Euro 2020 (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

To be held all across the continent rather than in a host nation-what do we think? Personally think it's a stupid idea for a variety of reasons (logistics, cost to fans etc).

Nick

Administrator
Imagine following England around Europe within the space of a few weeks.

You will need to be a millionaire.

LastGarrison

Would cost a fortune and also does that mean that every country who hosts a match qualifies automatically?

An all round logistical nightmare.

Brighton Sky Blue

Imagine following England around Europe within the space of a few weeks.

You will need to be a millionaire.

Astonishes me that the likes of the FA and other associations are dead in favour-supporting your team abroad is expensive enough anyway!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Almost as dumb as holding the WC in Qatar.....

...The Euros are gonna be shitter in future anyway....expanded from 16 to 24 teams....

...the way things are going, by 2020 no-one will give a shiny shit about international football...

redsox

Facebook User
Can't see it being successful myself. It wasn't Sepp Blatter's idea by any chance?

skybluearmy88

the only way this could possibly work is if it was to follow the path of the rugby world cup hosted by france, where they had games in france and wales, it would be fine if they choose several countrys close to each other, for example- England, Scotland, Wales, ireland, N ireland, France etc, even then its a bit much.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Interesting Idea.. but how it would work will be an interesting read?
Lets not dismiss Monsieur Platini's ideas out of hand.. just because he is French? ;)

Mucca Mad Boys

If was implemented, I highly doubt, for example, England would play in Portugal 1 week, Russia the net, I think it'll be allocated regions, e.g. Group A in Britain, B in France or C in Eastren Europe etc. it'd be better than having 2 shit host nations, like the last 2 hosts :facepalm:

24 teams in Euro is stupid.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Bloody silly idea! Platini should go! (And Blatter!)

Brighton Sky Blue

If was implemented, I highly doubt, for example, England would play in Portugal 1 week, Russia the net, I think it'll be allocated regions, e.g. Group A in Britain, B in France or C in Eastren Europe etc. it'd be better than having 2 shit host nations, like the last 2 hosts :facepalm:

24 teams in Euro is stupid.

Would still fall apart once the group stages were over.

Users who are viewing this thread