Draft fan survey (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

People seem to be saying lots of contrary things about the current situation so I'm wondering about setting up a new fan survey. DRAFT questions below. Comments welcome. thx

1. Are you happy with the current state of Coventry City FC? Yes/No/Don’t know

2. If you are unhappy with the current state of Coventry City FC, who do you think is most responsible? (choose one answer only)

(a) Coventry City Council (b) Football League (c) Previous owners (d) Sisu (e) Wasps (f) Don’t know

3. Do you think Coventry City Council was right to do the deal with Wasps? Yes/No/Don’t know

4. Do you think Wasps will benefit Coventry City FC? Yes/No/Don’t know

5. Which would you prefer Coventry City to do? (choose one answer only)

(a) Remain at the Ricoh (b) Build a new ground (c) Don’t know

6. What do you think would most help Coventry City FC? (choose one answer only)

(a) A ‘sisu out’ campaign (b) Building a new stadium (c) More fans going to City games at the Ricoh
(d) Working with Wasps

skybluebeduff

1. Are you happy with the current state of Coventry City FC? No

2. If you are unhappy with the current state of Coventry City FC, who do you think is most responsible? (choose one answer only)

Too many to mention

3. Do you think Coventry City Council was right to do the deal with Wasps? Yes

4. Do you think Wasps will benefit Coventry City FC? No

Build a new ground

A ‘sisu out’ campaign

What do we have to lose that we haven't already lost long term anyway?

EDIT: Noticed I have put Build a new ground and a 'Sisu Out' campaign, it's one or the other for me not both. I'd prefer SISU OUT regardless for the long term future of CCFC if there ever was one.

Last edited:

bawtryneal

I don't think you need to be a brain surgeon to know the outcome of the survey. What are you going to do with the responses ?

SkyBlue_Bear83

(a) Coventry City Council (b) Football League (c) Previous owners (d) Sisu (e) Wasps (f) Don’t know

3. Do you think Coventry City Council was right to do the deal with Wasps? Yes/No/Don’t know

(a) A ‘sisu out’ campaign (b) Building a new stadium (c) More fans going to City games at the Ricoh
(d) Working with Wasps

Some of the question can't be adequately answered with yes/no/don't know
Question 5, we need to know what deal the club would need to remain and be successful at the Ricoh, then see if Wasps are willing to offer that or something very close to it. If they can't then look at building a new stadium in Coventry

Question 6, SISU OUT campaign will be pointless as they don't care, more people going to the Ricoh helps us most in the short term but long term either builidng a new stadium or working it out with Wasps (which ever is better for us, look at my comment about Q5.)

MichaelCCFC

I don't think you need to be a brain surgeon to know the outcome of the survey. What are you going to do with the responses ?

Based on talking to different people and hearing lots of different views I don't think the outcome is clear - the 2 people who have had a go at answering have given some different answers!

Grendel

Based on talking to different people and hearing lots of different views I don't think the outcome is clear - the 2 people who have had a go at answering have given some different answers!

What is the point of the survey? It's fairly obvious that sisu will be largely held to blame and we want new owners.

The council I think will be blamed for selling to a London franchise and the future is bleak.

I don't see what receiving that data really achieves.

stupot07

Would it be better for some kind of ranked question for number 2?

We all know that Sisu are majority to blame, it just seems like it will be used to absolve the others of blame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluelee

People seem to be saying lots of contrary things about the current situation so I'm wondering about setting up a new fan survey. DRAFT questions below. Comments welcome. thx

(d) Sisu

3. Do you think Coventry City Council was right to do the deal with Wasps? No

(b) Build a new ground (only if it is IN Coventry.

(c) More fans going to City games at the Ricoh

MichaelCCFC

Would it be better for some kind of ranked question for number 2?

We all know that Sisu are majority to blame, it just seems like it will be used to absolve the others of blame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yeah, I'm just trying to keep it as simple as possible really. For Q2 it says 'most responsible' so is trying to pin people down. Might be interesting to see if ccc-wasps deal has changed things or not?

dongonzalos

Sisu

3. Do you think Coventry City Council was right to do the deal with Wasps? Yes

4. Do you think Wasps will benefit Coventry City FC? Don’t know (only if it brings things to a head)

(a) Remain at the Ricoh

(Working with Wasps

Otis

Nick's right, but here goes anyway.

1. Are you happy with the current state of Coventry City FC? Yes/No/Don’t know - No. That's a no shit Sherlock question.

(a) Coventry City Council (b) Football League (c) Previous owners (d) Sisu (e) Wasps (f) Don’t know. Sisu. Not a one party blame answer, but Sisu obviously as the biggest culprit

3. Do you think Coventry City Council was right to do the deal with Wasps? Yes/No/Don’t know. No, but can see why they did it.

4. Do you think Wasps will benefit Coventry City FC? Yes/No/Don’t know. Don't know. Possibly, potentially.

(a) Remain at the Ricoh (b) Build a new ground (c) Don’t know a: Remain at the Ricoh.

(d) Working with Wasps. C:

Last edited:

torchomatic

Daft fan survey?

torchomatic

1. No
2. Mainly SISU but your one answer only method is pretty loaded so you will get the answer you want. At least you gave people a choice, I suppose.
3. Absolutely not. They could have waited until SISU left which they eventually will
4. No
5. Build a new ground. It's patently obvious which sports team runs the Ricoh now.
6. C then B

Last edited:

wafw1971

Michael, I think you know the answers to those questions already, we cannot keep going round blaming this person that person because what is done is done.

What you need to do is come up with possible solutions for us to choose from.
For example:
How do we replace the current owners?
How do we improve matchdays?
How do we get funding to build a new ground?

I could go on.

LB87ccfc

Michael, I think you know the answers to those questions already, we cannot keep going round blaming this person that person because what is done is done.

What you need to do is come up with possible solutions for us to choose from.
For example:
How do we replace the current owners? - We dont as no one gives a fuck
How do we improve matchdays? - We dont as no one gives a fuck
How do we get funding to build a new ground? - Their wont be one if you believe this go see a doctor

I could go on.

MichaelCCFC

Thanks, Otis. Some additional comments as follows

Nick's right, but here goes anyway - any suggestions for how to improve the questions very welcome.

1. Are you happy with the current state of Coventry City FC? Yes/No/Don’t know - No. That's a no shit Sherlock question. What about RFC?!

(a) Coventry City Council (b) Football League (c) Previous owners (d) Sisu (e) Wasps (f) Don’t know. Sisu. Not a one party blame answer, but Sisu obviously as the biggest culprit I thought it might be interesting to see given the wasps deal whether views on this might have shifted but if the question is controversial it could be left out

3. Do you think Coventry City Council was right to do the deal with Wasps? Yes/No/Don’t know. No, but can see why they did It's a balance between having more options and keeping it simple. A standard approach would be to start off with these general questions then in a few months follow up on the ones that got the most interesting responses and require more detailed investigation.

4. Do you think Wasps will benefit Coventry City FC? Yes/No/Don’t know. Don't know. Possibly, potentially.

(a) Remain at the Ricoh (b) Build a new ground (c) Don’t know a: Remain at the Ricoh.

(d) Working with Wasps. C:

bawtryneal

Michael, I really admire your enthusiasm and have great respect for some of your actions. Like you I am passionate about CCFC, but I think these surveys are futile. As suggested the key is where do we go from here. Looking backwards is a waste of time. We need to look forwards.
The atmosphere around the club and the fans and the positive actions required will only take place under new ownership. If anybody on this forum wants to have a serious conversation about the next steps lets get together and have a chat.

MichaelCCFC

wafw1971 & bawtry - thanks for comments. Would be happy to drop Question 2 if it's proving controversial (reason for putting it in was to see if things have shifted with wasps deal etc). A few people are saying they know what the answers will be but the people who have had a go at answering have given different answers and just reading this forum shows there are lots of different views around! You are both right about putting more emphasis on the future. That's what questions 5 and 6 are about (question 4 sort of too) but if you have suggestions for more questions about the future/improving the current questions they will be very welcome. As it stands, question 6 is for me the most important one and I really have absolutely no idea what percentages of people would support the different options.

wafw1971

wafw1971 & bawtry - thanks for comments. Would be happy to drop Question 2 if it's proving controversial (reason for putting it in was to see if things have shifted with wasps deal etc). A few people are saying they know what the answers will be but the people who have had a go at answering have given different answers and just reading this forum shows there are lots of different views around! You are both right about putting more emphasis on the future. That's what questions 5 and 6 are about (question 4 sort of too) but if you have suggestions for more questions about the future/improving the current questions they will be very welcome. As it stands, question 6 is for me the most important one and I really have absolutely no idea what percentages of people would support the different options.

The thing is Michael the 'Trust' have completed surveys in the past (and you enthusiasm is welcomed) but unless like minded people on here for example can agree a way forward then I see surveys being a waste of time. Like some one said earlier just do a few polls on here first then once they have been completed then do a survey.

MichaelCCFC

The thing is Michael the 'Trust' have completed surveys in the past (and you enthusiasm is welcomed) but unless like minded people on here for example can agree a way forward then I see surveys being a waste of time. Like some one said earlier just do a few polls on here first then once they have been completed then do a survey.

Yeah, it may end up as a waste of time and if it goes ahead it will actually be interesting to see if many people do it because so many say they're no longer interested. Where I do disagree with you is that it's clear that on this forum people cannot agree a way forward. The previous kcic surveys were very helpful in understanding the views of the fanbase more generally. In talking to people in recent days, some are certain wasps will be good for ccfc, some people just want a sisu out campaign, others are saying that with wasps at the ricoh they would now support a new ground. Getting some idea of which points of view have most support would help inform things a lot.

wafw1971

Yeah, it may end up as a waste of time and if it goes ahead it will actually be interesting to see if many people do it because so many say they're no longer interested. Where I do disagree with you is that it's clear that on this forum people cannot agree a way forward. The previous kcic surveys were very helpful in understanding the views of the fanbase more generally. In talking to people in recent days, some are certain wasps will be good for ccfc, some people just want a sisu out campaign, others are saying that with wasps at the ricoh they would now support a new ground. Getting some idea of which points of view have most support would help inform things a lot.

Then do a simple poll for each question.

mrtrench

Michael

A couple of people have already asked what the point of the survey is. They are right, when designing a survey the first question to ask is what it is that you want to find out. Only then do you design questions that will expose the answers you wanted.

Another important thing is to avoid leading the subject by the nose with questions that drive him to a position where he can only give one answer - this is called a biased survey. For example:

1. How would you feel if your children were murdered?
2. Should we bring back hanging for some crimes?

The survey leads the person to be more likely to say that there should be hanging.

I would argue that your first question leads the subject. You know that nobody is happy - so all you are doing is reminding people of that to lead their later responses.

MichaelCCFC

1. No
2. Mainly SISU but your one answer only method is pretty loaded so you will get the answer you want. At least you gave people a choice, I suppose.
3. Absolutely not. They could have waited until SISU left which they eventually will
4. No
5. Build a new ground. It's patently obvious which sports team runs the Ricoh now.
6. C then B

How about changing question 2 to a more positive, forward looking one eg something like 'who has most responsibility for moving ccfc in a positive direction?'

Grendel

How about changing question 2 to a more positive, forward looking one eg something like 'who has most responsibility for moving ccfc in a positive direction?'

There is no point to q1 or q2

stupot07

No

d) we know Sisu are majority to blame, but there are others that must share that blame.

No

No - wasps are in it for themselves, they will do us no favours, and will hope to take advantage of our currently situation and poach fans from us

C) don't know - need far more information about any new ground before I make a decision

(d) Working with Wasps

(C) although are we talking about short term, medium or long term? Short term more revenue will help.

Did the last time you did q2 is was none blame, part blame, mostly blame....if you want to see how opinion has changed why not use the same question as last time?

Last edited:

chiefdave

You can't pick one answer for this. Previous owners started the mess but you can't keep going back and blaming them, doesn't move us forward. SISU have been terrible owners and pretty much everything they have done they have messed up. The FL should have been stronger with regard to the move but I don't think there's really much blame on them for the bigger problems we have. The council have certainly played a large role, the initial rent deal and then of course pretty much giving the stadium away to Wasps. In my opinion as bad as SISU have been it is the sale of ACL to Wasps that will do the most long term damage, it's now something that will be hard to recover from even if we had new owners tomorrow.

3. Do you think Coventry City Council was right to do the deal with Wasps? No

5. Which would you prefer Coventry City to do? (choose one answer only) Build a new ground, but I would like to see the business case for that over a tenancy arrangement.

6. What do you think would most help Coventry City FC? (choose one answer only) (c) More fans going to City games at the Ricoh, best in the short term. In the long term I think we may need to now look at building our own ground if we ever want to be competitive in the championship or higher.

Users who are viewing this thread