Eakin???? (1 Viewer)

ecky

Eakin a Tranmere fan?? Did i here right off juggy?

Ha Ha !! No wonder the bloke doesn't talk sense concerning CCFC?

Otis

He's always admitted to that hasn't he?

Hear him say so dozens of times to be fair, ecky.

Sky Blue Harry H

Eakin a Tranmere fan?? Did i here right off juggy?

Ha Ha !! No wonder the bloke doesn't talk sense concerning CCFC?

Yep - well known - Juggy played nice and gently with him this evening, then tried to get a gentle bite (he only nibbled with a "we're here to talk about the Sky Blues") with a reference to Tranmere.

Tonylinc

Yes, has never hidden the fact that he is a Tranmere fan which I find quite refreshing since he could support a number of better placed clubs in that area!

Hobo

Journalists usually cover sides through their work. They end up adopting teams. Not surprisingly they will also have a side like most of...inherited from childhood.

Didge76

Eakin is a complete knob. Really starting to get on my nerves now. Referred to "Bradford" as "Barnsley" 3 times in succession the other night. Bring back Rob Gurney

christonabike

Eakin has gold medals for being a cock. Never asks the hard questions we want and if you listen to his commentary he gets more excited when they attack than city.
Gets very arsey when put to rights then cuts them off. Another arse licker on the same bandwaggon as Oggy who continues to draw the big money even though we have been a complete failure under numerous managers and owners.:thinking about:

christonabike

Eakin has gold medals for being a cock. Never asks the hard questions we want and if you listen to his commentary he gets more excited when they attack than city.
Gets very arsey when put to rights then cuts them off. Another arse licker on the same bandwaggon as Oggy who continues to draw the big money even though we have been a complete failure under numerous managers and owners.
thinking%20about.gif

chiefdave

The same as Linnell is a Sheff Weds fan (I think) ??

Wonder if over time if you're having to watch every game another team plays you start caring about them more than your own team. It sounds like something you would dismiss and say that will never happen but how long has Linnell being covering our games now? Got to be getting on for 30 years. Be hard to follow a team for that long and not develop a connection I would have thought.

Astute

Wonder if over time if you're having to watch every game another team plays you start caring about them more than your own team. It sounds like something you would dismiss and say that will never happen but how long has Linnell being covering our games now? Got to be getting on for 30 years. Be hard to follow a team for that long and not develop a connection I would have thought.

Isn't it amazing how someone can make a living for so many years doing something they are not very good at.

ecky

Gets very arsey when put to rights then cuts them off. Another arse licker on the same bandwaggon as Oggy who continues to draw the big money even though we have been a complete failure under numerous managers and owners.
thinking%20about.gif

I caught Eakins commentary on the wasps and he was very excited more so than the city... Not hard I suppose?

Ref Oggy is he the right man to be goal keeping coach?
I heard TMs comments about burgh and the positioning of his wall and where he was standing, surely that's down to Oggy?
I got the feeling Oggy won't be here for much longer

Otis

I caught Eakins commentary on the wasps and he was very excited more so than the city... Not hard I suppose?

Ref Oggy is he the right man to be goal keeping coach?
I heard TMs comments about burgh and the positioning of his wall and where he was standing, surely that's down to Oggy?
I got the feeling Oggy won't be here for much longer

I know Oggy is 'City through and through' but he has been part of the backroom team throughout all of City's dismal decline.

Now that might just be a coincidence of course, but maybe it's time to completely freshen things up across the board and as Ecky says, positioning at a wall should be a very basic for a goalkeeping coach to instill in the keepers he's working with.

rupert_bear

thinking%20about.gif
Sorry but what wtf has Oggy to do with things, he is the goalie coach and surely cannot be blamed for all goalkeeping mistakes, Burge made a superb one handed save the other night so was that down to Oggy's coaching. I think generally the last 2 matches Burge has handled okay, can't comment about the 2 free-kicks and it's walls but both free kicks should never have happened. Doesn't mean I am 100% happy with our goalkeeping situation

As for the Oggy comments looks to me like some on here are looking for a scapegoat.

Last edited:

Otis

Sorry but what wtf has Oggy to do with things, he is the goalie coach and surely cannot be blamed for all goalkeeping mistakes, Burge made a superb one handed save the other night so was that down to Oggy's coaching. I think generally the last 2 matches Burge has handled okay, can't comment about the 2 free-kicks and it's walls but both free kicks should never have happened. Doesn't mean I am 100% happy with our goalkeeping situation

As for the Oggy comments looks to me like some on here are looking for a scapegoat.

Positioning for free-kicks you would have thought had been coached by Oggy. Either Oggy didn't teach Burge very well, or Burge didn't learn the instruction properly.

Don't think people are looking for a scapegoat to be honest. It's just a fact that Oggy has been involved here with the club throughout our demise. As I say, that 's probably just a coincidence, but sometimes to move forwards in life you need to sweep away all the old cobwebs and start afresh,

rupert_bear

Both free kicks where central and right in the "D" couldn't have been in a more dangerous positions. See those scored all the time in the Prem. don't think the various goalkeeping coaches are sacked everytime a goals' scored though.

Otis

Both free kicks where central and right in the "D" couldn't have been in a more dangerous positions. See those scored all the time in the Prem. don't think the various goalkeeping coaches are sacked everytime a goals' scored though.

Nope, but Oggy's been he a long, long time and ...... well, I'm not one to tell tales, so let's just leave it at that.

rupert_bear

Think I know what you are referring to, all I'm saying sacking Oggy will not improve our current situation one iota, should Mowbary decide to change things he will in time. Interestingly Dean Kieley who worked with TM at West Brom and Middlesbrough has just taken up a post at Norwich I think.

H

Huckerby

Yeh but them prem goals are down to sublime free kicks that get up and over the wall...not a lot you can do about those when they come off.

These are down to fundamental errors in the basics of lining up a wall....I get your point but it's different and you know it

chiefdave

Throughout all the problems we've had in recent years goalkeeping has been the least of them. In fact how many times have we talked about how many points Westwood or Murphy have saved us. Both of those improved under Oggy. Even if you look at this season Allsop improved dramatically and Burge has been much better since he's come into the side, something many people were dreading.

Hobo

Throughout all the problems we've had in recent years goalkeeping has been the least of them. In fact how many times have we talked about how many points Westwood or Murphy have saved us. Both of those improved under Oggy. Even if you look at this season Allsop improved dramatically and Burge has been much better since he's come into the side, something many people were dreading.

Well said and observed.

georgehudson

the thread started about eakin & has veered off towards oggy ?
during the match today eakin has mentioned that we're playing colchester ?
he also finds it more important to talk about the colour of players boots

Otis

the thread started about eakin & has veered off towards oggy ?
during the match today eakin has mentioned that we're playing colchester ?
he also finds it more important to talk about the colour of players boots

Maybe he's got a foot fetish.

Users who are viewing this thread