Transfer Rumour Ellis Simms (2 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We actually controlled a lot of the possession, we were probing all night, even the Baggies commentators said so. There take was about right…If we could take our chances we would have got something. Its no good smashing up the rest of the team.
It was more or less over by half time . A draw would have felt like a win.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

How does torp gets credit for his worst performance since he signed? He was fucking awful, slow, had no bite in midfield and was completely walked through all night and his delivery from set pieces was piss poor. Had a decent 10 minute spell In the second half when everyone had their tails up and that was it. I can accept it was just one of those nights.

Honestly makes you look like just have an agenda against Ellis when you highlight every poor thing he did whilst ignoring the good (link up play with Eccles first half, winning his Individual battles against their CBs, the amount of corners he won us from nothing positions) the lad was in a graveyard shift all night the service was abysmal again whilst O’Hare jogged around not interested and Torp was non existent first half and most of the second.
Simms won some corners. Wow.
He's a donkey and I really hope he proves me wrong .

As for Torp, how many games has he actually played so far ? Simms has been given almost a full season and people are still saying he needs a few more games under his belt. He's had almost a full season . It's not working is it ?

Ashdown

As for Torp, how many games has he actually played so far ? Simms has been given almost a full season and people are still saying he needs a few more games under his belt. He's had almost a full season . It's not working is it ?
He's snatched a few goals, a few tap ins and a handful of better goals but most of them v 6th tier opposition. His overall game is poor, no real aggression, can’t control a ball, blasts the ball into row Z too often, cant head the ball.
Not good enough.

HadjiChippo

A donkey? really mate chill out with the hyperbole. He’s a 23 year old lad adjusting to a new team whilst getting very little service.

Yeah, winning corners up top on your own is one of the tasks of a lone number 9. Not much else he can do when the rest of the team are half the pitch away from him.

One season of sub appearances and sporadic starts, if we followed your line of thinking we’d have never signed Gyo. The one time he’s had a run of 90 minute games he actually started scoring.

One bad performance (amongst a team of bad performances) and people are trying to run him out of the club. Fucking fickle shit makes me sick.

Grendel

A donkey? really mate chill out with the hyperbole. He’s a 23 year old lad adjusting to a new team whilst getting very little service.

Yeah, winning corners up top on your own is one of the tasks of a lone number 9. Not much else he can do when the rest of the team are half the pitch away from him.

One season of sub appearances and sporadic starts, if we followed your line of thinking we’d have never signed Gyo. The one time he’s had a run of 90 minute games he actually started scoring.

One bad performance (amongst a team of bad performances) and people are trying to run him out of the club. Fucking fickle shit makes me sick.

Hes not a lad he’s a man. Gyokeres scored 3 goals when on loan. Simms has started over 20 games.

HadjiChippo

Hes not a lad he’s a man. Gyokeres scored 3 goals when on loan. Simms has started over 20 games.
Players hit their peaks around 27-32. Simms just turned 23 and is at his first permanent club since breaking through. It’s not a lot to ask for people to give him time and not resort to fucking calling him a donkey.

This negative shit does nothing but harm. Just seems like people were waiting for his brief bit of form to end to jump on him again.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Players hit their peaks around 27-32. Simms just turned 23 and is at his first permanent club since breaking through. It’s not a lot to ask for people to give him time and not resort to fucking calling him a donkey.

This negative shit does nothing but harm. Just seems like people were waiting for his brief bit of form to end to jump on him again.
Every opportunity to make excuses for Simms who has almost a whole season under his belt.
You criticise "negative shit" but freely throw criticism at Torp, who has barely begun his career with us and has clearly more skill, vision etc than the rest of the squad.

HadjiChippo

Every opportunity to make excuses for Simms who has almost a whole season under his belt.
You criticise "negative shit" but feel free to throw criticism at Torp, who has barely begun his career with us and has clearly more skill, vision etc than the rest of the squad.
Torp had a bad game that I said was “just one of those nights” meaning, it happens to every player but isn’t a knock on his ability

You calling Simms a donkey whilst giving Torp credit is bizarre mate, and looks odd to me. Simms did a lot more in his role than Vik did last night yet here you are trying to force Ellis out when he’s not even had a full season for us.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Torp had a bad game that I said was “just one of those nights” meaning, it happens to every player but isn’t a knock on his ability

You calling Simms a donkey whilst giving Torp credit is bizarre mate, and looks odd to me. Simms did a lot more in his role than Vik did last night yet here you are trying to force Ellis out when he’s not even had a full season for us.
Simms did more than Vik ? That's new territory we've entered there.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Perhaps he'll come good in about 5 years then. Investment for the future.

HadjiChippo

Simms did more than Vik ? That's new territory we've entered there.
In their roles yeah. I rewatched the game this morning, I think people are ignoring the good simms did and focusing on the poor effort in the box in first half and the second half effort that he skied.

His link up play, positioning and hassling of the CBs was exactly what you want out of a number 9. We had no one up there with him to help out but when he did it worked (see Eccles and Palmer both being put through his link up play)

Vik was sluggish from moment 1, got completely overrun by their CMs, was poor in the tackle, his positioning and passing was off and his set pieces were poor. He had his moments in a 10 minute spell around our penalty.

neither were fantastic obviously, but simms but in a better shift than Vik in my opinion. Simms was nowhere near bad enough to be called a donkey or forced out the club.

Last edited:

hill83

In their roles yeah. I rewatched the game this morning, I think people are ignoring the good simms did and focusing on the poor effort in the box in first half and the second half effort that he skied.

His link up play, positioning and hassling of the CBs was exactly what you want out of a number 9. We had no one up there with him to help out but when he did it worked (see Eccles and Palmer both being put through his link up play)

Vik was sluggish from moment 1, got completely overrun by their CMs, was poor in the tackle, his positioning and passing was off and his set pieces were poor. He had his moments in a 10 minute spell around our equaliser.

neither were fantastic obviously, but simms but in a better shift than Vik in my opinion. Simms was nowhere near bad enough to be called a donkey or forced out the club.

He probably thinks you mean Gyokeres

Mucca Mad Boys

Torp had a bad first half but picked up in the second. It’s where most of our energy came from midfield.

We keep losing the midfield battles and clearly miss the quality of Sheaf in the team.

Mucca Mad Boys

Vik was sluggish from moment 1, got completely overrun by their CMs, was poor in the tackle, his positioning and passing was off and his set pieces were poor. He had his moments in a 10 minute spell around our equaliser.

Simms had a few chances that he fluffed and silly mistakes on the ball which has made him a scapegoat. He needed to do a lot better in 2-3 instances. The reality is, however, is that neither Wright or Simms had decent service.

Whose responsibility is that? We played a lot of side to side passes and lacked any accuracy advancing the ball forward.

Gyokeres is very obviously better than both our options this year, but he did have the benefit of having Hamer feeding him passes.

no_loyalty

He looked a world beater against non league opposition, but a carpet beater against decent championship defenders.

CCFCSteve

Torp had a bad first half but picked up in the second. It’s where most of our energy came from midfield.

We keep losing the midfield battles and clearly miss the quality of Sheaf in the team.

Yeah, thought Torp looked a lot better second half. Set up was all wrong first half and players didn’t seem to know their positions. Unsurprisingly they overran us in midfield.

Some sublime touches and bits of close control. Had maybe best chance of the game when he shot tamely at the keeper but really do think he could be some player for us next year.

HadjiChippo

Simms had a few chances that he fluffed and silly mistakes on the ball which has made him a scapegoat. He needed to do a lot better in 2-3 instances. The reality is, however, is that neither Wright or Simms had decent service.

Whose responsibility is that? We played a lot of side to side passes and lacked any accuracy advancing the ball forward.

Gyokeres is very obviously better than both our options this year, but he did have the benefit of having Hamer feeding him passes.
I can’t defend Simms on his finishing, I said it last night too. His finishing needs work, and I never want him shooting from outside the box again. He has this need to absolute put his foot through everything and it’s been the same since the first game of the season against Leicester.

But his other areas are coming along nicely. I really think if he continues developing and we develop a playing style that feeds chances into the 18 yard box he’ll score plenty of goals. He’s a target man/poacher, not a complete striker that Gyo was.

he’s a million miles from being called a “donkey”

Boicey

Are we talking about Viktor Gyökeres who scored in that game against Benfica who top the Portuguese premier league. That bloke?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He probably thinks you mean Gyokere

neither were fantastic obviously, but simms but in a better shift than Vik in my opinion. Simms was nowhere near bad enough to be called a donkey or forced out the club
Simms is a striker. It's not working. It hasn't worked all season. If we as a club want to progress towards the premier league then players of this quality will not help us get there. His all round game isn't good enough. Every aspect of his play is at best very average and much of it is poor.
To say Torp was worse doesn't in any way make Simms a better player. He isn't as good a striker as Torp is in midfield.
Simms will do a very good job in League 1 but the upper reaches of the Championship require far better .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I can’t defend Simms on his finishing, I said it last night too. His finishing needs work, and I never want him shooting from outside the box again. He has this need to absolute put his foot through everything and it’s been the same since the first game of the season against Leicester.

But his other areas are coming along nicely. I really think if he continues developing and we develop a playing style that feeds chances into the 18 yard box he’ll score plenty of goals. He’s a target man/poacher, not a complete striker that Gyo was.

he’s a million miles from being called a “donkey”
He's a striker. Your first paragraph says it all. What's he actually good at ?

You could pick any striker from any league 1 team and suggest he'd be really good if he could improve on this or work on that.

Mucca Mad Boys

No idea didn’t see last night’s game, was dragged to a quiz by the wife.
Explains a lot. In the first half we played the box and couldn’t play through WBA at all and all they (WBA) needed to do was to shuffle side to side to nullify us.

We could’ve played Haaland upfront and he wouldn’t have done much.

The issue with our performances isn’t who’s up front. We just don’t create good enough chances and haven’t for a while.

Hertsccfc

Explains a lot. In the first half we played the box and couldn’t play through WBA at all and all they (WBA) needed to do was to shuffle side to side to nullify us.

We could’ve played Haaland upfront and he wouldn’t have done much.

The issue with our performances isn’t who’s up front. We just don’t create good enough chances and haven’t for a while.
Simms had three clear cut chances, one which he scuffed and two ballooned over the bar. The one in the first half was in the box and he was completely on his own in loads of space.

We have O'Hare, Palmer and Torp in midfield who are all creative players.

Mr Panda

Simms had three clear cut chances. The one in the first half was in the box and he was completely on his own in loads of space.

We have O'Hare, Palmer and Torp in midfield who are all creative players.

Three clear cut? I’m not sure about that. Even the one he got completely wrong would have been a high quality finish if it had gone in.

HadjiChippo

Simms is a striker. It's not working. It hasn't worked all season. If we as a club want to progress towards the premier league then players of this quality will not help us get there. His all round game isn't good enough. Every aspect of his play is at best very average and much of it is poor.
To say Torp was worse doesn't in any way make Simms a better player. He isn't as good a striker as Torp is in midfield.
Simms will do a very good job in League 1 but the upper reaches of the Championship require far better .
The point was you said you gave Torp credit despite a bad performance, whilst slinging tonnes of shit at Simms for a bad performance (“donkey” , “get rid” etc.,)

Overall Torp is a fantastic player from he’s shown pre last night, Just confused why he gets credit when he did barely anything against WBA.

You focus on Simms when the entire team performance wasn’t good (exceptions being Palmer and Eccles)

HadjiChippo

He's a striker. Your first paragraph says it all. What's he actually good at ?

You could pick any striker from any league 1 team and suggest he'd be really good if he could improve on this or work on that.
He had the beating individually of both their CBs last night, but was isolated up top.

Won us corners from nothing (one that should’ve led to our equaliser through Eccles)

It’s exactly what you ask a lone target man to do. Win throw ins and corners, get you further up the pitch. His runs for through balls were good and well timed but when he was in the box COH and Palmer were nowhere near him.

Users who are viewing this thread