Doncaster sign Freddy Piquionne (1 Viewer)

Skybluedar

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin, Éire
No it is quite clear what he means. Piquionne is a top class striker. They now have him and Diouf up top. They are certainly giving themselves a chance. I am furious at Fisher and this rubbish about "selling the club is the last thing on their minds", "we want to increase the budget"

THEY HAVE NOT INVESTED NOW WHEN WE ARE FACING RELEGATION IN THE FACE! They are hardly increasing next years, they don't even have any budget for next years. There is no doubt that we could have done business with someone. He not "good enough" or "not available" when we enquired? Yeah sure...

@richh87

Jul 2, 2011
t.r.a.n.s.f.e.r.e.m.b.a.r.go.

Yes, t.r.a.n.s.f.e.r.e.m.b.a.r.go. - because they can't make up their mind whether to fund us after May. C*nts.

They'd already promised funding til May at the start of the season - and still sold Juke and didn't give a good go of strengthening the squad.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Glad you approve of a class act like willie Mackay signing players. I assume you know he doesn't cost them a penny don't you?

@richh87

Jul 2, 2011
Glad you approve of a class act like willie Mackay signing players. I assume you know he doesn't cost them a penny don't you?

I don't think either of us (you or I) know what you're on about.

He has been employed by Donny to bring in players on a certain budget. He's costing money and the players coming in are costing money - but nothing like their full wage at their parent clubs.

You know the few sad posters on here that stick up for SISU had me a bit worried about the mental health of City fans.

Thank god the poll on Cov Mad set me straight with 34% saying they wouldn't be back next season if SISU were here and 2% saying the same of Andy Thorn. Common sense at last.

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Mar 20, 2011

It affords the owners credit for lateral thinking. Something ours are wholly incapable of. Hence their overseeing ever dwindling gates whilst offering heavy-handed censure to any signs of unrest. Hence weekly gates 4K down on where they started, giving rise to ever-more critical losses that they then complain they can't sustain. Then use this self-same financial fragility as reason they can't file accounts due to uncertainty moving forward that stops us signing players

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Mar 20, 2011
Probably moreso than being relegated. They are short term contracts.

They are short-term contracts for McKay's clients. Doncaster gets a better quality of player for peanuts, the player gets exposure and the agent gets a more visible and hopefully more valuable player. Win, win, win.

Oh, except for us.....

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
I don't think either of us (you or I) know what you're on about.

He has been employed by Donny to bring in players on a certain budget. He's costing money and the players coming in are costing money - but nothing like their full wage at their parent clubs.

Actually I know exactly what I am on about;

"Donny will pay a maximum of £2,000 a week towards a player’s existing salary, relying on the parent club to pay the difference in their contract during their loan"

It get's better;

As well as benefiting from the player’s performances, Rovers will receive a cut of the transfer fee.

So it actually makes the club money, the manager has no say in the transfers and ultimately the disharmony this is causing will send them down. The club have been widely ridiculed for it but you think this is the way forward.

As for MacKay football principles are clearly at the foremost of his mind;

‘I’m doing this to prove it can be done and I’ve been honest enough to admit I’m only here for the money.

How reassuring for all Donny fans. Clearly survival is at the top of Mackay's mind. Free Willie he isn't.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
They are short-term contracts for McKay's clients. Doncaster gets a better quality of player for peanuts, the player gets exposure and the agent gets a more visible and hopefully more valuable player. Win, win, win.

Oh, except for us.....

And all other 90 league clubs. I think sanity above greed and actually consider you are allegedly one for statistics how has this project been doing since its launch in October?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Mar 20, 2011
And all other 90 league clubs. I think sanity above greed and actually consider you are allegedly one for statistics how has this project been doing since its launch in October?

It's given Doncaster options we don't have. They unquestionably have a better quality of player at their disposal in certain areas than we have.

After that, it's up to Saunders. Maybe he's simply not as good a manager as Thorn? ;-)

Take the sprinkling of quality McKay has delivered to Saunders. Put them in our team and Thorn would be able to perform as he did last term with Westwood, King, Gunnar and Turner and we'd be safe by now and you'd have nothing to get all unnecessary about...

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
It's given Doncaster options we don't have. They unquestionably have a better quality of player at their disposal in certain areas than we have.

After that, it's up to Saunders. Maybe he's simply not as good a manager as Thorn? ;-)

Take the sprinkling of quality McKay has delivered to Saunders. Put them in our team and Thorn would be able to perform as he did last term with Westwood, King, Gunnar and Turner and we'd be safe by now and you'd have nothing to get all unnecessary about...

That is just a wind up post and I am not responding other than to say not one soccer pundit or journalist has one good thing to say about it. I know a couple of fans up there and they honestly hate it and the general view is it is why O'Driscoll walked out.

cornoccfc

Jul 10, 2011
Northants
I almost cheered when I saw the thread, thought that was another circa 6-10k coming off the wage bill

(my page just showed 'Doncaster sign Freddy...')

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Mar 20, 2011
That is just a wind up post and I am not responding other than to say not one soccer pundit or journalist has one good thing to say about it. I know a couple of fans up there and they honestly hate it and the general view is it is why O'Driscoll walked out.

Strange that, what with you reverting to the wisdom of pundits and hacks; as when they've previously written about the unsustainability of selling senior players and replacing them with so many inexperienced kids; and they think Thorn's doing a good job you've previously been ignoring them

hackneyfox

Mar 23, 2011
Of course he wants to make money out of it, no surprises there.

If it keeps Doncaster up they'll be happy.

As for Piguionne, West Hams were rejoicing when this first surfaced about 2 months ago.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Mar 20, 2011
Think our results have actually improved strangely enough!

Yes I agree, they have. In fact if you look at the table at he time he left and now, you wouldn't have given us a chance of being here we currently are. I don't however, think our upturn in fortunes was the deign of our owners when they pocketed the filthy northern lucre though

lordsummerisle

Mar 19, 2011
Birmingham
Yes I agree, they have. In fact if you look at the table at he time he left and now, you wouldn't have given us a chance of being here we currently are. I don't however, think our upturn in fortunes was the deign of our owners when they pocketed the filthy northern lucre though

But selling your top scorer and getting in a loan striker is a sign of ambition for Doncaster?

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Or losing O'Driscoll to Nottingham Forest who are now reaping some benefit of an experienced tactician on their management staff.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Mar 20, 2011
But selling your top scorer and getting in a loan striker is a sign of ambition for Doncaster?

Marginally more ambition than selling your leading scorer and still not being able to secure enough medium term funding to allow you to file accounts and consider the spectre of loan payers, yes

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011

Oh, except for us.....

He is 33 by the way and averages 1 goal in 8 games on average.

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
Which is younger than Platt and with a strike rate that's better than Platt's at City. Did you mean to make a point? Do you need a hand?

Just a bit puzzled by the comment better quality player. Better than what? Billy sharpe? No. Actually I think he is a long in the tooth journeyman. West ham are glad to see the back of him and he is hardly likely to pull up trees for Doncaster whose manager probably did not want him. You however think this is progress. Unbelievable.

@richh87

Jul 2, 2011
Just a bit puzzled by the comment better quality player. Better than what? Billy sharpe? No. Actually I think he is a long in the tooth journeyman. West ham are glad to see the back of him and he is hardly likely to pull up trees for Doncaster whose manager probably did not want him. You however think this is progress. Unbelievable.

'Journeyman' with top flight clubs is literally a different league to Plattini unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread