do have a decent squad and will have good support and like Norwich may do well enough to be in the top 6 minimum.
Notts Forest , Ipswich,Cardiff if they dont sell there decent players, and i have a sneaky feeling Middlesborough will do very well also, but I am skyblue so for the next two months i will be thinking that we will beat them all,(just like i do every pre-season), but I do have confidence that Thorny will at least get us into the playoff mix.
So yes I do think it will be tougher next season,but we will have a new team by then and should go well

The Rev

Lord_Nampil

I think our main problem this season was not having a back up key players! Once we had a massive injury list we struggled and Boothroyd rightly lost his job! Thorn came in and picked us up and got us playing away which maybe will be sucessful at this leavel. All the clubs u mentioned above play simular football, QPR, Reading, Swansea etc so we are, in my eyes, in the best position we have been in for a number of years. For once we actually have a way of playing football which will win you football matches home and away!

Blues and West Ham will have big rebuilding projects and that may take longer than one season! Blackpool loosing Adam will hurt them quite abit so i can see them being solid midtable! The rest for me is not far off a level playing field, yes Incester have the money, but looking at norwich and Blackpool over recent years money isn't every thing! A team spirit and 11 players wanting to play for the club to there best of there ability is what we want! And in the last 10 games i actually saw that!

rob9872

3.4 players to leave Birmingham?

I'd heard a rumour it was to be 3.14 players but that turned out to be pi in the sky!

rob9872

Thanks mate :)

ccfc luke

No i think it will harder than last year. Brum, west ham, leeds, forest, swansea/reading, leicester all will be very strong aswell as others such as hull, middlesborough etc.

I think were in for a tough season next year

skyblueinBaku

The increased parachute payments will help the relegated Premiership teams a lot. Southampton are a good side and will do very well in the Championship. In short, I think that next season will be tougher than last season; we will get to see just how good a side we have, and how good a manager AT is. Here's hoping...........

Tankie

Hi Rob,
Despite just getting in from the greyhound, your Pi =3.14 jibe has not gone unnoticed , well done at such a late hour, but don't expect a blanket response.
As for the question "is it going to be a weaker Championship this coming Season" ABSOLUTELY NOT.. West Ham are still a massive club, compared to us, and so are Brum. leicester, forest, Leeds, Derby, Southamton, and Iv'e probably missed a few others.
Our supporters have found a new Champion in Andy Thorn, and there's a lot of expectation on his shoulders, but Don't expect miracles, he has still got to operate on a limited budget, the style of football may be more to our liking, but anything above half way must be a realistic Forecast.

Tankie "Planet Bedworth"

rob9872

:D

Agree btw, will be tough

BurbageSkyBlues

In some ways, the fact that there will be a lot of good teams in the championship, means they may all take pints off each other, which leads to a closer league......

.....as long as we do not live in fear of some of the above mentioned teams, and we don't lose to them, we could be looking at an exciting season.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think it will be every bit as tough as this year. There will be a lot of teams that are very similar in strength and like this season will take points off each other.

Of the teams coming down Birmingham are returning 4 on loan players and have 10 out of contract, Blackpool will lose probably Adam Vaughan and Campbell but will probably retain the rest are financially stable and provide funds to replace, West ham have massive debts and will lose most of their star players simply to stay afloat probably relying on young players to compete.

Some teams will have major backers..... Birmingham, Leicester, Forest etc so will be strong. The teams coming up will be competitive at least and would expect Southampton to be the best of the three. There will be the teams that competed in this seasons playoffs plus those like Leeds that just missed out. I would also expect Middlesborough and Portsmouth to make a push.

Overall a tough season and much will depend on us getting firstly a good start and secondly consistently picking up points over the season.

Disorganised1

Several clubs like Cardiff, Leicester, and Birmingham will lose quality loan players, and may not do so well without them.

I think Blues are favourites for promotion, they have the recent experience, West Ham are in never-never land, and Blackpool will experience a big drop in crowds. Southampton have a couple of good youngsters, but the big boys are sniffing round those, Forest I think over-achieved this season and will blow up next, Leeds may lose some players too.

I think it will be just as tough next year.

PUSB

Clough

Cardiff will do S**T. They were going into administration earlier this season but got off the hook. They were banking in on getting promoted to pay off their debts. They already started not signing big earners contracts like Bothroyd. Birmingham will do crap under Mcleish in championship - plays such a boring style of play. West Ham only nearly stayed up because of Scott Parker and he will leave. They will miss out on top six like Burnley did this year. Ipswich might do good under Paul Jewel. Middelsbrough will do good under Tony Mowbray. Nearly Half of Leic****t team was loans. Such as Yakubu, Kamará, Aiyegbeni, van Aanholt, Ben Mee. 5 out of 11. Derby will be heading for trouble if they dont't splash the cash. Their top scorer (if you take away Chris Commens who left in January) scored 5 goals.

TommyAtkins

About 12-14 teams can challenge; we are not one of them. A very competitive division and gradually, we are getting further and further away from being challengers. Our record since 2001 proves that we are a bottom third of the table side.

Clouting was right - this club is not a sustainable business

Users who are viewing this thread