End of the Green belt (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

chiefdave

17,000 of the 25,000 are on existing Brownfield sites. What alternatives have been put forward to building on green belt, they've got to build them somewhere.

Captain Dart

CovBurty

My objection to the proposed housing in Eastern Green(my area) is based on the idea of housing for local population. Most of this new development will house scummy Villa loving Brummies. WHEN the housing I'd being sold developers should only sell to City fans on proof of season ticket. Scummy Brummies living near me is a diabolical liberty!! Never mind loss of wildlife habitat. Me being included as wildlife.

pusbccfc

This will just be the start. We will be swallowed into Birmingham in the next 50 years. Just like what happened in London.

Captain Dart

The local plan zones land around Butts for housing.
JS46068716.jpg

Covstu

I must admit each time I am on the bike the spaces between towns is getting smaller, new builds popping up everywhere!

chiefdave

I must admit each time I am on the bike the spaces between towns is getting smaller, new builds popping up everywhere!
Whole system needs overhauling. I see lots of large expensive houses being built in the likes of Stratford and Warwick but not affordable homes where they are needed. Developers are allowed to hang on to banks of land for years until they get their own way.

Gazolba

So long as the population keeps increasing, and there is no sign of that ever stopping or reversing, land will be gobbled up for development.
The short-term solution is to build vertically instead of horizontally.
There is no long-term solution other than to stop the population increasing.

Users who are viewing this thread