Doug King Takeover (6 Viewers)

shmmeee

I mean, I don’t pretend to understand it all but the timing of the King ‘purchase’ and that he came from nowhere (apart from seemingly Sisu’s office) seems suspicious right?

I don’t know. Taking things at face value Joy is left looking for an owner on Nov 7th with ACLs NOI out and a deadline of a couple of weeks and needs someone close she can work quickly with, maybe who has expressed an interest before. He needs to go public before the court case for reasons (I’m guessing the bondholders backing off scuppered any real chance but that happened after he’d gone public). Joy is clearly skint and needs shot of us. Storey turns out to be a joke. Ashley isn’t biting.

I’m not saying that’s what happened but it seems more likely than King being Ashley in disguise for reasons or King buying 85% of the club somehow making it more valuable for reasons but he doesn’t want the club.

NorthernWisdom

I don’t know. Taking things at face value Joy is left looking for an owner on Nov 7th with ACLs NOI out and a deadline of a couple of weeks and needs someone close she can work quickly with, maybe who has expressed an interest before. He needs to go public before the court case for reasons (I’m guessing the bondholders backing off scuppered any real chance but that happened after he’d gone public). Joy is clearly skint and needs shot of us. Storey turns out to be a joke. Ashley isn’t biting.

I’m not saying that’s what happened but it seems more likely than King being Ashley in disguise for reasons or King buying 85% of the club somehow making it more valuable for reasons but he doesn’t want the club.
Isn't the only logical conspiracy the one where he pops up to stall Ashley's CBS takeover, Ashley pulls out as a result, so then CCC take back lease and club can get stadium nice and cheap?

The Philosopher

I think that King blocking Simon Gilbert’s number is a bit of a giveaway.

As a club owner you’d want to keep reasonable relationships with the local Beeb, no?

A generic iPhone “Sorry can’t…. Later” would be better than a block. A block sound like “I’m outta here”.

Amcoventry

Pretty obvious nobody cares about the team, its all about the money! Sad!

shmmeee

I think that King blocking Simon Gilbert’s number is a bit of a giveaway.

As a club owner you’d want to keep reasonable relationships with the local Beeb, no?

A generic iPhone “Sorry can’t…. Later” would be better than a block. A block sound like “I’m outta here”.

Where did you see that?

Saddlebrains

Well yes it had hadnt it

It never went to an open admin. Which was meant to happen on the Monday, we all sat here waiting for confirmation.

Only for it to be 48 hours later while we were Mid Blackburn game

shmmeee

Well yes it had hadnt it

It never went to an open admin. Which was meant to happen on the Monday, we all sat here waiting for confirmation.

Only for it to be 48 hours later while we were Mid Blackburn game

So do you want Ashley as owner or not?

alexccfc99

Why would he the deal is still to be ratified. What’s happened to peoples ability to just take some things as face value until you have more information
Too many people are too easily pleased and want sound bites all the time - I’d be happy to have an owner who just sits silently in the background, keeps the club ticking over and leaves the running of it to a competent CEO and MR/Adi

AFCCOVENTRY

Why would he the deal is still to be ratified. What’s happened to peoples ability to just take some things as face value until you have more information

In classic style a lot of fans are hysterical here. This is just basic business protocol going on.

This is a timeline of how this is probably going to pan out:

1) King takeover ratified by EFL in next week or so.

2) Sisu aren’t engaging with Ashley as they wait for King ratification.

3) King is in place and his first task is to agree to end of season license at CBS. We won’t be leaving.

4) Then King can start negotiations with FG on a longer term lease at the CBS. Hopefully this is a lease rather than another license. Lessons should be learned.

clint van damme

In classic style a lot of fans are hysterical here. This is just basic business protocol going on.

This is a timeline of how this is probably going to pan out:

1) King takeover ratified by EFL in next week or so.

2) Sisu aren’t engaging with Ashley as they wait for King ratification.

3) King is in place and his first task is to agree to end of season license at CBS. We won’t be leaving.

4) Then King can start negotiations with FG on a longer term lease at the CBS. Hopefully this is a lease rather than another license. Lessons should be learned.

If there's one thing that hasn't been happening throughout this whole sage, it's lesson learning.

hill83

At last some good news today.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Users who are viewing this thread