Doug King Takeover (7 Viewers)

itsabuzzard

By sheer coincidence I'll be heading down the boozer this evening, to throw a few pots of ale down my face.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

ceetee

I always thought that Fisher might have a financial interest in the club or SISU. No evidence, just a hunch

Brylowes

Does anybody think we will be better off under a doug king ownership ?

Just curious what people are expecting
The way he suddenly appeared out of thin air, the ludicrous late bid to purchase the stadium, the obvious and easily found past links between himself and SISU or at least SISU employees, tbh I think ’as is normal’ with SISU it all leave‘s us with more questions than answers.

The last 2 or 3 years aside, SISU’s time at this club has been overall frustrating, tedious, hopeless, embarrassing, confusing etc, for the most part I’ve hated it & dreamt how fantastic it would be when they eventually leAve, what a party for all Coventry fans that day would be.

But i don’t feel like partying at all, It doesn’t feel to me as though SISU have gone, more like they’ve just played their latest hand in a never ending game.

Think our best hope is that it’s still SISU but it’s SISU with some limited investment and the ability to keep the wolf from the door for a bit longer.

Last edited:

ovduk78

In the book written by that Sunderland fan who wrote to every chairman asking to be their new manager Fisher's reply was brilliant. If I knew how to find it & post it I would.

skyblu3sk

@Saddlebrains
Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

ccfc922

The way he suddenly appeared out of thin air, the ludicrous late bid to purchase the stadium, the obvious and easily found past links between himself and SISU or at least SISU employees, tbh I think ’as is normal’ with SISU it all leave‘s us with more questions than answers.

The last 2 or 3 years aside, SISU’s time at this club has been overall frustrating, tedious, hopeless, embarrassing, confusing etc, for the most part I’ve hated it & dreamt how fantastic it would be when they eventually levee, what a party for all Coventry fans that day would be.

But i don’t feel like partying at all, It doesn’t feel to me as though SISU have gone, more like they’ve just played their latest hand in a never ending game.

Think our best hope is that it’s still SISU but it’s SISU with some limited investment and the ability to keep the wolf from the door for a bit longer.

Think that's a pretty accurate take on the situation. Until we see DK running the club properly, I will still be anxious for our future.

robbiekeane

Lets be honest

Last we heard the EFL have asked for more info as the proof of funds isnt strong enough. Then all of a sudden it goes quiet

Its been fishy since the minute it was announced and people dont want to believe they've been led up the garden path again
Whoopsie

skybluetony176

I guess I better start believing it then. Feeling very underwhelmed by it, possibly because SISU still has a small involvement and that worries me. Even Fisher going hasn’t buoyed me.

itsabuzzard

As much as some may like the idea and that includes me, FG Group are buying lots of different assets at the moment, they are reporting 2.6 billion turnover with profits some where around 450 million. One would presume they buy to reduce the tax liability, think of them as a successful version of Sisu, they purchase distressed companys and turn them round rather than take money out. Not saying that it wont happen in the future as Fraser Group as shirt sponsor but cant see it at the minute.
OK. Would you agree with the generally held view that the only way to turn a Championship club "around" is to get promotion to the PL, and that necessarily involves shovelling a lot of hard-earned in?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I guess I better start believing it then. Feeling very underwhelmed by it, possibly because SISU still has a small involvement and that worries me. Even Fisher going hasn’t buoyed me.

If following CCFC teaches us anything then it is to readily expect it all to turn to rat shit.

I am firmly in the 'believe it when i see it' in terms of him actually delivering any improvement on SISU's ownership.

JonesBob

Owners are a different breed and if people truly believe they do it for the betterment of humanity or for the community then one will be continually disappointed. That is not a dig at Mr. King it is just an observation of my 60 years. Jack Walker was possibly one of the last true owners that did it for the love of the game and the love of the local people, but he was also a shrewd businessman who wanted to make money. All we can hope for is he is a step up from SISU and a few previous chairpeople and then we will be okay.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Wow does read as taking the opportunity to get out and focus on other things rather than jump before being pushed
I dunno, probably had a discussion with Dougy baby and realised he wasn’t wanted. Better for his cv to leave than be pushed. Probably get his notice paid up and a gold watch for his service…

Users who are viewing this thread