Eccles (1 Viewer)

Hobo

If I see his name on the team sheet later I’ll be making the decision to watch the Man City game instead. He’s caused too much pain and suffering this season already
For me Eccles starts.

skyblue1991

If I see his name on the team sheet later I’ll be making the decision to watch the Man City game instead. He’s caused too much pain and suffering this season already
cccd10bdc4b4d9a887dd007293ce8419.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Specs WT-R75

Some stats that

Shocked me
It's almost like Robin's knows what he is doing isn't it! Don't get me wrong sometimes statistics can lie, but over this large a sample size it's clear that he is an integral part of what we have been doing this season.

In any case I will be absolutely astounded if Eccles isn't in the starting 11 tonight. He does have a big decision to make with Sheaf/Kelly/Allen/Godden... roll on 8pm where all the answers will be provided!

slowpoke

Wouldn’t surprise if Eccles is injured he just sat down Sunday and got treatment and went straight off applauding the fans as he went, not a good sign as if he pulled a muscle or something, fingers crossed for him.

SBT

He’s been really good this season - pretty well established part of the first team squad now, which is impressive considering the stick he was getting from some quarters at the start of the year.

Otis

He’s been really good this season - pretty well established part of the first team squad now, which is impressive considering the stick he was getting from some quarters at the start of the year.
I've been impressed with him from what I've seen

Hobo

It's almost like Robin's knows what he is doing isn't it! Don't get me wrong sometimes statistics can lie, but over this large a sample size it's clear that he is an integral part of what we have been doing this season.

In any case I will be absolutely astounded if Eccles isn't in the starting 11 tonight. He does have a big decision to make with Sheaf/Kelly/Allen/Godden... roll on 8pm where all the answers will be provided!

I think Eccles is often given a specific role to nullify the opposition. I think he frees up Hamer for one

Skybluecol

I'll hold my hands up, I gave him stick at the start of the season.....his performances weren't great but he was trying to get into the team and being played out of position too. What frustrated me the most was that he was hesitant in making decisions (with and without the ball). Since he got a role in his natural position he's exceeded my expectations and has put in some solid games and has improved since the season has gone on. If we don't succeed in getting promoted then he'll get even better with us next year too.

Paxman II

Very tough decision tonight for MR's. Allen and Sheaf should return as we need to press Boro' and win the ball back every time. That means Allen who has that engine. Sheaf is quality and can help maintain ball retention in the middle. Kelly has been very good in that deep roll and made it so difficult to drop him. Hamer gets to forge forward more with Kelly and Sheaf in there. Without Godden that will be important. Eccles could be the one to miss out. He can have a good game and a very indifferent game. This is a cup final, so I would place him on the bench. We must get early exchanges and not allow Boro' control of the ball. I think who scores first will be significant to the outcome in this set up. I noticed Boro' tire more than we do late on, so if we were behind a late surge with Walker, Godden & Eccles & Dabo may be effective.
I would be surprised if he goes 2 up top to start.

Specs WT-R75

Wouldn’t surprise if Eccles is injured he just sat down Sunday and got treatment and went straight off applauding the fans as he went, not a good sign as if he pulled a muscle or something, fingers crossed for him.
He was in the training photos yesterday so I suspect he is fine.

Happy_Martian

Is SIG another of the Boosh/Grendel accounts ? I don't think he's ever posted anything positive about the team... unless it was about his saviour. Another for the ignore list ?

Perryccfc

Let’s hope his name is on the team sheet then, so we can all discuss the game after and not have to read your drivel.

Boosh

Is SIG another of the Boosh/Grendel accounts ? I don't think he's ever posted anything positive about the team... unless it was about his saviour. Another for the ignore list ?

Nothing to do with me but I admire their work

Hertsccfc

It even carries on now.

It's amazing people don't realise how important he is to us.

SBbucks

I'll hold my hands up, I gave him stick at the start of the season.....his performances weren't great but he was trying to get into the team and being played out of position too. What frustrated me the most was that he was hesitant in making decisions (with and without the ball). Since he got a role in his natural position he's exceeded my expectations and has put in some solid games and has improved since the season has gone on. If we don't succeed in getting promoted then he'll get even better with us next year too.

Do you think giving him stick helped him when he was trying to establish himself in the team? Perhaps some support and encouragement might have been more helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skybluecol

Do you think giving him stick helped him when he was trying to establish himself in the team? Perhaps some support and encouragement might have been more helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats on stating the obvious. When I say stick, it was at moment when he wasn't closing down as quick as he should have or when his passing out from the back was very poor.....both he should be able to do as a midfielder....overall I encouraged but at times earlier this season I got frustrated...sorry about that. I'm a very passionate supporter....sometimes I get frustrated and take it out towards the players that make.mostakes etc. If you don't and 100% positive, 100% of the time. Then...fair play.

Users who are viewing this thread