European championships 2020 thread (19 Viewers)

cc84cov

Saka and Sterling running off Kane works in theory, especially against Hummels.

But it seems wrong that means no Mount, Foden or Grealish!! The latter two especially are match winners.
Pace will hurt Germany tonight they will have the lion share of the ball and want us to play into the feet of Foden grealish etc Saka and sterling running in is the one

Mucca Mad Boys

Saka and Sterling running off Kane works in theory, especially against Hummels.

But it seems wrong that means no Mount, Foden or Grealish!! The latter two especially are match winners.

We’ve got 5 subs and there’s no doubt that we’ll bring on some of these players.

Saka has been MOTM in most of his England performances to date. Not my first choice, but he is someone that clearly performs when he puts on the England shirt.

Had Mount not had to isolate, I’d be surprised to see him start the game on the bench.

Sky_Blue_Daz

I’d imagine Grealish would be given the last half hour

COV

What I don't want to hear tonight... fans singing "Its coming home"... celebrates the fact we never win anything, the Germans adopted it as their song, revels in misery, oh and its crap.

cc84cov

What I don't want to hear tonight... fans singing "Its coming home"... celebrates the fact we never win anything, the Germans adopted it as their song, revels in misery, oh and its crap.
Least of my worries is what the fans sing tbh son

Get a grip of yourself 🥳

Reactions: COV

jordan210

Least of my worries is what the fans sing tbh son

Get a grip of yourself 🥳

Main thing to worry about is the England band are back in tonight. So that bloody trumpet is back !

giphy.gif

fernandopartridge

Wouldn’t be my team, but this makes sense. We need a better delivery in the box and Trippier offers that. There’s the flexibility to change things up if we do need to chase a goal.

Psychologically, I don’t like it because it seems like we’re adapting our style to play them.

If we win, he’s a genius - that’s the margin.
We played this way previously and looked better for it, the change to a back 4 was forced by injury more than chosen as a way of playing. I hope we do play with wing backs personally.

Tommo1993

50/50 this one. Both good teams on paper, Germany leaky defence, we’re due a good, unexpected flair performance. The German fans seem as pessimistic as most of ours.

COV

So I've gathered myself and feel it's time to make a level headed prediction .

England 5 -1 Germany
giphy.gif

I'm going...

England to go 1-0 up early, Sterling.

Then about 75-80 mins of torture as we sit back desperately and they are all over us, only punctuated by the odd lightning break, until we score the second in the 88th min

England 2 Germany 0

Liquid Gold

I've finished work and now just sinking pints at home out of nervousness before going to the pub.

This is such a fucking huge game. Beat Germany and open up a route to the final

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!

Reactions: COV

Great_Expectations

I've finished work and now just sinking pints at home out of nervousness before going to the pub.

This is such a fucking huge game. Beat Germany and open up a route to the final

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!

Jealous. Home with kids, partner and pets again for me - not the atmosphere I was after. One of the kids has to self isolate, so that ruined all plans.

I can still do the drinking part though!

Terry Gibson's perm

Pogba was immense yesterday even without the goal. Just seems United don’t play him in the right position as he was also quality for Juve. Some of the passing and through balls were superb. What unfortunately he does bring is an attitude the size of France, he is clearly for a big move out of United at some point so puts himself in the shop window. Bound for Madrid at some stage

Pogba is perfect for Madrid both think they are more important than they are. He’s a good player when Kante is carrying him.

Mucca Mad Boys

Only person in my department who likes football, guess whose been told they can't finish early :mad:

I agreed with my manager that if my team and cut our lunch break in half and finished all our work... We can finish an hour early!

Work chat has been dominated by the football today! No one is at the races with game upon us!

Users who are viewing this thread