Dry Lens (1 Viewer)

vow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36372446
England v Wales (and all other Lens games) is going to be a non-alcohol zone for 24 hours :sour:

Wouldn't be too happy about this myself if I was going to Lens.

I guess the minority spoil it for the majority of sensible drinkers.

vow

dag nabbit, put it in the wrong forum, meant to stick it in Football and Other Sports...

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

Well if I go I'll be staying in Lille, so I'll just get to the ground later.

Most will be staying there. Sounds like they won't allow anyone on a train to Lens without a match ticket either.

CJ_covblaze

vow

plus a round-of-16 match too.

Tad

Fair enough really. It's annoying for those who can behave, but if they don't want the bill from those who can't, this is for the best.

I'd love to see some change in the law in this country for this very thing. Those who go out get hammered which resorts to needing the police should get fined for wasting police time and public money on such stupid and pathetic issues.

CJ_covblaze

plus a round-of-16 match too.

Forgot about that. Really does take the biscuit that they're playing one there. Very small ground. It's why we've got so few tickets for it.

CJ_covblaze

I will have to source me a ticket then.

I can't see them actually enforcing it. It'll be near to impossible. The Fanzone is ticketed too I believe.

vow

According to Sky Sports News, Lens council have said there will be alcohol allowed, just not on the streets.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-for-england-wales-clash-at-euro-2016-in-lens
"Lens council told Sky Sports News HQ that they wanted to stress there was no ban in the town during the tournament and that drinks can be purchased in the fanzone, albeit in plastic glasses, and will be on sale around the city, although fans won't be able to buy or consume it on the streets."

P.S. on a personal note, I wasn't a sensible drinker the other night, when i posted about "Sisu lover....etc", apologies for that thread.

hill83

opti-free-pure-moist.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread