Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Do you want to discuss boring politics? (16 Viewers)

Anyway way been to see Graham Brady, with a return scheduled,to what end?
 
The only time I can recall money ever returned was Ecclestone and that was only when Blair got found out he’d agreed a grubby deal with him for a million pounds
 
The only time I can recall money ever returned was Ecclestone and that was only when Blair got found out he’d agreed a grubby deal with him for a million pounds
What was the similarity with Ecclestone, I forget?
 
What was the similarity with Ecclestone, I forget?

Ecclestone agreed a deal with Blair to continue tobacco advertising - old Bernie and his mate Max of course never hid their racist behaviour either.

It’s ironic also Abbott remains suspended by the Labour Party due to well…being a racist
 
The thing about Frank Hester is that TPP his company gets about £140m a year from DHSC, couldn't really care less if he donates to the Tories, it's not as if he is the only racist who does that, is it?
 
Another unpopular one being Andrew Tate and his brother, following on from Tommy Robinson arrest appearance in court ,vitue signalling of the willing parties/pawns?
 
I posted a link a few pages ago but the Guardian has done an article about him making unsavoury comments about Indians too. There’s a clear pattern of behaviour forming here and the Tories are quite deliberately digging themselves into a hole over it. Which seems really stupid given that the pattern of behaviour forming suggests that it’s highly likely that they’ll be more comments to come out. The fact that Sunak doesn’t seem to be able to envisage that scenario even after the latest story broke last night and sent his minions to double down on his defence of clearly racist comments, even by their own admission this morning tells you everything that you need to know about Sunak’s moral code. When he was at the lectern the other week talking about extremism I knew it would come back to bite him from within his own ranks, just amazed at how quickly that happened.

What a man. Basically reads like the archetypal racist (tropes, jokes, and stereotypes), who gets all upset and insulted about being called a racist.

Given the Tories nonsensical Extremism bill calls for public funding to be withdrawn from "Extremists", presumably we'll need to look elsewhere for our GP's software. Unless racism isn't an extreme view to this Government, that is.
 
New young guru trying out what will stick, nothing is the answer!!!
 
The only time I can recall money ever returned was Ecclestone and that was only when Blair got found out he’d agreed a grubby deal with him for a million pounds

Absolutely.

Labour refused to voluntarily return the Tobacco Gate money and only did so when pressured by the Parliamentary watchdog.

The Lib Dems have form as well. They flatly refused to return £2.4 million received from Michael Brown, who was convicted of defrauding people of tens of millions.

The above cases were about allegedly dodgy money which, in my opinion, should clearly have been returned without a moment's hesitation.

The case for returning Hester's donation is, in comparison, much weaker as it is based on the donor being a deeply unpleasant man. I think the Conservative Party or Hester should make a sizeable donation (say £1 million) to suitable anti-racist and anti-misogynist charities.
 
Absolutely.

Labour refused to voluntarily return the Tobacco Gate money and only did so when pressured by the Parliamentary watchdog.

The Lib Dems have form as well. They flatly refused to return £2.4 million received from Michael Brown, who was convicted of defrauding people of tens of millions.

The above cases were about allegedly dodgy money which, in my opinion, should clearly have been returned without a moment's hesitation.

The case for returning Hester's donation is, in comparison, much weaker as it is based on the donor being a deeply unpleasant man. I think the Conservative Party or Hester should make a sizeable donation (say £1 million) to suitable anti-racist and anti-misogynist charities.
Just admit you want a continuation of the status quo with all that entails, 15 years!
 
Absolutely.

Labour refused to voluntarily return the Tobacco Gate money and only did so when pressured by the Parliamentary watchdog.

The Lib Dems have form as well. They flatly refused to return £2.4 million received from Michael Brown, who was convicted of defrauding people of tens of millions.

The above cases were about allegedly dodgy money which, in my opinion, should clearly have been returned without a moment's hesitation.

The case for returning Hester's donation is, in comparison, much weaker as it is based on the donor being a deeply unpleasant man. I think the Conservative Party or Hester should make a sizeable donation (say £1 million) to suitable anti-racist and anti-misogynist charities.
Oh look!

"Those bad boys did something bad".

"That means my bad behaviour can be excused".

Puerile, and more importantly, excusing blatant racist comments.

Pathetic!
 
Just admit you want a continuation of the status quo with all that entails, 15 years!

You can't possibly jump to that conclusion because I haven't decided yet. It will have to wait until the party manifestos are out.

The choice seems to lie between a Conservative Party that has run out of ideas and a Labour Party led by Keir "No Principles" Starmer who simply tells his audience of the moment what they want to hear.
 
You can't possibly jump to that conclusion because I haven't decided yet. It will have to wait until the party manifestos are out.

The choice seems to lie between a Conservative Party that has run out of ideas and a Labour Party led by Keir "No Principles" Starmer who simply tells his audience of the moment what they want to hear.

The Tories haven't just 'run out of ideas' though, have they.

They've spent the last 14 years destroying the country, disgracing themselves and dividing the population.
 
Also, is it just me, or is there something a bit dodgy about an individual who benefits massively from Government contracts, donating very large sums of money to the ruling party?

This isn't just a Tory issue, in fairness.

In any other walk of life it’d be an ‘anti-bribery & corruption’ red flag. In politics, it’s just *shrug* and carry on.
 
The Tories haven't just 'run out of ideas' though, have they.

They've spent the last 14 years destroying the country, disgracing themselves and dividing the population.

They clearly haven't "destroyed" the country, a few individual MPs of all parties including the Conservatives have disgraced themselves and the people have made a pretty good job of stoking division.

I'm not particularly looking forward to another Conservative government unless they can come up with a decent manifesto. My problem is that the only realistic alternative is a Labour government led by "No Principles" Starmer.

It may be that, for the first time in my life, I will abstain although that rather goes again the grain with me.
 
Even more of this to come under Labour, can't beat a bit of PFI


Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
The way these companies fleece kids is disgraceful, considering how much money they get from FSM contributions.

Charge parents that pay the earth and can’t even provide a balanced or healthy provision.
 
They clearly haven't "destroyed" the country, a few individual MPs of all parties including the Conservatives have disgraced themselves and the people have made a pretty good job of stoking division.

I'm not particularly looking forward to another Conservative government unless they can come up with a decent manifesto. My problem is that the only realistic alternative is a Labour government led by "No Principles" Starmer.

It may be that, for the first time in my life, I will abstain although that rather goes again the grain with me.

Of course they've absolutely ruined the country. Services are on their knees. They've fucked the economy. That's before you even consider all the law breaking, the lying, the racism etc etc.

I don't know how anyone could even consider voting Tory.

As for how good their manifesto will be, it's irrelevant. They won't deliver it. They simply aren't capable of it.


 
They clearly haven't "destroyed" the country, a few individual MPs of all parties including the Conservatives have disgraced themselves and the people have made a pretty good job of stoking division.

I'm not particularly looking forward to another Conservative government unless they can come up with a decent manifesto. My problem is that the only realistic alternative is a Labour government led by "No Principles" Starmer.

It may be that, for the first time in my life, I will abstain although that rather goes again the grain with me.
How can the state of things be blamed on MPs not actually in government? The Tories are a disgrace and Sunak is the embodiment of them at this stage - clueless, self-serving and massively out of touch.
 
Maybe Anthony Joshuas sponsors should ask for their monery back after all his racist comments.
 
DfT having another big cut in the next budget



I think Tories are a national security risk

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
 
They clearly haven't "destroyed" the country, a few individual MPs of all parties including the Conservatives have disgraced themselves and the people have made a pretty good job of stoking division.

I'm not particularly looking forward to another Conservative government unless they can come up with a decent manifesto. My problem is that the only realistic alternative is a Labour government led by "No Principles" Starmer.

It may be that, for the first time in my life, I will abstain although that rather goes again the grain with me.

PVA used to vote Tory
 
Of course they've absolutely ruined the country. Services are on their knees. They've fucked the economy. That's before you even consider all the law breaking, the lying, the racism etc etc.

I don't know how anyone could even consider voting Tory.

As for how good their manifesto will be, it's irrelevant. They won't deliver it. They simply aren't capable of it.




Do you really think Starmer will deliver on his promises?

When addressing a divided nation over Brexit he came up with a ridiculous policy of negotiating a so-called better deal with the EU, calling a referendum and then campaigning against his own deal.

When seeking votes from the membership in the leadership context he adopted left wing policies such as natialisation.

Now that he wants votes from the electorate to win a general election he has done U-turns on his left wing policies

He is shallow, weak, unprincipled and deceitful. I will never again vote Labour while he is leader, which pretty much leaves me politically homeless.
 
For the record I have over the years voted Labour, Conservative, Social Democratic and LibDem. The party which most accurately represented my views was the Social Democrats.

I don't know which way I will vote in the general election other than that, as I have said, I will not vote Labour while the self-serving, unprincipled Starmer is the leader.
 
you also voted Lib Dem

Grendel: 'you're so binary, you just think Labour is good, everyone else is bad'

Also Grendel: 'haha look at you, you've voted for some different parties'
 
I don't know which way I will vote in the general election other than that, as I have said, I will not vote Labour while the self-serving, unprincipled Starmer is the leader.

I find it astonishing that you give this as a reason not to vote Labour, but are still considering voting Tory.

Imagine looking at the last 14 years and thinking 'tell you what, these Tories just need a chance'.
 
They clearly haven't "destroyed" the country, a few individual MPs of all parties including the Conservatives have disgraced themselves and the people have made a pretty good job of stoking division.

I'm not particularly looking forward to another Conservative government unless they can come up with a decent manifesto. My problem is that the only realistic alternative is a Labour government led by "No Principles" Starmer.

It may be that, for the first time in my life, I will abstain although that rather goes again the grain with me.
Well they have. Services are on their knees and funding continues to be cut. Any kind of metric you care to mention is awful from NHS waiting times to crime to shit being dumped in our waterways. Local authorities are at risk of going bust because govt gives them less funding while dumping huge costs on them. Inflation is high and the economy is receding. People are struggling to afford energy bills and food bank use is huge. And what's their plan? Cut taxes so rich people have more money.

I'd call that destroyed the country.

As far as I'm concerned you don't judge the success of a country by the standard of living of those at the top. You judge it by the standard of living of those at the bottom.
 
Last edited:
Grendel: 'you're so binary, you just think Labour is good, everyone else is bad'

Also Grendel: 'haha look at you, you've voted for some different parties'

You admitted at an age when most are at their most politically active you needed parent guidance. I was chairman of my course at that age in the Student Union
 
I’ve said I’m not voting or will for a fringe party - probably the Greens
 
I find it astonishing that you give this as a reason not to vote Labour, but are still considering voting Tory.

The only firm decision I have made is that I'm not voting Labour again while Starmer is the leader.

As I said in my last post I feel politically homeless, so someone is going to have to work hard if they want my vote.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom