Elliott (1 Viewer)

Clarke misses way too many, but his scoring ratio cannot be ignored so he is definite starter. I would go with the following for Bournemouth;

Murphy
Christie Edge Wood Dickinson
Baker Jennings Bailey Fleck
McSheffrey
Clarke

Mucca Mad Boys

he puts the ball in the net i grant you,but misses too many.his starting position for crosses is poor too,he is always at the far post,meaning the two centre half need to miss the ball for clarke to get it,cause he won't run towards it.but when he does he scores,he should do it everytime.and not physical enough

McGoldrick was just as guilty for missing clear-cut chances, he clocked up some terrible misses, yet he doesn't get criticised, and we still played well and scored goals as a team. Service hasn't been great for Clarke either, if he gets a chance, the chances are, he will score!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Moussa linked up with Clarke - people have said he needs Elliott to link up - and he did a decent pass to start off a move, his movement was also good, he did drag players out of position.

What do expect him to do in such a short time? I think it's criminal he played CM and Fleck LM when the 2 were on, clearly neither are capable of them positions in a 4-4-2.

Elliott was ok v Sheff U, good assist, but that's all he's done in February, v Yeovil, he was ok, v Crewe, he and Clarke were both shit and should've tucked away at least 1 of their chances. GK was good but there were some shots that were good chances but shot them straight at their GK, e.g. Cut-back from the right (Baker or Christie) Clarke shoots it straight to Phillips.

Elliott, as I've said many a time, gave the ball away about every time he got the ball v Crewe Wednesday and yesterday, no goal to show for his 'hard work' since January, if Clarke went on the same run, he'd have been sent to the guillotine by now, that's not even joking the way some fans go on! ;)

As for Moussa, he's been played in a formation that doesn't suit him and it shows, I personally would start Fleck there, see how he gets on, I'd start Thomas in CM and probably Moussa LM, said it for such a long time, if they do shit, revert back, we've got the midfielders to rotate.

For me, Elliott is at his best as an impact sub, no more, no less.

You know what, for all the 'hating' I do for 4-4-2, it wouldn't bother me if we actually had 2 strikers to play there, Elliott isn't good enough to play alongside Clarke and quite frankly, Clarke has carried that partnership, he looks a class above him.

Answer this question:

Do you think Elliott is worth starting ahead of a talented midfielder? Yes or no.

No, show me this talented midfielder

Users who are viewing this thread