Doyler (1 Viewer)

withnail

This article has been bothering me...
Sky Blues boss explains 'difficult' decision to drop Doyler
A few weeks ago Doyler was the heart of the side, now suddenly he's over the hill. He's having a temporary dip in form and he's being talked about Like he's a liability that has to be worked around.
Don't like this article, you don't lose your legs over night despite what ever bullshit people come out with, the bloke clearly has got plenty to offer on and off the pitch, not least to teach the kids some character.

I'm happy with how we re doing in league 1...just saying, this doesn't feel right,

Paxman II

If we are to beat this free flowing Luton side we will need Kelly and Doyle back to their best in the side tomorrow.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

He still manages to do a great job for us . Bring him back as soon as possible Mr Robins his own game sometimes suffers trying to keep the younger players concentration levels, great captain.

usskyblue

Forget age. If you’re good enough (and fit enough) you make the team.

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

If he comes back in he needs to be told he isn’t allowed to take every set piece

higgs

Wonder was there a falling out? He used pick himself not that long ago

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Hopefully Doyle comes back in today to partner Kelly in the middle, Bayliss on the right and Thomas on the left.

usskyblue

And that theory somehow seems to change when it’s “younger players”

An ex England international (and good friend of mine) once said; ‘If you’re good enough, you’re old enough.’

Obviously, it depends on the philosophy of the manager.

Greggs

An ex England international (and good friend of mine) once said; ‘If you’re good enough, you’re old enough.’

Obviously, it depends on the philosophy of the manager.
or the level that you're playing at!

Adge

You’re all bored of hearing it from me (there-I said it for you!) but that drives me mad when the age excuse always gets wheeled out for academy/younger player if they have been poor. If you are good enough age is only a number ie Bayliss at one end of the scale and Doyle at the other.

Greggs

You’re all bored of hearing it from me (there-I said it for you!) but that drives me mad when the age excuse always gets wheeled out for academy/younger player if they have been poor. If you are good enough age is only a number ie Bayliss at one end of the scale and Doyle at the other.
boring......;)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This article has been bothering me...
Sky Blues boss explains 'difficult' decision to drop Doyler
A few weeks ago Doyler was the heart of the side, now suddenly he's over the hill. He's having a temporary dip in form and he's being talked about Like he's a liability that has to be worked around.
Don't like this article, you don't lose your legs over night despite what ever bullshit people come out with, the bloke clearly has got plenty to offer on and off the pitch, not least to teach the kids some character.

I'm happy with how we re doing in league 1...just saying, this doesn't feel right,

I don't think it is a temporary dip in form. Even from the start of the season it's been mentioned that Doyle was being less effective and opposition teams were just bypassing him. That meant him dropping deeper and thus everyone else dropped deeper too leaving the likes of JCH ploughing a lone furrow.

Now we're well into the season and games will be coming thick and fast I don't think he's got the legs for them all and we're going to have to choose games for him to play or have him on the bench to steady the ship and manage others on the pitch in the latter stages. He's 37 and playing in a blood and thunder league and the fact he can still do it at all is testament to his fitness and dedication. He's still very fit for his age and I'm sure he could run for hours, but that short distance intensity has waned and that's vital. He still has a part to play just not as the centrepoint of the team. We've got other options now like Kelly and I reckon Ogogo was brought in as a long term replacement but for whatever reason has just failed to get going thus far.

Doyle could be a decent coach and I hope the likes of Maycock and Eccles will be put under his tutelage.

But when he does play a few stipulations need to be made. Firstly, he's NOT taking set peices. Secondly he doesn't drop back to take the ball off the toes of the defence to then just play a sideways ball or lump it forward - defenders can do that so he should be further up the pitch.

The biggest question is whether he's willing to become that type of squad player?

steve82

I don't think it is a temporary dip in form. Even from the start of the season it's been mentioned that Doyle was being less effective and opposition teams were just bypassing him. That meant him dropping deeper and thus everyone else dropped deeper too leaving the likes of JCH ploughing a lone furrow.

Now we're well into the season and games will be coming thick and fast I don't think he's got the legs for them all and we're going to have to choose games for him to play or have him on the bench to steady the ship and manage others on the pitch in the latter stages. He's 37 and playing in a blood and thunder league and the fact he can still do it at all is testament to his fitness and dedication. He's still very fit for his age and I'm sure he could run for hours, but that short distance intensity has waned and that's vital. He still has a part to play just not as the centrepoint of the team. We've got other options now like Kelly and I reckon Ogogo was brought in as a long term replacement but for whatever reason has just failed to get going thus far.

Doyle could be a decent coach and I hope the likes of Maycock and Eccles will be put under his tutelage.

But when he does play a few stipulations need to be made. Firstly, he's NOT taking set peices. Secondly he doesn't drop back to take the ball off the toes of the defence to then just play a sideways ball or lump it forward - defenders can do that so he should be further up the pitch.

The biggest question is whether he's willing to become that type of squad player?

Those stipulations you point out are what MR asks of him tho, he’s following instructions be it effective or not.

I’d imagine he’d not of anticipated playing this much himself this year but really their hasn’t been any other available options till last the last few weeks.

I hope he stays on as a bit player/coach as he can help the kids in the checkatrade games while getting into coaching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

At his age, being in the squad and getting paid is a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread