Eakinballs (2 Viewers)

Otis

Geoff Foster today, rather than Clive.

First he said Doyle had gone off even though he was quite clearly still on the pitch and then he said Willis had been subbed (which he had), but then after Willis had gone off kept saying 'Willis with a tackle, Willis with a clearance, Willis with a pass upfield, Willis with a header'

Must have made the same mistake 7 or 8 times.

singers_pore

Now the commentary is linked to the video it becomes even more obvious had awful they are. Foster can barely string a sentence together. How the fuck did he get a job in radio?

Skybluefaz

The subs were announced as Jordan Clarke-Harris, Jordan Thompson and Jordan Shipley. Also there was the fantastic, oh its 2-1. Tony Andreu apparently over head kicked the ball. The list goes on...

PVA

Foster used to be fine, and it's clear he's a real Sky Blues fan, but he has struggled a bit since his stroke.

Winch is poor, especially his interviews. Asks the most stupid and obvious questions, a five year old could come up with better "You got on the scoresheet today...that must have been nice?" "3 points today...you must be pleased with that?"

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Yeah it’s funny Eakin is slagged off. Without him the whole programme is an utter shambles.

I personally enjoy the commentary from Eakin and Linnell, compared to other local radio stations, they’re not bad- my only objection is the amount of errors/mistakes. But, they’re not the only ones, there’s regularly texters asking why doesn’t Stevenson get a chance or picking a suggested 11, where the whole midfield is either injured, suspended or left the club months ago.

Otis

I personally enjoy the commentary from Eakin and Linnell, compared to other local radio stations, they’re not bad- my only objection is the amount of errors/mistakes. But, they’re not the only ones, there’s regularly texters asking why doesn’t Stevenson get a chance or picking a suggested 11, where the whole midfield is either injured, suspended or left the club months ago.
The amount of mistakes is embarrassing.

I think Clive Eakin does well otherwise, but half the time he can't even get the name of the opposition right and he is always getting players mixed up too.

PVA

The amount of mistakes is embarrassing.

I think Clive Eakin does well otherwise, but half the time he can't even get the name of the opposition right and he is always getting players mixed up too.

In fairness to him it's not like he's watching Man City v Man Utd where all the players are recognisable.

Its third tier football, nobody knows or recognises half the players on display so all he has to go on is shirt numbers which he might not even be able to see most of the time so he's bound to get a few opposition players mixed up

Adge

I think Linnell is the best of the bunch but that is an extremely low standard. I bet most of them are on the minimum wage. If they weren't on the radio they'd be stacking shelves at Aldi.
Hey, Aldi are not bad payers you know!? Stacking shelves at Sports Direct is more their pay scale.

Otis

In fairness to him it's not like he's watching Man City v Man Utd where all the players are recognisable.

Its third tier football, nobody knows or recognises half the players on display so all he has to go on is shirt numbers which he might not even be able to see most of the time so he's bound to get a few opposition players mixed up
He should recognise our own players though and he should know the name of the opposition!

Basics and doesn't matter what league we are in.

I wouldn't know if he is getting opposition players' names wrong, I'm talking about our own.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

He should recognise our own players though and he should know the name of the opposition!

Basics and doesn't matter what league we are in.

I wouldn't know if he is getting opposition players' names wrong, I'm talking about our own.

That is a fair comment, from watching on Ifollow for some games last season, they regularly mixed up Kelly and Doyle as I’ve mentioned before, which results in a distorted reflection as to who contributed what, resulting in moron callers who hadn’t been to the game (Nick from Birmingham for example) ringing up to complain, based on what they’ve heard on the radio.

I do admire Stuart Linnel’s enthusiasm mind

bringbackrattles

Talking about the radio and phone-ins you should have listened to Five Lives 606 programme last night, non stop moaning and whinging from fans. Chelsea supporters predicting doom and gloom because they lost in the Charity Shield, and a Stoke City fan wanting their manager out seeing Leeds beat them. And after the first game of the season,unbelievable !

bringbackrattles

I'm so glad no-one hear has ever called for Robins' head.
The Stoke fan said why did Gary Rowett get the manager job ? He went on to say what's he done ?
Chris Sutton defended Rowett though, saying he's a good manager, doing well at Burton, badly treated at Brum, and did well at Derby. The Stoke fan backed off then. In fact Sutton kept saying " Its the first game of the season for crying out loud ! "

Sky Blue Harry H

Now the commentary is linked to the video it becomes even more obvious had awful they are. Foster can barely string a sentence together. How the fuck did he get a job in radio?

Sorry if anybody has replied earlier, but Geoff was a good and humorous reporter. When he had his stroke a few years back, it was quite clear that his speech skills had been affected, through whatever damage that does to your brain. Sorry for him - glad he has recovered, but it doesn't make for an effective commentator. Wonder if his bosses are reluctant to do anything about it due to equal opps laws, or if it is down to a sense of loyalty?

Users who are viewing this thread