Doncaster (A) match thread (1 Viewer)

Otis

And to think how much stick Otis has taken this week.......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Errmmm... Yup!

We all wanted it to happen, but the fact was it was a very tall order and you Stu confirmed that when you put the odds up the bookies were offering, which were 50/1.

That's a long shot at best.

Let's face it, we would have had to win 5 games in a row to make it. We were never going to do that were we.

Didn't even win 5 in a row when we were flying I don't think, so it was never going to happen now with a misfiring attack and with a striker who hasn't got on the goalsheet for 14 games and with a creaky defence who have a wonderful habit of showing great generosity in gifting goalscoring opportunities for the opposition.

RegTheDonk

And to think how much stick Otis has taken this week.......

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Said in the other thread I thought it was a bridge too far, head ruling heart - but I personally am glad Otis (and a few others) did some WHAT IF..? threads to keep us going, otherwise the season would have been over a couple of weeks ago and we're stuck waiting for the Euros to start.

While highly improbable, it WAS possible, and gave us a bit of excitement because the season wasn't over just yet - we're used to a full season as City fans, even though that usually means we go into the last day trying to avoid relegation!

Macca

Worst season since 2001 as far as I am concerned looking at the bigger picture. We ve been a relegation side since November

Otis

Worst season since 2001 as far as I am concerned looking at the bigger picture. We ve been a relegation side since November
Well, whatever sugar coating you put on it, you can't just look at where we finish and say it's an improvement without also looking at the whole picture of where we were in the table and where we ended up and the woeful slide and demise we endured.

It's exactly the same scenario with Gillingham. Do you think they will look at 7th (if that's where they end up) and declare that a success after being top 6 all season long?

Great for us to finish so much higher than last season, but our fall from grace does nothing other than leave a bad taste in my mouth for my part.

We looked like we had a real chance of automatic promotion and seemed nailed on for a top 6 place.

We have dropped from 1st to 12th and the season isn't over yet.

rupert_bear

[QUOTE
We looked like we had a real chance of automatic promotion and seemed nailed on for a top 6 place.

We have dropped from 1st to 12th and the season isn't over yet.[/QUOTE]
And that's the important fact not to be ignored. A number on here point to the improvement from last season and there was until December, since then it was similar maybe even worse than last season, but with a significantly better squad, even taking into account injuries to defenders. Seasoned players were recruited, Cole, Ramage, Hunt and Henderson added to a better squad than we had last season.

covcity4life

To thibk hoe much stick otis has taken??? Hoe stupid sre you?

Noone said we would win 5 In a row and make playoffs. We said we hoped we could win all 5 and make top 6

Hope!
Dream!

Resukts yday would have had us 4 pts off playoffs with 2 weeks to go. It shoes that it was on

If otis didn't want to believe thrn thst is fine. But he had a problem with others hoping it could happen and that's very very wrong

So st the risk of once again sounding s bully, please stop twisting things and playing the victim stupot. I see right through you

covcity4life

Using my phone to type.

But I'm glad you only have issue eith that and nothing else

You should apologise for continually mocking fans for hoping for the best but I doubt you have the integrity.

Soon as we went a goal down you started making sarcastic comments.

What a fan you are. Or should I say what a troll you are.

Otis

Using my phone to type.

But I'm glad you only have issue eith that and nothing else

You should apologise for continually mocking fans for hoping for the best but I doubt you have the integrity.

Soon as we went a goal down you started making sarcastic comments.

What a fan you are. Or should I say what a troll you are.
If you knew me properly you would know I make sarcastic comments whether we are winning or losing.

What do you want me to do when we are losing, go all woe is me, woe is me? ;)

Coping mechanism.

Out of this conversation of you and I there's only one troll and it ain't me!

:)

covcity4life

I don't mock fans for having different views

I never asked you or stupot to believe in a playoff push. Simply asked you to stop replying to every poster that did and putting them down

And on top of that you both have the gall to say I told you so after! As if other fans were sure we were gonna do it and you guys knew better

Unbelievable

Grendel

I don't mock fans for having different views

I never asked you or stupot to believe in a playoff push. Simply asked you to stop replying to every poster that did and putting them down

And on top of that you both have the gall to say I told you so after! As if other fans were sure we were gonna do it and you guys knew better

Unbelievable

Only an idiot would have believed play offs were possible during the last 3 months.

We are one of the worst sides in the league since the turn if the year and never looked like turning it around.

covcity4life

Grendel I thought we were shit vs Bradford. I also predicted a draw vs donny

I didn't thibk we would make playoffs. I just believed it was possible and not wrong with dreaming about miracles.

Grendel

I didn't thibk we would make playoffs. I just believed it was possible and not wrong with dreaming about miracles.

There is also nothing wrong about being realistic based on what people can see. It's a car crash since December and those issues should be discussed.

Otis

It WAS possible and it was fine to dream. If you look back the only beef I had was with people saying we had a 'good chance' when we clearly didn't.

Too many results had to go our way and it was always a long shot at best.

No problem at all with people hoping and dreaming.

covcity4life

I agree nothing wrong with being realistic either. But to post your stance after every single post from someone who believes is overkill. We all.knew otis didn't believe but he felt need to reply to everyone and question them. Wasn't needed

covcity4life

I only saw 1 who said it was a good chance and no doubt thay was idiotic.

We needed 5 in a row and results to go our way. It would have truly been a dream come true

Oh well. Now I can dream about gadzhev leading us to the title next year

Otis

I want to see him in next week and if Fleck has told Mowbray he's going, I would say as a replacement for Fleck.

With two games to go we might as well try and play players that are here next season and I would be inclined to leave out Armstrong and Fleck and Murphy and only keep Stephens in because of the defender shortage.

covcity4life

I would play harries gadzhev sayoudf g Thomas Spencer and thr other midfielder who's sposed to be good from u21. Forget his name

Lameires rose should start too. Maybe Kelly Evans

Bring Armstrong Murphy and cole on as subs to say goodbye to the ricoh

Otis

I would play harries gadzhev sayoudf g Thomas Spencer and thr other midfielder who's sposed to be good from u21. Forget his name

Lameires rose should start too. Maybe Kelly Evans

Bring Armstrong Murphy and cole on as subs to say goodbye to the ricoh
Stevenson I think you mean. Ben Stevenson. He is one the club rate highly.

Otis

RCC

Phillips (possibly Kelly-Evans) Stephens Martin Ricketts

Ghadzev Vincelot

Jones Rose Stevenson Lameiras

Thomas or Tudgay

Otis

Think we now need to leave Stokes to recover. It is pointless trying to rush him back now.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread