England v Belgium (8 Viewers)

David O'Day

To think there's a poster on here who thought Henderson deserved to be in the squad ahead of Mainoo

Otis

Only negative with Bowen is that he has been a little greedy at times.

He's done really well otherwise though.

Happy with that performance from the team, the two stupid mistakes aside.

Evo1883

Again a half where we've had a decent 15 /20 minutes ..

Think branthwaite deserves 45

mark82

Only negative with Bowen is that he has been a little greedy at times.

He's done really well otherwise though.

Happy with that performance from the team, the two stupid mistakes aside.
Yeah, particularly since the goal was taken away from him. Trying to force it a bit.

Paul Anthony

Absolute defensive clangers aside..

Some good, positive play in that first half, think we got a few glimpses of what we COULD do if Southgate would just take the brakes off and let them play with a bit of freedom more often.

Now, if we could combine that AND cut out the defensive errors we might be on to something!

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Dunk has played himself out of the squad in these two games. Probably down to about 6th choice after this!
Brighton aren't exactly great at the back, it's a sign of the paucity of options that he's in the squad at all really

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

mark82

If we had a decent defence we'd be by far the best team in Europe right now, if not the world. That defence though. And I've never been convinced with Pickford either.

mark82

Brighton aren't exactly great at the back, it's a sign of the paucity of options that he's in the squad at all really

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Big believer in giving players like that a go, given the defensive frailties. We have an answer now though. I'd hook him for Branthwaite at half time.

SBT

Do you have an app that tell you when someone has slagged off Slothgate?
It’s the England match thread…

It’s not a leading question either - genuinely interested to know if Southgate is much worse at managing against top sides than his contemporaries/predecessors

Tommo1993

Toney more dangerous than Kane as well. Brilliant. Maybe at this very moment, but otherwise, no he really really isn’t.

Evo1883

Anyway , I've trashed Southgate enough , we all know the crack by now .

Let's try and beat the worst belgium team in 10 years

David O'Day

It’s the England match thread…

It’s not a leading question either - genuinely interested to know if Southgate is much worse at managing against top sides than his contemporaries/predecessors
You do only pipe up when people question Southgate

In answer to your question, have you taken into account that Southgate has a far better tea even with the ropey defence than most of the of the recent managers.

Users who are viewing this thread