eBike (1 Viewer)

JAM See

Anybody got one?

Thinking of treating myself, but have no idea where to start

shmmeee

Missus has one, swears by it, but she’s Dutch. I’m not allowed to ride it (and it’s a very girly bike) so can’t comment myself.

Think she paid £1200 or so?

JAM See

Missus has one, swears by it, but she’s Dutch. I’m not allowed to ride it (and it’s a very girly bike) so can’t comment myself.

Think she paid £1200 or so?
I was gonna highlight the first six words of the second sentence and ask 'The missus or the bike?'

But I can't because the reply box is fucked.

CBS16

I've got one it's class. Cost about 700 quid on Amazon. Charge it every other day so batterys ok and it's rapid

JAM See

I've got one it's class. Cost about 700 quid on Amazon. Charge it every other day so batterys ok and it's rapid
What's the model please?

Travs

I've got an e-bike.

Very worthwhile... a godsend in the Lake District with all the hills. Expensive though, mine was £3100

But you need to pick the one that is correct for you... if you're an experienced cyclist and just want a bit of assistance to help you extend your rides, then get a road/racing bike which will have a smaller motor, but will allow you to use the bike motor-less without much additional weight.

If you just want to get around as easily as possible then i'd recommend getting a touring/hybrid bike with a bigger motor, but these tend to be a lot heavier and really you need to use the motor all the time. (this is the option i took, as it came with in-built lights, mudguards, luggage attachments etc)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Every time I see this thread title I just think Yorkshire have got Le Grand Depart of the Tour de France again.

Kneeza

We have a couple of folding e-bikes. E-Go Max. Pretty decent tbf.
Thinking about converting my Scott Sportster hybrid now too.
Must be getting old!

Users who are viewing this thread