double named signings (1 Viewer)

paulw

Have we ever signed someone who has played for the club with the same name?

The reason I ask is an Ashley Grimes has signed for Walsall. If he had signed for us he would have been the second Ashley Grimes.

ccfc92

We had this cracking winger once. Scored loads of goals. Cov kid. Got sold to brum.

Then we signed another one with the same name a few years later, but he was no where near as good :thinking about:

Last edited:

Grendel

Have we ever signed someone who has played for the club with the same name?

The reason I ask is an Ashley Grimes has signed for Walsall. If he had signed for us he would have been the second Ashley Grimes.

To be fair one Ashley Grimes is definitely enough.

gouldberg

We had 2 Paul Williams' didn't we? One after the other if i remember correctly.

ccfc92

On a serious note, I assume if you go back to the very early days, there would of been.

The English population mainly consisted of John, James, Willie and Charlie.

Grendel

Sky Blue Harry H

Looked down recent team sheete and we seem to have taken on a few by the name of keen on A.Triallist (not sure if they were up to much) :facepalm:

From the terraces I seem to remember a few called U twat - not sure if they were related :whistle:

SkyBlueSid

We actually had THREE players called Paul Williams in the 90s.

Paul A Williams was the one on loan, as outlined in the link above. Paul D Williams was the one everyone remembers as he was here for a few seasons. There was also a Paul R Williams who played for a spell between the other two, in 93-95. We signed him from Stockport and he eventually went to Plymouth.

We also had a Lee Hurst and a Lee Hirst, who were both at the club together I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread