Early bird prices out: (1 Viewer)

H

Huckerby

I'm in for the 6 match package. Good deal and will force me to at least go that many times

chiefdave

They'll try i guess. Not sure exactly how it's done but i do know football gets first dibs. Rugby daysand times are sorted according to bt if they want the game televised. If they don't the club can play when it wants/is able.

I believe that is just simply the FL generate their fixtures first and supply them to whoever it is that sorts the rugby fixtures out and they ensure theres no clashes. Fixtures in general aren't as random as some people think. For example the police can request that Villa and Birmingham don't have home games the same weekend and the league will work round it.

Ashdown

I would just reiterate that people should get all the facts before they dive in to buy ST's this time around, you might do more harm than good:

1, Cost of tickets.........we know that now.
2, Manager and Coaching plus scouting...........still to be decided.
3, Squad, dependent on choice of 2
4, Budget..........what really will be offered to any manager to put together a competitive team.
5, Fixture List, when and on what days will we mostly play ?
6, SISU's relationship with Wasps and possible rental increases, extra revenues, stadium based merchandise etc ?

I just think that after all the recent let downs and mistruths City fans deserve to know more of the facts and true ambitions before investing. It is after all the only leverage supporters have over the owners by delaying handing over a substantial chunk of money.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I would just reiterate that people should get all the facts before they dive in to buy ST's this time around, you might do more harm than good:

4, Budget..........what really will be offered to any manager to put together a competitive team.
6, SISU's relationship with Wasps and possible rental increases, extra revenues, stadium based merchandise etc ?

I just think that after all the recent let downs and mistruths City fans deserve to know more of the facts and true ambitions before investing. It is after all the only leverage supporters have over the owners by delaying handing over a substantial chunk of money.

As I said if they can convince Mowbray to sign a new deal that would be good enough for me, until the manager for the next season is confirmed I will probably wait.

ccfc92

100% agree.

But we do have a few Ostriches.

Nick

Administrator

Why would buying a season ticket do more harm than good? The other options is to pay ticket prices every week, biting nose off to spite isn't it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Why would buying a season ticket do more harm than good? The other options is to pay ticket prices every week, biting nose off to spite isn't it.
I guess he's saying once they have peoples season ticket money they won't be interested in putting out a competitive team, I'm not sure I agree with it but I understand the argument.

ccfc92

I guess he's saying once they have peoples season ticket money they won't be interested in putting out a competitive team, I'm not sure I agree with it but I understand the argument.

Did you see a competitive team this season?

Nick

Administrator

It is catch 22, if nobody buys they won't be able to afford to put out a competitive team as most of the income is from ticket sales.

ccfc92

It is catch 22, if nobody buys they won't be able to afford to put out a competitive team as most of the income is from ticket sales.

and if everybody buys, and they don't put out a competitive team....?

Nick

Administrator
No, it's too late, I've bought one.

Nice side step from the question BTW ;)

It really depends on the person though doesn't it. I am buying one because it saves me money, it saves me the hassle of going to the shop every week to convert match package tickets and pick up a JSB ticket like I was doing last season. I will be going to as many games as I can anyway, so it is a win win.

ccfc92

It really depends on the person though doesn't it. I am buying one because it saves me money, it saves me the hassle of going to the shop every week to convert match package tickets and pick up a JSB ticket like I was doing last season. I will be going to as many games as I can anyway, so it is a win win.

I think you're missing the point. Understandable :)

Nick

Administrator
I think you're missing the point. Understandable :)

Not really missing the point as I don't go to support my team based on league position.

I'm not buying a season ticket to line SISU's pockets, I am buying one because it is cheaper for me and less hassle. :)

At least if they don't spend mega millions I can moan about it then, rather than people who don't give a penny but moan we haven't signed Messi.*

*I know people haven't actually mentioned Messi, it is slightly exaggerated. Except for that guy at a Fans forum a couple of years ago who was asking about millions and millions!

ccfc92

Not really missing the point as I don't go to support my team based on league position.

I'm not saying you do. What I am saying, is many people feel the club can push on from where they are ATM.

We basically have a clean budget with only 7 or 8 senior players contracted, so can build our squad as we please. We could really build a squad that fans will want to pay £250 up front to support.

But do you believe, after the clubs track record, people will be queuing up to buy these STs?

Nick

Administrator
I'm not saying you do. What I am saying, is many people feel the club can push on from where they are ATM.

We basically have a clean budget with only 7 or 8 senior players contracted, so can build our squad as we please. We could really build a squad that fans will want to pay £250 up front to support.

But do you believe, after the clubs track record, people will be queuing up to buy these STs?

It is up to them, the usual core will be getting them. The better pricing has really helped and if that sort out finance options then even more will buy them.

I hope the club take as many reasons / excuses not to get one away from fans. (pricing, finance etc).

Edit: The club has already addressed the price issue people had, they now need to address the pay monthly issue, then if they address the TM issue and squad issue it still wouldn't be good enough for some.

ccfc92

It is up to them, the usual core will be getting them. The better pricing has really helped and if that sort out finance options then even more will buy them.

I hope the club take as many reasons / excuses not to get one away from fans. (pricing, finance etc).

Edit: The club has already addressed the price issue people had, they now need to address the pay monthly issue, then if they address the TM issue and squad issue it still wouldn't be good enough for some.

I do believe that, if the club show some investment, or willing to be competitive, ST sales will rise, possibly to 8K plus walk ups.

All it takes is a bit of pro-active actions from the club, and you'll have 15K up there regularly again.

The fans have been served pure shite for years, and the fact we still have around 8,000 is admirable of the SBA IMO.

ccfcway

We are no different from every other club.

5th place Liverpool fans paid to fly a plane asking to get rid of rodgers and also protested by staying away at Hull due to ticket prices.

Raggs

Rugby fixtures come out at the start of the season, but the days aren't fixed. If the football fixtures come out first I guess wasps can ask to try and fit in with that as much as possible. Rugby fixtures then get fixed in blocks as BT decide which games they're televising, then they work to club preference where possible.

Fairly sure sale sharks share, and own the ground, it's nothing to do with the ownership though. As mentioned, most likely down to the pitch. Incidentally, the pitch looked far far better last week, still cutting a little, but almost nothing compared to the start. The new hybrid will be absolutely fine.

ecky

Same here although this season has been shocking if Sisu come out early and I mean in the next 2 weeks with clear intentions and true investment and commitment regarding TM and team funding then 3 of us will commit to buying season tickets.

It's upto you Joy fisher and Waggott?
What do you want to do? Invest?speculate to accumulate? or carry on with the same shite you have served up?

rupert_bear

Not down to prices, it's down to wether Tony Mowbray is manager or not, if he is confirmed then he will probably have been given some positive indication of reasonable backing somewhere near to his requirement.

The ball is firmly in Steve Waggott's court.

Mr T - Sukka!

Intresting they have the JR in July and are trying to make as much money as possible beforehand.

I keep thinking back to the crewe game. Could i sit through 23 games of that?

What happens if SISU get their panties in a bunch and fall oit with wasps and threatem to move again :)

Despite all that i think i will get one :)

Gaz71

I've just renewed for myself and son and agree with Nick, we go to support our team regardless of the off field politics, get your tickets early, save some money, encourage TM to stay, new kit and supplier on the way, fully stocked club shop, new signings, crap players cleared out, let's be positive.

Ashdown

Some people will want to rush and take a discount I accept that if they were going to renew irrespective of conditions but after the last few years surely there aren't many of these guys left? The point was, not to abandon your plans to purchase but to hold back and enable some pressure on the owners to put things in place for a better season. I don't agree with Nicks idea that the club will wait till all incoming pennies have been counted before making playing and management decisions, if they do that you can expect Mowbray to sail back up the A1 to the North East and all primary targets to be snapped up by other clubs.

Nick

Administrator
Some people will want to rush and take a discount I accept that if they were going to renew irrespective of conditions but after the last few years surely there aren't many of these guys left? The point was, not to abandon your plans to purchase but to hold back and enable some pressure on the owners to put things in place for a better season. I don't agree with Nicks idea that the club will wait till all incoming pennies have been counted before making playing and management decisions, if they do that you can expect Mowbray to sail back up the A1 to the North East and all primary targets to be snapped up by other clubs.
I can see it now, people not getting one because early bird had finished and they have waited too long and aren't happy they don't get the same price as early bird.

Ashdown

I can see it now, people not getting one because early bird had finished and they have waited too long and aren't happy they don't get the same price as early bird.

You will never please everyone, surely most people would want to see if the owners are going to fob everyone off with yet another cost cut squad and a cheap easy sycophant for a manager ?

chiefdave

The budget will no doubt have been based on selling a certain number of season tickets. That total is likely to have been broken down so they have an expectation to have sold a certain number by a certain date. With your plan those numbers will be way down, at that point do you think it is more likely SISU decide to increase the budget in the hope of selling more tickets or start worrying they are going to have to cover losses and cut the budget?

If no one is prepared to put their money up we aren't really in a strong position to criticise SISU if they do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread