Embarrassed to be a Cov fan (2 Viewers)

WillenhallSkyBlues

Robs lying, he's probably one of the blokes in his 30's that still lives with his mum and goes to the game in a full kit and begs for pictures off sky blue sam

Purely posted that for attention, if it would have happened kev monks would have posted it covmad by now as he don't sleep just gives updates that page haha

If rob was telling the truth he would have posted the link to this page instead he just talked about it.

CUS Wyken

Every team has a element like that? If donny fans gave it the large one then what did they expect? I didn't see anything resembling aggro yesterday but I didn't venture in the town after. Nowadays if your going to fight up the football then expect a knock on the door. 2 years is just not worth it.

Changeyourface

Robs lying, he's probably one of the blokes in his 30's that still lives with his mum and goes to the game in a full kit and begs for pictures off sky blue sam

Purely posted that for attention, if it would have happened kev monks would have posted it covmad by now as he don't sleep just gives updates that page haha

If rob was telling the truth he would have posted the link to this page instead he just talked about it.

Kev Monks mentioned it on his shit website, coudn't have managed to get it more wrong!

rob9872

Sorry guys, you can amke your own minds up, but a friend who works for the South Yorkshire Police asked me if I had heard about it as I had told him earlier in the week I would be at the game. I told him I wasn't aware but sent him details of this thread as it seemed plausible it could be linked. You are welcome to go ahead posting, but don't be surprised if it gets pulled at any time soon.

Macca

Whole load of difference in a little punch up and kicking people in the face. Cowardly and downright fucking dangerous. Wheres the need?

Marty

Whole load of difference in a little punch up and kicking people in the face. Cowardly and downright fucking dangerous. Wheres the need?

Small man syndrome, thats all it is. Havent you heard kicking defenceless people in the face makes you a big man these days.

WillenhallSkyBlues

I swear the lad you are onabout left the train station in handcuffs, so if your friend in the south yorkshire police does know anything he would have told you about him being arrested?

rob9872

If that's true the two incidents may be unrelated but when asked the question and having read about someone being repeatedly kicked in the head I passed on what I had. HEad injuries can develop later, but I would have thought he woould have told me if it was in police custody even as part of an ongoing investigation. HE's currently on shift, but I should be able to find out a few more details later or tomorrow.

JCR1987

Here's my tuppence worth.

I was at the train station Saturday and saw most of the incident (myself and 3 mates not involved).

Firstly, we walked down through the station with the 4 young cov lads, purely by coincidence, as they were heading for the platform. As we walked through about 10 doncaster lads came down some side steps and were behind us mouthing off saying they were gonna have em. Now, we went over and sat down and left the 4 cov lads by the platform, who just went about minding their own business and clearly not wanting to get into anything with the numbers involved. Myself and my mates kept an eye on them as we'd all agreed that to let 10 lads jump on these 4 little lads (even if they were chavvy) wasn't exactly fair, but we didn't want to stand there with them as to do so would have been viewed as pretty even numbers by both parties and would inevitibly have brought something on.

We could see a couple of the younger donny lads trying to coerce the cov lads into having a go but they weren't having any of it. Then a few more cov lads filtered down to the platform and the inevitable scuffle ensued. As we saw it a couple of donny lads went for the cov lads, one cov lad pelted a can of coke right in the head of a donny lad, a bit of fisticuffs, a couple of kicks to the donny lad who was down (not nice and unnecessary) and then it all was back to handbags. To be fair there was one bloke in a white cov tracksuit who did a sterling job of verbally keeping it all relatively controlled, both of the cov lads and the donny lads.

Overall, I don't like the fighting (but if they do need to do it, find somewhere private and batter the shit out of each other, just as long as it doesn't affect me or other innocent parties), but i'd have stood up for those kids if it came to it. Fortunately i didn't have to as there were there more of their own kind who turned up and were happy to do it.

I've seen it all before, and Saturday's incident was about a 2 out of 10 in terms of what went on. The most annoying thing was the delay to the train and the hoardes of coppers who turned up about 20 minutes too late.

Covstu

I am afraid you are totally wrong m8. There are plenty of clubs with no bone headed w*nkers that think it is funny to kick someone in the face.

I agree with the poster - embarassing - and, incidently, upsetting to most normal people.

like who???

smileycov

Facebook User
Here's my tuppence worth.

I was at the train station Saturday and saw most of the incident (myself and 3 mates not involved).

Firstly, we walked down through the station with the 4 young cov lads, purely by coincidence, as they were heading for the platform. As we walked through about 10 doncaster lads came down some side steps and were behind us mouthing off saying they were gonna have em. Now, we went over and sat down and left the 4 cov lads by the platform, who just went about minding their own business and clearly not wanting to get into anything with the numbers involved. Myself and my mates kept an eye on them as we'd all agreed that to let 10 lads jump on these 4 little lads (even if they were chavvy) wasn't exactly fair, but we didn't want to stand there with them as to do so would have been viewed as pretty even numbers by both parties and would inevitibly have brought something on.

We could see a couple of the younger donny lads trying to coerce the cov lads into having a go but they weren't having any of it. Then a few more cov lads filtered down to the platform and the inevitable scuffle ensued. As we saw it a couple of donny lads went for the cov lads, one cov lad pelted a can of coke right in the head of a donny lad, a bit of fisticuffs, a couple of kicks to the donny lad who was down (not nice and unnecessary) and then it all was back to handbags. To be fair there was one bloke in a white cov tracksuit who did a sterling job of verbally keeping it all relatively controlled, both of the cov lads and the donny lads.

Overall, I don't like the fighting (but if they do need to do it, find somewhere private and batter the shit out of each other, just as long as it doesn't affect me or other innocent parties), but i'd have stood up for those kids if it came to it. Fortunately i didn't have to as there were there more of their own kind who turned up and were happy to do it.

I've seen it all before, and Saturday's incident was about a 2 out of 10 in terms of what went on. The most annoying thing was the delay to the train and the hoardes of coppers who turned up about 20 minutes too late.

So in reality, we should be pleased that we support a Club that looks after it's own. Or is 10 onto 4 okay if they look chavvy?

JCR1987

Well it wouldn't have been 10 on 4 would it; like I said we'd have gone over if something had started so it would have been 10 on 8, but I think even the donny lads saw it as a bit of an unfair fight... Until the other cov lads turned up, then it all kicked off. I'm all for backing people up, but I also have the ability to read a situation so don't need to 'give it the big un' and get embroiled in unecessary shit.

smileycov

Facebook User
You appear to have misread me, i was refering to the initial OP and the majority on here slating the young lads fighting, without it would appear the full facts (now provided by you) i was also including you in the "looking after our own" statement.

Sorry for the confusion fella PUSB

davebart

like who???

I am not prepared to name clubs that have supporters who only want to watch the game. Given the general attitude demonstrated in this thread - it would just be an invitation for 'hard' cases to go and prove that they can get in a fight anywhere.

To be honest, I have found it increasingly difficult to continue supporting City (with SISU etc) and this demonstration of regressive neanderthal thought processes amongst fellow fans adds one more nail in the coffin. .

smileycov

Facebook User
I am not prepared to name clubs that have supporters who only want to watch the game. Given the general attitude demonstrated in this thread - it would just be an invitation for 'hard' cases to go and prove that they can get in a fight anywhere.

To be honest, I have found it increasingly difficult to continue supporting City (with SISU etc) and this demonstration of regressive neanderthal thought processes amongst fellow fans adds one more nail in the coffin. .

have you read JCR1987's eyewitness account? 4 young lads were provoked and almost set upon by 10 Donny lads, the city lads didn't get involved yet the scumbags kept on. as soon as others arrived they got there just deserts. I for one would rather think that fellow cov fans would step in and defend say my son, nephew or whatever.....few more like you and the 4 lads would have taken a beating. Neanderthal or someone like you who would walk away and pretend it isn't happening i know who i would rather be at my side!!

You dont have to kick somebody in the head though whilst on the floor to defend sombody though do you? That could have been your son on the floor being kicked in the head and surely common sense would tell you that that goes beyond defense.

CUS Wyken

If you play with fire you get burnt.

If these Doncaster fans started the trouble then they deserved everything they got (Except 'if' the lad died of course)

8,000 fans attended the game Saturday and only 10 or so kick off. You only get 2,000 people up town on a Saturday night and get more fights etc...

matesx

Fuck me. What a bunch of wet flannels some of you are.

some sheltered lives on here

CUS Wyken

Fuck me. What a bunch of wet flannels some of you are.

some sheltered lives on here

Random one, i seen on another thread you know Adey from Banbury. He was in Geneva with us for the England game. His mate with glasses got slashed.

matesx

i was with Adie on Sat nite at the Specials gig - surprised he didnt tell me

smileycov

Facebook User
You dont have to kick somebody in the head though whilst on the floor to defend sombody though do you? That could have been your son on the floor being kicked in the head and surely common sense would tell you that that goes beyond defense.

I would also like to think my son wouldn't have been picking on 4 lads either! I didn't say i condoned the kicking in the head did i? i am talking about the OP and most of this thread about slating cov fans and being embarassed, as it turns out I am sure "the 4" were glad to be helped out

I would also like to think my son wouldn't have been picking on 4 lads either! I didn't say i condoned the kicking in the head did i? i am talking about the OP and most of this thread about slating cov fans and being embarassed, as it turns out I am sure "the 4" were glad to be helped out

Ok, will leave it at that then.

LastGarrison

Can't remember now if he was... Sound geezer tho. It was back in 05. Last Garrison can you remember that?

Can't remember if he was a Geordie but remember he got his glasses smashed and couldn't fly for a couple of days because of concussion.

Think there was a Geordie with us, the fat one, who started it all by giving it loads to those lads down that alley the getting on his toes.

Fair play to that Adey he went back banging doors on his own after. Game lad.

rob9872

A very disappointing haul. I think he's right as I am a 30 something attention seeker so I've decided to phone my mum up and see if my room is still available.

Macca

can we have a football factory sticky. I'm worried somebody is going to use the expression "mug" all to soon or indeed invite one to "jog on"

rob9872

I'm more bothered Danny Dyer will turn up and it will all get "pwopper nawty"

Users who are viewing this thread