EFL support tables (1 Viewer)

Ricketts

i nicked this from the Lincoln forum, but its interesting stuff. Shows the home and away support for all the leagues. We hold up well.

We could be a lot more if places like Exeter would sell us tickets. Doesn't include City fans sneaking into the home ends, or the hospitality sections

EFL Attendances – Part 5

theferret

i nicked this from the Lincoln forum, but its interesting stuff. Shows the home and away support for all the leagues. We hold up well.

We could be a lot more if places like Exeter would sell us tickets. Doesn't include City fans sneaking into the home ends, or the hospitality sections

EFL Attendances – Part 5

It's out of date as it doesn't include our 4K at Notts County. Our away average now over 1300 so we're in top stop. Will be pipped by Luton though as they have their big following at Notts County on the last day.

steve82

EFL Attendances – Part 5

Exeter would of given just 300 to the other 22 teams in the league as well so it’s fair across the board.

Be interesting to see the final away figures when it’s all updated.

I’ve seen this one previously but it’s just for home attendances but is also swelled by the so called 28k family day v Accrington.
League Two - Attendance numbers (Detailed view)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

EFL Attendances – Part 5
The total figure difference between Luton and Us is 2,192. Considering they only gave us 1000 tickets for the fixture at theirs and bought 3.5k to the Ricoh, there's your 2.5k difference. Had we of been given the opportunity I'm certain we'd of taken 5k away to both Luton and Lincoln.

I still think we have the best away following in the league, considering BOTH Luton and Lincoln are teams on the up and we're right at the bottom of a slump/shit owners/ran through the mill etc etc.
Lincoln took 20k to the CT final, we took more than double, and we'd more than outnumber them again IF we faced them in the play off final!

Grendel

The total figure difference between Luton and Us is 2,192. Considering they only gave us 1000 tickets for the fixture at theirs and bought 3.5k to the Ricoh, there's your 2.5k difference. Had we of been given the opportunity I'm certain we'd of taken 5k away to both Luton and Lincoln.

I still think we have the best away following in the league, considering BOTH Luton and Lincoln are teams on the up and we're right at the bottom of a slump/shit owners/ran through the mill etc etc.
Lincoln took 20k to the CT final, we took more than double, and we'd more than outnumber them again IF we faced them in the play off final!

Lincoln’s population is under 100,000 and I thought they took 30,000 so someone said on here

pastythegreat

Lincoln’s population is under 100,000 and I thought they took 30,000 so someone said on here
About mid way. I think it was about 25k.
The entire attendance was less than we took alone though. Sure it was about 41k

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Grendel

About mid way. I think it was about 25k.
The entire attendance was less than we took alone though. Sure it was about 41k

To match them we’d have had to take 90,000 ourselves. It’s a tremendous support level for a small town club

pastythegreat

To match them we’d have had to take 90,000 ourselves. It’s a tremendous support level for a small town club
I don't doubt it is, the point I was making though, is given the opportunity to sell 4k plus tickets at there ground (like they've been given here) and we would most Definately not be sitting 3rd in that list of away followings.

Grendel

I don't doubt it is, the point I was making though, is given the opportunity to sell 4k plus tickets at there ground (like they've been given here) and we would most Definately not be sitting 3rd in that list of away followings.

But given that we have a central base with an excellent road system and a far bigger catchment I believe the support they have is superior.

shmmeee

What’s their closest rival team? Lincolnshire is hardly a football hotbed from what I can tell. Though I haven’t looked too hard.

West Mids is really crowded with higher level teams.

You’re right though, cracking support. Ours has been shocking this season, really disappointing.

skybluetony176

But given that we have a central base with an excellent road system and a far bigger catchment I believe the support they have is superior.

You would.

We sold our entire allocation for Wembley and plenty couldn’t get a ticket so you’ll never know how much we could have sold.

clint van damme

there aren't many clubs who'd be doing better than us in terms of support given the years of decline and 50 years without a top 6 finish.

ps1948

Given that we have Leicester, Birmingham, Villa, West Brom and Walsall all within our "catchment area", and that Lincoln's nearest rival team is Scunthorpe, 28 miles away, and their catchment area is the whole of Lincolnshire, and they haven't had the recent history we have, I'd say our support is remarkable.

peace ndlovu

Given that we have Leicester, Birmingham, Villa, West Brom and Walsall all within our "catchment area", and that Lincoln's nearest rival team is Scunthorpe, 28 miles away, and their catchment area is the whole of Lincolnshire, and they haven't had the recent history we have, I'd say our support is remarkable.
Couldn't agree more. I think people who constantly bemoan our support don't fully consider the purgatory of the last 17 years, the 47 years without a top 6 finish etc.
I think if a similar fate had befallen Leicester, Stoke, Southampton etc, there attendance figures would be similar if not worse. Although Leicester and Southampton had great attendances in their brief dalliance with the third tier, that was in the context of recent successes such as cup finals, play off placings etc.

Users who are viewing this thread