EFL to end season this week - City likely to be promoted (3 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

It was this comment:
I'd like Wycombe to win the playoffs, and face the prospect of playing behind closed doors in a higher league, with bigger expenditure, with fuck all income for the rest of 2020.

They'd be bust come January, and I for one would piss my sides laughing.

How delightful this character is
You'd think for a club that has had some bumpy times recently and looking at major problems their fans would have a bit of empathy. If things don't change they'll be sending collection buckets around grounds and talking about the football family before long.

Gibbo

First reply to that is from a Tranmere fan "shows clubs are all out for themselves and integrity/fairness counts for nothing", you couldn't make it up!
Oh give it a break don't be a hypocrite Were we in their shoes, you would be saying exactly the same as the Tranmere fans. Clubs should be all out for themselves, that is their job. The EFL act as arbiters to ensure fair play, but clubs must fight for their own self interest. This is not a kiddy's palyground

D

Deleted member 4439

It was this comment:
I'd like Wycombe to win the playoffs, and face the prospect of playing behind closed doors in a higher league, with bigger expenditure, with fuck all income for the rest of 2020.

They'd be bust come January, and I for one would piss my sides laughing.

How delightful this character is

I liked this one
Wycombe have lost 8 of their last 13, and have won 1 away game since mid-November, and their game in hand that squeezed them into the playoffs on PPG, is Coventry away - who are runaway leaders, unbeaten in 13, and beat Wycombe 4-1 away in that run...

To be fair, even before the current events I've sensed on that forum a move away from the rivalry that seems to have been manufactured over recent years. As for current events, 95% of the comments are more than fair to us.

Frank Sidebottom

I liked this one
Wycombe have lost 8 of their last 13, and have won 1 away game since mid-November, and their game in hand that squeezed them into the playoffs on PPG, is Coventry away - who are runaway leaders, unbeaten in 13, and beat Wycombe 4-1 away in that run...

To be fair, even before the current events I've sensed on that forum a move away from the rivalry that seems to have been manufactured over recent years. As for current events, 95% of the comments are more than fair to us.
Just think, In 40 years time some 20 year old Sunderland and Wycombe fans will be 'hoying' rocks at each other outside Adams Park about this, Whilst a 60 year old Makem shouts abuse at a statue of Akinfenwa.

Otis

Just think, In 40 years time some 20 year old Sunderland and Wycombe fans will be 'hoying' rocks at each other outside Adams Park about this, Whilst a 60 year old Makem shouts abuse at a statue of Akinfenwa.
Then they will be arguing if people were there.

An Akinfenwa statue would be so wide loads of people would have turned up and never have known if others were there too.

Alkhen

Ha, post of the week

That's worth putting on the Sunderland forum

Grendel

I liked this one

And the other 5% is Astute

no_loyalty

Can Bristol City recall Walsh for their fixture restart?

shepardo01

So does that mean Walsh has to accept that option in other words is he out of contract or in a contract
The club have the option. It is the clubs choice generally but sometimes other factors might be written into contracts that automatically trigger an option. Eg, after 20 appearances....

Magwitch

The club have the option. It is the clubs choice generally but sometimes other factors might be written into contracts that automatically trigger an option. Eg, after 20 appearances....
So if for example Walsh wanted to leave Bristol City and join us or anyone else for that matter Bristol could stop him even though he has not signed a contract yet.

shepardo01

So if for example Walsh wanted to leave Bristol City and join us or anyone else for that matter Bristol could stop him even though he has not signed a contract yet.
The option means he doesn't sign...it is the clubs choice... they extend (trigger) the extra year if they want to or if contractual aspects do it anyway.... automatically rolls into the next year.
If we want him... we pay a fee for him. Providing BC will let him go.

oldfiver

The option means he doesn't sign...it is the clubs choice... they extend (trigger) the extra year if they want to or if contractual aspects do it anyway.... automatically rolls into the next year.

I understand he has been recalled by Bristol City so decision made

jordan210

Oh look the Peterborough co chairman is bigging up the Tranmere idea.

I guess its easy to make it look like you are helping everyone, when you get a play off place.

The run up to Tuesday is going to be tedious with everyone pushing their own agenda this weekend

Last edited:

Magwitch

Looks to me Bristol’s interest has blossomed due to his performances here and not sure if they really want him or a transfer fee, it seems similar to the position Bright was in last year. Might depend on wether Bristol go up to the Prem or not which might not be known until the end of July, I’m sure Robins is head of the game on this though.

shepardo01

Looks to me Bristol’s interest has blossomed due to his performances here and not sure if they really want him or a transfer fee, it seems similar to the position Bright was in last year. Might depend on wether Bristol go up to the Prem or not which might not be known until the end of July, I’m sure Robins is head of the game on this though.
Could be due to the fact that the match day squad will be bigger when the championship resumes with 5 subs allowed and bigger numbers on bench... has obviously played his way into the reckoning of the manager.
Thinking outside the box, depending on the wage agreement between the clubs, he may well have "gone back" as soon as furlough was announced so BC could pay his wages which would have also lessened the burden on CCFC.
If he is in their squads in the next few weeks, we'll probably know we won't see him with us next year.

chiefdave

Oh look the Peterborough co chairman is bigging up the Tranmere idea.

I guess its easy to make it look like you are helping everyone, when you get a play off place.

The run up to Tuesday is going to be tedious with everyone pushing their own agenda this weekend

Even if you believe his massively over simplified version of the financial situation he's talking about an extra team being in L1 next season. The knock on effect is L2 being one team short so the teams with the least income would lose more money.

wingy

How much do we get and how much will we have to pay back from this deal as in the telegraph (daily) states that all 72 clubs are involved due to the suspension of the season do not get how it works as some S W fans seem to think Sky are also getting more games.
It's not disclosed in the article but recouped via the remaining three years of the deal.

better days

How come they have to pay millions back if the fixtures are being played and shown live on Sky?
Because during the last 3 months many punters have 'paused' their subscriptions and Sky have lost £millions in income
They obviously have the games now providing the season finishes but it's in a compressed period

Users who are viewing this thread