Transfer Rumour Dylan Vente (2 Viewers)

AJB1983

Hamer was in the top division, Roda are in the second division.
I stand corrected, the team Hamer were relegated from the eredivisie not long after he left but are back now in the top league.

we’re splitting hairs a bit really.
I’ve not watched any Dutch football to see what standard their second tier is compared to ours. His goal ratio is good so fair do’s.

djr8369

Was in feyenoord under 23s with Hamer so could be an interesting link up if Gus stays….
I’ve had from what should be a very reliable source that he’s on his way…. So we’ll see.
Do you mean a reliable source or someone on twitter who makes stuff up and/or shares rumours they’ve seen elsewhere?

Not having a dig but it seems quite often that one rumour gets shared by numerous accounts and it ends up looking legit because lots of people are talking about it.

Grendel

I stand corrected, the team Hamer were relegated from the eredivisie not long after he left but are back now in the top league.

we’re splitting hairs a bit really.
I’ve not watched any Dutch football to see what standard their second tier is compared to ours. His goal ratio is good so fair do’s.

Kasteneer is playing in the second division isn’t he?

no_loyalty

Kasteneer is playing in the second division isn’t he?
He was last season, he has since been released after his club were promoted and they didn’t take up the option of a further year contract.

Grendel

He may have now been released but played 60 times for Zwolle - part of the promotion winning team there

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It’s the equivalent to the championship, and just checking online to be fair Roda were in the eredivisie for decades before getting relegated 9 years ago - not dissimilar to us.

The top league itself isn't really that strong, with most teams probably being Championship standard. The comparison doesn't come straight across.

The second division in NL is anywhere from League 1 standard down to National League with some of the youth teams they have in there I would say. Vente, being one of the top scorers in that division, would be a bit like us signing Colby Bishop or Alfie May (left out the top three outright top scorers in that division as they are all ex-players). Not a bad punt in all honesty, but it is a bit of a step up.

TomRad85

The top league itself isn't really that strong, with most teams probably being Championship standard. The comparison doesn't come straight across.

The second division in NL is anywhere from League 1 standard down to National League with some of the youth teams they have in there I would say. Vente, being one of the top scorers in that division, would be a bit like us signing Colby Bishop or Alfie May (left out the top three outright top scorers in that division as they are all ex-players). Not a bad punt in all honesty, but it is a bit of a step up.
Good to hear your breakdown of the league. I would say he is however younger than all those League 1 top scorers, he also plays for a pretty poor team, relative to the league he's in, where he scored not far off half of all their goals (assume he got some assists too.) On top of that coming through at Feyenoord won't have done him any harm either. For my money he's a better punt and due to inflated prices over here likely will cost a fair bit less.
Basically i'd happily take him here.

shmmeee

Seems a reasonable £1-2m punt that could pay off, or could be Tyler Walker. We’ve got a good record with picking strikers so I’m fairly relaxed if we get him.

SBT

Seems a reasonable £1-2m punt that could pay off, or could be Tyler Walker. We’ve got a good record with picking strikers so I’m fairly relaxed if we get him.
The fact that people are seriously suggesting £2 million for this guy tells me that Vente’s agent has played a blinder here.

shmmeee

The fact that people are seriously suggesting £2 million for this guy tells me that Vente’s agent has played a blinder here.

I wasn’t. Just saying it’s in that bracket of Sheaf, Vik, Walker. Thomas I’d put in there too. Seems £2m is the new £1m.

Grendel

I wasn’t. Just saying it’s in that bracket of Sheaf, Vik, Walker. Thomas I’d put in there too. Seems £2m is the new £1m.

You wouldn’t pay much on him at all - he’s playing in a poor division which Kastaneer played in a promotion winning season last year. He’s a low wage cheap gamble at best.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So is this transfer looking likely?

Standard of football is about league 2/non league I would imagine, doesn't mean there can't be good players to be picked up

Martin180

Standard of football is about league 2/non league I would imagine, doesn't mean there can't be good players to be picked up
Its more lower end Championship/ top end league one . Through my betting I follow the Dutch leagues and the Erste divisie is always competitive, usually loads of goals too

SBT

Sheaf, Vik and Walker all had a much better pedigree than this guy, who no-one had even heard of until two weeks ago.

Bennettbarnet

Wowzers. I dont know the Dutch league that well, but surely not lg2/non league?

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk

AJB1983

Do you mean a reliable source or someone on twitter who makes stuff up and/or shares rumours they’ve seen elsewhere?

Not having a dig but it seems quite often that one rumour gets shared by numerous accounts and it ends up looking legit because lots of people are talking about it.
Fair comment - why I said should be….
can’t say too much really so if it happens great.

it’s not some Twitter nonsense, i did get the info third hand but the original source is as good as it gets.

Yorkshire SB

Have a friend who is a Dutch football analyst at a football data/stats company.

Positively he said;
- Only good thing about Roda this season, nearly got them play offs single handedly
- great finisher, extremely clinical

However he also said;
- Seemingly better strikers have left that league and flopped at a slightly higher level
- Fairly easy for a striker to score 20+ in Eerste Divisie as an abnormally high scoring league
- concerned not physical enough for the champ

mmttww

If we pick this guy up, feels like we'd have a good mix. Simms is big but mobile enough. Vente looks quick(ish), a finisher. Godden to grab a few doing his thing. Add a loan with raw pace and that's most things covered.

Users who are viewing this thread