Transfer Rumour Ephron Mason-Clark (1 Viewer)

skybluecam

Apparently why it took so long to get over the line was the loan back

We tried to get them to drop it, they wouldn't, the usual brinkmanship then agreed to it
Shows that Robins & co recognised the need for another winger then, but we got outfoxed by P'boro which left us with no time to find an alternative.

Any free agents worth looking at?

stupot07

He has just come back from a year out injured what do you expect. Let’s give him the next 4 months and see where he is then.
Tbf injury aside, he's made his debut for Rochdale in September 2019, and has only only played the grand total of 42 league games in 4 and a half years since then, only 1 of which was a start. That's a total of 608 minutes of league football (equivalent 6.75 games) in his career.

For his own development he really needs games, and he is only going to get the very odd sub appearance here and there if he's lucky.

He averages 11.5 minutes per appearance for us, and it wasn't much more for Rochdale.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AOM

mmttww

This guy looks pretty decent but isn’t he a similar player to how we want Wright to play ? I was hoping perhaps for someone with some aerial prescence...

He looks like he has something no one else in the squad has - raw pace. Also looks like he played off the right most of the time at Barnet so he can cover both flanks. I think Wright or Simms will ultimately have to play a lot of games through the middle and it's on the player in that position to give the presence you're talking about. Both have the attributes to do it - up to them to show it.

shmmeee

He looks like he has something no one else in the squad has - raw pace. Also looks like he played off the right most of the time at Barnet so he can cover both flanks. I think Wright or Simms will ultimately have to play a lot of games through the middle and it's on the player in that position to give the presence you're talking about. Both have the attributes to do it - up to them to show it.

Just cos we’ve been looking at the position for so long I think he goes straight in at LW and Haji and Ellis compete for ST, with some rotation for fitness and form among all three.

Mucca Mad Boys

Just cos we’ve been looking at the position for so long I think he goes straight in at LW and Haji and Ellis compete for ST, with some rotation for fitness and form among all three.
Depends on form. If Simms starts banging in the goals, Sakamoto and Wright keep up with their goal scoring form… EMC will have to fight to force his way into the team.

It’s really exciting, you’ll think the summer we’ll add more options out wide and in midfield.

shmmeee

Depends on form. If Simms starts banging in the goals, Sakamoto and Wright keep up with their goal scoring form… EMC will have to fight to force his way into the team.

It’s really exciting, you’ll think the summer we’ll add more options out wide and in midfield.

Yeah if Wright is going to compete with Simms at ST, we need another wide player in, otherwise we need a striker in as I assume Godden will be off. Will be interesting to see if Burroughs fits back in after a season in L1. If he’s up to it could slot in at RB or at RW. Same for Howley in the middle. If we can promote just one or two from the academy we’re laughing.

Marty

On paper looks exactly the type of signing we should be making, young, athletic, good footballing ability and one of the best in L1 this campaign. On a long contract too, we're looking at being 4/5 players short of autos for next season, but we obviously have the summer transfer window to do the last bit of business, every chance we come out the blocks flying and just keep getting better and better as the season wears on. I'm so excited for the future.

mmttww

Haji and Ellis compete for ST, with some rotation for fitness and form among all three.

I'm assuming Godden is off in the summer, meaning we'll need one more player in.

Wright's left foot looks strong enough for him to cover all three spots across the line.

EMC can play either as an inverted winger off the left, or a pure winger on the right.

Simms can cover the left side and the middle. No point him playing down the right.

Sakamoto can cover right or left, same as EMC. Either inverting or as a pure winger.

CCFCSteve

Exciting signing. Shame he’s not here immediately but would rather get the right players in. Playing a bit of catch up so sorry if I’ve missed it but any rumours of the fee ?

Offhegoes

Yeah if Wright is going to compete with Simms at ST, we need another wide player in, otherwise we need a striker in as I assume Godden will be off. Will be interesting to see if Burroughs fits back in after a season in L1. If he’s up to it could slot in at RB or at RW. Same for Howley in the middle. If we can promote just one or two from the academy we’re laughing.
Howey has played little at Dundee, and Burroughs seems to have been on the bench for the last few Lincoln games. Not sure they will be good enough for a Promotion chasing Championship team next season, or possibly a newly promoted Premier League team. Never say never though...Burroughs does have bags of pace so he could develop into a top player

TomRad85

Id be most worried about Luton TBH, if they come down it’ll be with the nucleus of what got them up plus some sensible additions and cash to add more. Probably the least likely to turn basket case.
Yeh think Sheffield will be poor, Brereton Diaz is only a loan and is clearly playing to stay in the the Prem, Ahmedhodzic wants off, Hamer might just do enough for a move... I guess Villa could buy back Archer to sell on again but not sure he's proved to be worth it.
Other than that, I think they are pretty awful.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Gibbo

Agreed. COH will want to prove he’s a Prem player, there was a lot of opposition at Villa to releasing him in the first place.

He’ll want to play at the next level and if someone offers him that, he probably won’t stay.
O'Hare has actually managed his career quite well. He wants to play 1st team football at the highest level he can. He opts out of Villa for a struggling Championship club, for a number of reasons, but getting regular 1st team must have been the biggest. He could have languished for at least 2 seasons at AV or gone on another loan. Now he is repeating the trick. He will want the best move he can get, and there will be no fee to get in the way. That may also mean more in wages. Sounds like he is well advised

mmttww

If we can promote just one or two from the academy we’re laughing.

Feel like that's the final piece of the puzzle. We can't drop £1-2m on 20+ players. Need a few to step up for depth.

Might be where the plan struggles a bit. Doubt DK plans to build a new Academy without a PL windfall.

AHC isn't going to attract elite talent. Just have to hope performance in the league persuades a few to join or stay.

Mucca Mad Boys

We’ve made leaps and bounds into our overall squad depth from last season. With a match day squad of 20, we’re very close to having a competitive squad right at the top of the league.

Looking at the squad atm, our bench has a disproportionate amount of defenders. Next season we’ll want more a composition with more midfielders and attacking players.

For example, if we replace Godden, Tavares, Allen, one of 3 defenders for our bench and we look so much more dangerous.

With no knowledge of incomings or outgoings, my early prospectus of summer targets is:
- a GK to challenge Collins
- Binks on a permanent/replacement
- CM to replace Kelly
- Striker to replace Godden
- Wide player to challenge Sakamoto/EMC
- AM - depends on COH staying or not
- Development players to fill gaps as we did very well in L2

I like Bidwell and JDS but if we could get a left sided MVE, that would be amazing.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Howey has played little at Dundee, and Burroughs seems to have been on the bench for the last few Lincoln games. Not sure they will be good enough for a Promotion chasing Championship team next season, or possibly a newly promoted Premier League team. Never say never though...Burroughs does have bags of pace so he could develop into a top player

From what I’ve seen he’s not defensively good enough for RB, but his pace and use of the ball might make him an option at RW.

Mucca Mad Boys

O'Hare has actually managed his career quite well. He wants to play 1st team football at the highest level he can. He opts out of Villa for a struggling Championship club, for a number of reasons, but getting regular 1st team must have been the biggest. He could have languished for at least 2 seasons at AV or gone on another loan. Now he is repeating the trick. He will want the best move he can get, and there will be no fee to get in the way. That may also mean more in wages. Sounds like he is well advised

I agree, he’s managed his career very well as things stand.

Thankfully, with new ownership and ambitious (but intelligent) moves in the transfer market, everyone at the club can say ‘when’ we get promoted not ‘if’. That might sway COH to stay for 1 more season because he loves the club (as a player).

Following the update from @Mr Panda, I’m more optimistic about keeping him. If a Prem team offers the same salary but game time is not guaranteed, I could see him staying. I still err on the side of him leaving if we fail to get promoted.

Brylowes

Surely ticket sale and merchandise are covering that, must be the best it’s been. I don’t get why we’re are buying for next season as our promotion chances will be the same as this.
I can never work out whether you’re ‘actually as stupid as your contributions on here would have me believe, or just on a permanent wind-up.

mmttww

Well it’s not going to do anything while it’s in the bank account is it.

Season ticket sales incl. Premier League Packages, ticket sales, food and drink all combined over a season doesn't cover a squad of 20 players on an average of £10k p/w. That's before we've paid staff, run the Academy and everything else. Clubs in this league don't make money. If DK is using 20-30% of the fees from the summer to cover the shortfall, I'm fine with that. You feel differently about it?

Saddlebrains

Come the summer, Moore and Kelly will be released so thats a decent wage for a top notch free, bit like when Albion got Swift

Godden, Tavares and Allen will likely be moved on for a small fee, again, not too shabby on the wage front

Add to that the few million still rattling around from Gus, the inevitable 10 plus million from Viks move in the summer, we really should be in a position to add 3 or 4 of real quality to push for top 2 next season

Tommo1993

I really can’t believe that Posh fans are trying to belittle little old Coventry. Amazing.

shmmeee

Come the summer, Moore and Kelly will be released so thats a decent wage for a top notch free, bit like when Albion got Swift

Godden, Tavares and Allen will likely be moved on for a small fee, again, not too shabby on the wage front

Add to that the few million still rattling around from Gus, the inevitable 10 plus million from Viks move in the summer, we really should be in a position to add 3 or 4 of real quality to push for top 2 next season

Cals wages too

Perryccfc

A little gutted he isn't joining now, but it sounds like we have made the right call to secure him now, rather than risk a summer scrap for his signature. A Posh supporting mate tells me he is unreal on the ball, like the kid we all played against in the playground where nobody could get the ball off him. In his opinion he is destined for the Premier League.

Users who are viewing this thread