England v Poland (1 Viewer)

Covstu

Well its been a while but i am getting the butterflies in the stomach about tonights game. I have fallen out of love with England of late but this game is huge! Dont agree with the extra tickets given to Poland, that is just going to make the job harder but this is one that our big stars have to turn up and perform.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

C

cw36

Easy win for the lads tonight 3-0. I am nowhere near as passionate for my Country as i am for CCFC. I bet everyone on this forum feel the same. Oh i have put the England shirt as my avatar to be different not because England come first.

Skyblueloyal

Off in 20 minutes with a car load and just hope its not like Croatia again.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair I didn't watch the one on Friday as I just don't have that buzz for England any more :( I will probably watch tonight though.

Well its been a while but i am getting the butterflies in the stomach about tonights game. I have fallen out of love with England of late but this game is huge! Dont agree with the extra tickets given to Poland, that is just going to make the job harder but this is one that our big stars have to turn up and perform.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Stu, totally agree with you regarding the FA's decision to double the away ticket allocation in what is England's most important game in four years.
The FA are totally out of touch and have shown again not fit for purpose.:facepalm:

Otis

Anyone else think we may just blow this? Missing a stack of chances. Could come back to haunt us if we don't bury one soon.

Otis

They are, but England on the whole have been excellent.

Why can't they play like this more often?

Otis

Be interesting to see what Hodgson's tactics will be second half as now we are one up he is known for going on the defensive.

Hope we don't do a City/England and try and hold on to the 1 goal lead.

Got a feeling that even though we've started brilliantly, we could end up hanging on come the last 15 mins. We desperately need a second.

Otis

Don't panic. We've still got a year and a half to go yet.

I'm sure there's plenty of time for us to get a bit worse by that time.

Sky Blue Harry H

I must admit, every time I see Sturridge he looks more and more like a half decent player. Quarter final knock out 'cos it's too hot is my guesstimate

Covstu

personally I am very optimistic, yea clearly we are not going to win the thing but we have some great youngsters and great potential. We have dropped people like milner which suck the life and soul out of the squad and brought in players who are really making an impact i.e. Townsend. I am just glad we are there and we can really breed some of these players into the class they deserve.

Cannot wait myself.

CJ_covblaze

Job complete. I'm hearing Argentina and Germany next month. So we could be watching Lionel Messi and then making the trip to Bradford a few hours hours later :)

ccfc_Tom

personally I am very optimistic, yea clearly we are not going to win the thing but we have some great youngsters and great potential. We have dropped people like milner which suck the life and soul out of the squad and brought in players who are really making an impact i.e. Townsend. I am just glad we are there and we can really breed some of these players into the class they deserve.

Cannot wait myself.
I watched the u21 match vs lithuania before and although they were pretty crap ravel morrison looked quality. Can see him being in squad for the world cup if he keeps this form up. rare to see an england player with flare

georgehudson

callum wilson in place of wellbeck,
how many chances did he spurn,
christie for smalling,
better replacement for walker,
shame he's injured though,
just a thought, but typed through 'sky blue' & fine wine glasses,
well done England,
PUSB

Sky Blue Kid

3 awful passes out of defence in a row from Baines, nearly cost us. He got caught out a couple of times when Poland countered. Not really International class, and I'll be glad when Cole is fit again.

Joy Division

Great performance last night. Thought it could easily have been more if it wasn't for the Polish keeper or if we had a bit more luck in front of goal.
Although we are never going to win the tournament I thought the forward line of Welbeck/Sturridge/Rooney/Townsend was absolutely frightening.

smileycov

Facebook User
Stu, totally agree with you regarding the FA's decision to double the away ticket allocation in what is England's most important game in four years.
The FA are totally out of touch and have shown again not fit for purpose.:facepalm:

If it wasn't for the poles the ground would have been 3/4 full. Cant moan when we are not packing it ourselves.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I have to say, being a Paddy (but born in Cov!), I am only a half-hearted follower of England, but last night's game was one of the most enjoyable games I've seen for a long time! Excellent result, excellent display and on this showing, I can see England going a good distance into the Finals. Again, I hold my hands up and say that I thought Roy Hodgson was the wrong man for manager. However, he's doing a good job at the moment! As someone has already pointed out, the front line of Welbeck, Sturridge, Rooney, and Townsend was awesome. And he's got Ricky Lambert waiting in the wings as well!
Well done England!

C

cw36

Get in. Next summer here we come. I expected there to be trouble. I know one idiot went on the pitch. But i thought there would be riots. Anyway the main thing is what happened on the pitch.

Taga

Get in. Next summer here we come. I expected there to be trouble. I know one idiot went on the pitch. But i thought there would be riots. Anyway the main thing is what happened on the pitch.

Not quite a riot but very tasty action afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread