DOES AT WALK ON WATER ??? - Issue (2) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From being up to his neck in it I believe AT has now just his knees below the water level and at the rate we are progressing, well maybe, just maybe he could only have his soles wet as he walks majestically on top of the canal adjacent to the Ricoh at the end of the season.

All credit to AT, he has maintained his decorum, optimism and belief that CCFC will somehow survive despite grave reservations from many SBT's (including me) - still a mountain to climb I know but you can tell by recent displays the players have respect for the manager and the club at heart which is more than half the battle.

Well done AT

PUSB

Astute

For me it is the way he kept the players going and giving full effort however bad things got. What some people struggle to understand is with the younger players. They never gave up when it would have been so easy to. It could have a bad effect on them. A lot of the fans had given up at times this season.

Paxman II

Can't argue with that. He's doing well at the minute it can be said.

Caution though....a lot to do and it all would have been easier had he and the team performed better, sooner and had less of the 'played only one half' scenario's.

It won't change my view though that a manager change should have been made way back and perhaps we would not be in this position now.
He made so many tactical and other errors of judgement that cost us back then that you would think a experienced manager may not have done.
Question is has he grown and learn't enough to remain in the job?
Think for me the jury is out on that and i remain cynical to it because if say, someone like Simon Grayson was available I'd rather have him?
(no surprise to see him making Huddersfield kick harder now) I called for him as soon as he left Leeds but AT is everyone's answer. By the skin of our teeth AT just might keep us in this league.....but what then?

Here's the crux of it for me...
If what you are saying is AT has turned out to be a miracle worker bla bla bla then currently we are playing well and getting results with 5 unbeaten, two clean sheets etc. So there can be no excuse then why we should not carry on performing to that level is there? It's taken him all this time to get that momentum so if he can't keep that going now at least and cross the finish line then it will show what we have in AT.

If you want success you can't stand on ceremony. Would I replace him next season? Probably yes. Until that happens I'm fully behind our man and wish him every success.

shmmeee

Yes. Once a manager has a good run there is no excuse for ever having a bad one. Not players off form, not injuries, not playing a run of form teams.

Ridiculous. Just admit you were wrong AT haters. He's as good as anything we could attract and will only get better. Much like the kids he's successfully brought through.

Otis

Who the fook are the AT haters?

Fook me. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Shmmee, you are usually someone I have quite a bit of respect for over the years, but talk about OTT.

Are you a Sun headline writer?

Thorn was doing terribly earlier in the season, he is now doing well. People were right to criticise him then and it is right and proper to now heap praise upon him for how we are doing now.

What the fook is this with this 'AT haters' nonsense.

Paxman II

It's a valid point shimmee but tbf what if we go down? Are you still prepared to think that way without question?
Do we have the luxury of someone learning the trade? If it back fires then the answer is no.
It was a mighty risk by SISU and they could have got some experience in and perhaps we would not be where we are now?

I'm no AT hater, quite the contrary.

Yes teams ave good runs and bad runs but like I said it has taken him all this time just to get one small 'good' run hasn't it?
Now he has that surely a good manager will not immediately start on a bad run at such a crucial time?
I think he has got the players with him and he has the fans backing too over extraordinary circumstances but to fail from the position he is in now wouldn't be good.

As said in another thread, staying up will be an achievement but far from a successful season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes. Once a manager has a good run there is no excuse for ever having a bad one. Not players off form, not injuries, not playing a run of form teams.

Ridiculous. Just admit you were wrong AT haters. He's as good as anything we could attract and will only get better. Much like the kids he's successfully brought through.

See the 'Thorn' thread for why this is OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread