English Football’s Biggest Clubs : REVEALED! (1 Viewer)

Fox46

Me and a friend have been working on a ranking system in terms of club size and here are the results!

http://thechriswhitingshow.wordpress...lubs-revealed/

Also, I know Leicester and Coventry are supposedly rivals but I wish you all the best in your current plight, we were so fortunate not to go the same way 10 years ago.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Reasonably as expected.....however your points scoring system appears to have thrown up a few strange ones....

For example....

How have Plymouth ended up above Swansea??

...and how on earth have Le*cester City (never heard of 'em) ended up above the mighty Coventry City FC?

Fox46

Reasonably as expected.....however your points scoring system appears to have thrown up a few strange ones....

For example....

How have Plymouth ended up above Swansea??

...and how on earth have Le*cester City (never heard of 'em) ended up above the mighty Coventry City FC?

Swansea and Plymouth's historical success was virtually identical - City slightly higher. But Plymouth's support was far greater than the Swans so they leapfrogged them.

RankClubSeasons in 1stSeasons in 2ndSeasons in 3rd1st tier titles2nd in 1st tierFA CupFA Cup FinalFA Cup semiLge CupLge Cup FinalLg Cup SemiUEFA CLUEFA CL RUEuropa LeagueUEFA CL seasonEuropa Lge Season2nd tier titleLower lge titleFans scorePts
20=Leicester City46611010473550000261388857
30Coventry City342923001110020000101363627

Longford

Not sure I agree with the scoring system though. Like most things that try to be objective it becomes subjective without sensible weighting.

For example.

Surely winning a major trophy, such as the FA cup, when there were only three things to win (i.e. when English clubs were banned from Europe) must be worth more than now, where even coming 6th in "Division 4" can get you a trip to Wembley. Just a thought :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

scroobiustom

Ipswich that low? wow....

Users who are viewing this thread